PDA

View Full Version : G-BRNZ-Where is it now?

stray10level
30th Oct 2006, 13:01
I was looking through G-INFO and noticed this plane is registered untill 20/06/2008. I seem to recall it was subject to an investigation? Who's flying it these days? Used to belong to Billins of Cranfield i think?

pumper_bob
31st Oct 2006, 01:02
I think this might explain it a bit:confused: Not sure what happened to the plane
after this event, but it is still registered to the pilot!!

Six deny people smuggling charges

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40340000/jpg/_40340323_plane203.jpg The plane was said to be landed twice at Lamberhurst on 2 July

Six people including a pilot have denied charges of conspiracy to smuggle illegal immigrants into the UK.

SFCC
31st Oct 2006, 06:28
Was at Fenland in the not too distant past minus propeller

Will Hung
31st Oct 2006, 08:21
It was certainly at Cranfield for a time at Billins when I was a member there. Back in '98 I went to Aus and there was a guy selling helicopter pleasure flights around Sydney harbour. We got chatting, and he mentioned that he used to fly a Cherokee 6 G-BRNZ. Quite a coincidence I thought.

dwshimoda
31st Oct 2006, 10:53
This aircraft WAS on the Billins line at Cranfield several years ago. It had left the line however about 12 months prior to it allegedly being used for smuggling, and had absolutely no involvement with Billins / Cranfield.

Casued some amusement in the flying club though! Not sure what the final outcome was.

DW.

airborne_artist
31st Oct 2006, 11:37
I'd hazard a guess it's locked in a hangar somewhere at great expense to the taxpayer while the CPS get a case together and into court. It is normal for the prosecutor to ask for the vehicles to be forfeited at the end of a successful trial - they are then sold by and the money goes to the Treasury, I believe.

S-Works
31st Oct 2006, 12:04
I'd hazard a guess it's locked in a hangar somewhere at great expense to the taxpayer while the CPS get a case together and into court. It is normal for the prosecutor to ask for the vehicles to be forfeited at the end of a successful trial - they are then sold by and the money goes to the Treasury, I believe.
Only if the property of the criminal, if they belong to a 3rd party who rented in good faith then they are returned to the legal owner.

'Chuffer' Dandridge
31st Oct 2006, 15:14
It was parked out at Headcorn, where it was impounded at the time of the alleged crime, until very recently. Gone now:oh:

FERRYAIR
10th Dec 2006, 19:36
G-BRNZ used to be my aircraft for about 4 years and it was operated by Billins Air Services for about 2 years of my ownership and then I moved it to Elstree, ironically I had to put the 3 blade prop on it when it suffered a taxying accident where a brick hit the original 2 blade prop.
After I sold out of the aircraft it seemed to go on to have a chequered history.

Strangely if the Prop is off it now and anyone knows where it is I would like it back as the new owners never paid for it and it is still theoretically my property (long story, best not discussed on here)

Flybywyre
10th Dec 2006, 23:04
At one time this used to be based at White Waltham and was known as "The banana Split" due to its yellow and White colour scheme.
It was a great aircraft and I did quite a few hours in it, just checked my log book and the last trip I did in GBRNZ was White Waltham to Cork on the 17/09/93........ 14:55 to 17:15 ( I can recommend the Guiness and hospitality in Cork :ok: )

AC-DC
11th Dec 2006, 16:55
G-BRNZ used to be my aircraft for about 4 years and it was operated by Billins Air Services for about 2 years of my ownership and then I moved it to Elstree, ironically I had to put the 3 blade prop on it when it suffered a taxying accident where a brick hit the original 2 blade prop.
After I sold out of the aircraft it seemed to go on to have a chequered history.

Strangely if the Prop is off it now and anyone knows where it is I would like it back as the new owners never paid for it and it is still theoretically my property)
Peter
Didn't you owe Laurence large amount of money for the hours that you've flown and didn't pay? Weren't you baned by the other group members from flying the aircraft until you clear your debt?

Just asking.:rolleyes:

(long story, best not discussed on here)

Can't agree more.

stray10level
11th Dec 2006, 17:26
Well lots of people have seen it, a bit like the scarlet pimpernel:uhoh: But where is it now:confused: That is the Question:confused:

AC-DC
11th Dec 2006, 21:44
The aircraft was bought by the pilot that was arrested, therefore it should be in the hands of HM Customs services.

