PDA

View Full Version : Thank you St. Mawgan

VeeAny
30th Oct 2006, 20:49
On saturday 28th October 2006 I had one of the most unpleasant experiences I've ever had in a helicopter over cornwall.
I would like to say thank you for the professionalism of the ATC unit at RAF St, Mawgan. In particular to a WO who shall remain nameless, but those who do know him has the initials SA. I had never met him until that afternoon, and can only say that for 15-20 minutes he was my connection to the real world, while I dealt with an in flight emergency. Anyone who really wants to know can read about it here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2937681#post2937681). I will never forget that afternoon, and I am sure that to him and the other guys in the tower it was just a normal Saturday.

Thanks also to the helicopter crew, who were operating on the airfield and giving cloudbase reports to the tower, and who waited until i got down safely to return to their base.

Thank you, your help was truly appreciated more than you will ever know.

SID East
2nd Nov 2006, 15:49
Good to see a nice thank you for the thoroughly decent chaps at St Mawgan ATC.

I read your linked post with interest - what a trip!.

I am lead to believe the controller concerned has been made aware of your post here.

Happy landings.

:ok:

JanBoy
3rd Nov 2006, 16:16
Delighted to see you got back safely VeeAny. You spoke to me at SMG ATC on Monday enquiring about SA's preferred tipple! Apparently pretty much anything! Your efforts in saying thank you and publicising the service received are much appreciated. Would you have any problem if your in flight emergency and subsequent ATC handling were featured in the Stn mag? PM me if you wish. OCTASD

Pierre Argh
3rd Nov 2006, 17:27
SA's preferred tipple! better make it coffee white none (as I recall?)... not allowed to drink before duty, and those watch rosters at SMG are really tough!

VeeAny
7th Nov 2006, 22:54
Janboy

No problem with the station mag, I'll call you in the next couple of days to discuss.

V.