PDA

View Full Version : Where to advertise for instructors nr Glasgow

xrayalpha
31st Oct 2006, 11:37
Hi,

First post to pprune. Not sure if you can advertise here - couldn't find FAQs to cover this - but I am looking for advice (although it could be an advert if you are interested) on where to find Group A instructors to fly three-axis microlights?

I had thought of crew room noticeboards in case anyone in commercial ops fancied some part-time work - since I hear of people down south who fly commercially and then do part-time Group A instruction.

Or what about people near retirement? But how do you get in there/ get in touch?

Reason is I have an airfield and a C42 Ikarus and students - just need an instructor or instructors!

Am afraid I am one of those flying triangle types myself, so no real three axis experience.

Very best wishes to all

Whopity
2nd Nov 2006, 17:21
Very few SEP (Group A disappeared 6 years ago) FIs venture into Microlight instruction; probably because most FIs are collecting hours towards a commercial job. Unfortunately Microlight hours don't count for anything and Microlight instruction won't help to make the jump to getting rid of the FI Restriction.

AGES
7th Nov 2006, 11:14
Where's your Airfield?

Say again s l o w l y
7th Nov 2006, 19:17
Hi Colin,

There is a bit of shortage of FI's at the mo'. Finding FI's is a bit of an issue for all of us.

How much will you be paying etc. If it's loads and loads, It may help to get people interested! I may know of a few leads if you give me a ring.