Flyin'Dutch'
12th Dec 2006, 02:12
Nice picture and great discussions about colour schemes but nobody seemed to have mentionted the best scheme it ever had with the big dice on it!

Nobody failed to notice that one!

Flew it when it was on the Billins line in '95

stray10level
12th Dec 2006, 10:40
Thats what i am trying to understand, AC-DC (great band by the way:ok: ) When do they (Customs and Excise, or whatever theyr'e called these days)(HMCR?) have these auctions and where do we go to grab a bargain:confused: :confused: :confused: Thats what i am trying to establish!

Will Hung
12th Dec 2006, 12:57
Ferryair, just out of interest, how did a brick hit the prop ? Incidentally, I considered buying a share in her, off of Laurence, but bottled out !

ifonly
12th Dec 2006, 16:57
I thought it was used for smuggling people - Surely a police/ Immigration matter rather than HMCE. G-INFO shows the pilot only to be the 'Trustee' of the group so presumably not the outright owner. If the rest of it is owned by innocent parties presumably they still have a claim to it ?

maxdrypower
12th Dec 2006, 18:21
You will note today that the owner of th A/c and his cohorts were convicted of people smuggling . This means that in all likelihood the A/c will now be in the posession of the crown to be disposed with how they see fit . An auction may very well be the way they get rid of it . It is not a HMCE operation it was run by SOCA who as you may know are an amalgamation of the HMCE NCS and immigration service , one of their remits is that of people smuggling . unfortunately you cannot contact SOCA regarding this aircraft . With an organistaion such as this it is highly possible it will be used by them for other purposes , reregistered of course or they may dispnse with it under the poceeds of crime act . I would not expect to see it as G BRNZ again though

AC-DC
12th Dec 2006, 19:00
When do they (Customs and Excise, or whatever theyr'e called these days)(HMCR?) have these auctions and where do we go to grab a bargain:confused: :confused: :confused: Thats what i am trying to establish!

If I would know I wouldn't tell you, I want to be the only one :)

ifonly
12th Dec 2006, 19:02
Maxdrypowder

Is that the same SOCA formed in April 2006, even though this event took place in 2004 !!!

maxdrypower
13th Dec 2006, 13:46
Ah An Attempt To Be Smart Eh , Yes It Is ,the Ncs Hmce And Ims Became Soca What Do You Think They Did Just Dropped All Their Cases And Said " Ah We No Longer Exist We Can Forget About That G-brnz Job Now " Come On

flyingphil1
13th Dec 2006, 14:55
I'm not sure about a bargain price but I had some great flying in that plane including lots of nearby Europe. I'm not sure why people think its available as I thought Wyatt Anderson was operating it ? Anyway I hope she continues (or starts) again and long may she fly!!:D

Kaptain Kremen
13th Dec 2006, 14:59
saw her today, at fenland, no prop or engine, tucked away.

FERRYAIR
17th Dec 2006, 14:02
People smugglers who helped 40 illegals into UK are guilty
http://www.kentnews.co.uk/sitegfx/fixes/headline_top_line.gif

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/ImageSuite/UserImages/news/Smuggle-Anderson-kent-news-348_f16M.jpg

Wyatt Anderson

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/ImageSuite/UserImages/news/Smuggle-Gulsen-kent-news-348_Ci90.jpg

Feyzullah Gulsen

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/ImageSuite/UserImages/news/smuggle-Hassan-kent-news-348_F1p4.jpg

Mensur Hassan

Three men were found guilty yesterday of using a light aircraft to smuggle 40 illegal immigrants into Britain.

They were part of a seven-strong people smuggling gang apprehended after a police helicopter chased their fixed-wing plane across the skies of Kent.

National Crime Squad detectives had six men and a woman under surveillance for three months before the dramatic high-altitude pursuit.

The gang used British pilot and plane owner Wyatt Anderson, 49, to fly Turkish immigrants illegally into this country from France and Belgium.

