PDA

View Full Version : TA

trafficcontrol
30th Oct 2006, 17:02
Whats NATS stance on being part of the Terratorial Army. I'm not, but I am applying next year in May when im 18, and just thought that maybe at some point i would like to do TA, I don't want an army career, i have my heart set on ATC and would drop any though of TA all together if it would infringe my chances of getting the job. Just Curious.

Cheers,

Sam

eyeinthesky
30th Oct 2006, 17:09
There is at least one person I can think of at LACC who is an active member of the TA. Not a problem as far as I know in terms of principle, but not sure how he goes about getting released from the operational duties to meet the TA requirement if they conflict.

Dan Dare
31st Oct 2006, 07:59
The staff manual gives details of special leave for VR duties in the forces (I think it covers annual camp, but not regular duties, which have to be covered in your own time) and that NATS, as an ex civil-service organisation, supposedly encourages such duty.

I would suggest that you don't want to be too distracted by TA when you are training though. The course is intensive enough as it is and nobody will give you extra allowances just because you have other commitments twice a week.

trafficcontrol
31st Oct 2006, 15:08
Thank you very much for your informative replies, I know exactly what you mean, as far as i am concerned NATS will always come first as its my dream career, i was just thinking about the possibility in the future.

Cheers again,

Sam

aluminium persuader
31st Oct 2006, 21:39
Watch out though - a 3-month tour overseas and whoops! There goes your validation! :hmm: