PDA

View Full Version : LEA - Excel, G-IAMS

jimbob69
1st Nov 2006, 10:47
Anyone shed any light on the fact that LEA no longer have G-IAMS? Does anyone know where it has gone? Who has it now?

G-INFO still has it regisitered to Amsair c/o LEA..... :confused:

spanishflea
1st Nov 2006, 11:07
TwinJet manage the Legacy, so maybe it has headed across to them at Luton? What about SIRS the other Excel?

SiTurn
1st Nov 2006, 11:23
they still have SIRS.

jamesarmstrong
1st Nov 2006, 15:30
yep, they definitley still have G-SIRS but I don't know whats happening to G-IAMS.

Anyone know anything?

SkyTrax2
5th Nov 2006, 20:53
Last l heard she was in CSE at Bournemouth and is gonna be heading to the USA, dont take that as gospel though!

checklist69
6th Nov 2006, 09:30
..... She's going east.

'69

J32/41
6th Nov 2006, 12:45
Are the Excel's being replaced?

:confused:

Gulf4uk
6th Nov 2006, 20:51
Excuse me Gents for coming on a non Spotters board but just to tell you
you G-SIRS and G-GHPG spend lot of there time at Farnborough in recent
times in and out . G -GHPG is Said based EGLF looks likely SIRS is as well
Amount of time its here

Regards from foggy farnborough

Tony
farnborough spotters groups

Arkwright
6th Nov 2006, 21:35
G-IAMS is indeed heading East.....North East to be more precise. Can't remember which Scandanavian country now! :}
AMSAIR has sold both its Excels, G-IAMS and G-SIRS. LEA have bought the latter.
LEA now have three Excels, SIRS, WINA and CIEL, with a (newer) replacement for IAMS due 1st quarter '07. :ok:

Sepp
7th Nov 2006, 00:08
What an astonishing rumour mill - and amazing how wide of the mark rumours can be. Listen to Arkwright.

btw, I did the pre-delivery flt for the putative owner t'other day...

chileconcarne27
7th Nov 2006, 06:35
I can tell you that all these three have been sat outside our hangar at STN during the past week, still being operated by LEA. Whether IAMS has been sold or not i don't know, and neither (it seems) do the boys who fly her.

WINA is here now and i've got two LEA pilots in the lounge so it seems that this one is here for a while at least.

checklist69
7th Nov 2006, 08:32
G-IAMS is indeed heading East.....North East to be more precise. Can't remember which Scandanavian country now!
.....first Scandinavia, then 155/353nm.

:)

'69

chileconcarne27
7th Nov 2006, 11:05
G-IAMS was delivered to the Czech Republic yesterday!

Rumours that SIRS will be sold in the future too...

Gulf4uk
7th Nov 2006, 16:51
HI

Both G-SIRS and G -WINA operated out of farnborough today

TONY

chileconcarne27
7th Nov 2006, 18:24
I have just spoken to the delivery pilot and it seems that G-IAMS has headed to the Czech Republic via Odense to replace a Beech 400 as a calibrator aircraft for the military!

Anybody out there with a close affinity to the aircraft will be sorely upset as you will never recognise it again! New paint, new reg and new interior!
:{

needfone
7th Nov 2006, 18:45
I can confirm that chilli con's comments are correct in everything he says, its a huge loss for GA as its one of the best cabin configs around for the XL.

Was a sad moment to hand over the keys to the new owner:{

To top things off my luggage was Bloody lost on our commerial back home, i dont like to point the finger but............. the opperator's livery is white and orange......:ouch:

Sirs is sirs but its not, if you get my drift :ok:

Arkwright
7th Nov 2006, 21:26
I can confirm that chilli con's comments are correct in everything he says, its a huge loss for GA as its one of the best cabin configs around for the XL.
Hi needfone!
'Everything HE says' ???
I think you'll find that chileconcarne27 is a SHE ! :}

brokerbroker
8th Nov 2006, 12:01
g-iams sold to omnipol.

needfone
8th Nov 2006, 21:14
I'm sorry!!!!!:O

Re quote: Everything she says is correct..

James25
12th Feb 2011, 03:19
As of the 28th October 2006 she want to the Cancelled the following week on export to The Czech Republic Amsair ltd also Have G-SPUR C550 G-SIRS C560XL G-SIRA G-SUGA Which is a new toy :) Titan Airways have taken delivery of a brand new Embraer Legacy 650, the first in commercial service.