People smuggling rings have used lorries, cars, trains, ferries, yachts, and inflatable dinghies to get their human cargo across the English Channel.

But this is believed to be the first time a gang has used their own light aircraft to get round immigration controls.

They made at least 10 trips from northern France and Belgium bringing four illegals a time to land at secluded unpatrolled airstrips in Kent or Cambridgeshire.

This would have netted the gang more than £260,000 during a three-month period in 2004.
Anderson and Turkish nationals Mensur Hassan, 35, and Feyzullah Gulsen, 33, were convicted today (Tue) of conspiracy to smuggle illegal immigrants into this country after a two-month-long trial.

A jury of six men and five women found them guilty of the single charge after deliberating for 20 hours and 15 minutes at Middlesex Guildhall Crown Court in London.

Anderson, who appeared in the dock wearing a neck brace and using crutches for the last five days after an accident, held his head in his hands after the verdict.

Hassan and Gulsen showed no emotion, but their wives and family wept in the public gallery.

During the trial the jury heard Anderson, from Surrey, was arrested after landing at Headcorn Airfield where he kept his plane.
The police helicopter had followed him from an airstrip in a field in Lamberhurst, near Tunbridge Wells where he had dropped off eight illegals in two trips from France.

Hassan, who had links with Ali Gun, 47, jailed in October for running one of Europe's biggest people smuggling operations, was the ringleader of the light aircraft smuggling operation.

His right-hand man Gulsen worked with him organising the sophisticated enterprise.
Anderson was used to fly to airstrips in fields around Abbeville in the Pas de Calais region of northern France and to Moorsele airfield in Belgium, where he picked up Turkish immigrants from the European arm of the operation.

He flew these people back to the remote airstrip in Lamberhurst and to Bourne airfield in Cambridgeshire.

Anthony Davies, 44, his wife Jeanette Davies, 43, and Turkish national Isa Baskaya, 47, met the human cargo when they were dropped off by Anderson and drove them up to Turkish cafes in the Green Street area of Haringey, north London.
Davies, his wife and Baskaya pleaded guilty to conspiracy to smuggle illegal immigrants at an earlier hearing.

They handed over the illegals to Hassan and Gulsen there, who were paid 10,000 Euros, or £6,700 per person for the transport.

Most of the immigrants were then found low-paid black-market jobs in north London's Turkish community.

Another of the alleged drivers Turkish national Indat Oztaz, 41, was acquitted of the conspiracy charge at an earlier court hearing.

The court heard that NCS detectives watched and filmed Anderson fly two plane-loads of immigrants from Abbeville to Lamberhurst on the morning of July 02, 2004.

The first cargo of three adults and a child were met and driven up to London.

The second of four adults was met by Davies and his wife, and Baskaya, who were arrested as they tried to drive away from the airstrip.
Anderson took off again and flew to Headcorn Airfield where he kept his six-seater Piper PA-32-300 Cherokee plane.

But as soon as he landed detectives swooped in their helicopter and arrested him on the tarmac of the airfield.

During the trial Anderson, who was paid £4,000 each trip, claimed he had been flying around Britain and had not been to Europe.

No flight plans were logged for trips to Europe as they are supposed to be.

But a satellite navigation system he used in his plane and car showed he had been making regular trips to France and Belgium.

Checks made by the Serious Organised Crime Agency, which has taken over the work of the National Crime Squad, showed Anderson used three aliases and had 92 previous convictions - mainly for fraud and deception.

Judge Roger Chapple described his criminal history only being discovered after the jury had retired to consider its verdict as "almost scandalous".
The jury was told Anderson was of "good character" during the trial.

After the guilty verdicts were returned the judge remanded Anderson, Hassan and Gulsen in custody to be sentenced with Davies, his wife, and Baskaya.
He said: "I propose to pass sentence on all six defendants at the same time next Monday."
After the guilty verdicts the Assistant Chief Crown Prosecutor for Kent Nigel Pilkington said: "We worked closely with the police from the outset of this complex case.

"It was interesting in the way these people were moved around. I don't think a light aircraft has been used for this before.

"People are often brought in or underneath trucks in very poor and dangerous conditions, but this was very different.

"There was an unusual degree of sophistication and we think the gang choose to use the plane to get round customs or immigration controls.

"If people are hidden in trucks there is a danger they will be discovered, but flying from fields in France or Belgium to England reduces this risk as such strips are not staffed or patrolled."
Hassan, Gulsen, Baskaya, Davies and his wife were all living in north London when they were arrested.

Gun was jailed in October with Ramazan Zorlu, 43, and Hassan Eroglu, 47, after Scotland Yard's biggest ever investigation into human trafficking, codenamed Operation Bluesky.

These men controlled numerous people smuggling operations bringing Turkish and Iraqi immigrants into this country - making millions from their human cargo.

POSTED: 14/12/2006 11:37:33

Will Hung
18th Dec 2006, 09:05
I bet the sentences will be comical, as our judiciary are prone to do. No doubt the system has failed them. They probably feel alienated from the rest of society. Give them compensation !!

flyingphil1
19th Dec 2006, 06:31
Think you got that wrong Will .. 7 years for the Pilot !
Hope he stays straight and narrow after this ... Not good for G.A. as Judge Chapple finds it hard to believe how small planes can come and go .. they always could but its going to get harder no doubt ... let the boats keep the illegals ...

treadigraph
19th Dec 2006, 07:11
I used to have a 1970s Giles cartoon of a girl saying "Mummy, please tell Daddy that I dented the car backing it into a plane-load of illegal immigrants".

Apparently this was based on a then current news item about a British farmer who had done exactly that on his land to prevent the aircraft from taking off again... Nothing new under the sun (or even in it!). :}

Mariner9
19th Dec 2006, 13:09
If they were really cheeky, given that they've now been caught, they should claim fuel duty drawback on all those foreign flights :E :ok:

IO540
19th Dec 2006, 15:29
Don't be so hard on these poor guys.

Anderson used three aliases and had 92 previous convictions - mainly for fraud and deception.

Look, this man is perfectly qualified to run any general aviation related business.

The moment he gets out, he will be inundated with job offers from flying schools desperate for top management talent, and will probably be offered management consultancy positions at a number of UK airfields.

But the bit I like best is this

a satellite navigation system he used in his plane and car showed he had been making regular trips to France and Belgium

He should have navigated properly!

I don't think they can claim duty drawback; you have just 2 years to put the claim in.

Flap40
19th Dec 2006, 15:55
I used to have a 1970s Giles cartoon of a girl saying "Mummy, please tell Daddy that I dented the car backing it into a plane-load of illegal immigrants".
Apparently this was based on a then current news item about a British farmer who had done exactly that on his land to prevent the aircraft from taking off again... Nothing new under the sun (or even in it!). :}

Daily Express, November 30th 1971

I have a copy but I suspect that it is still subject to copyright.

Phil Space
21st Dec 2006, 11:44
Smugglers love the PA32 due to it's lifting ability. G-BADO got seized near Bristol a couple of decades ago for smuggling and got auctioned off. I'm not sure how one fares for getting the logs after the auction.

I flew a PA32-R from Detroit to Perth,West Australia in the late 80's and have to say it's agreat long distance people mover. (my wife later left me:rolleyes: )

Newforest
21st Dec 2006, 13:53
I flew a PA32-R from Detroit to Perth,West Australia in the late 80's and have to say it's agreat long distance people mover. (my wife later left me:rolleyes: )
Missing the point here, too many wifes with you?:confused:

gcolyer
21st Dec 2006, 14:27
But the bit I like best is this

a satellite navigation system he used in his plane and car showed he had been making regular trips to France and Belgium

He should have navigated properly!

I can't believe you are the same IO540 I always pick at regrading satnav:)

Ella Hrdger
4th Jan 2007, 15:13
Aircraft is at Fenland. held by the aeroclub for unpaid parking. Fenland Aeroservices have not been paid for work carried out on the airframe. They hold the airframe with the aeroclub.
Engine has been overhauled and is with the engine overhauler, again the bill is unpaid. Prop has vanished with baffles,exhausts,avionics and engine ancillaries. All taken by Anderson.

A number of people may have interests in this aircraft as Anderson says he sold shares to others even though he has not paid the seller (yet)

I would think it would be a good idea for any person owning a share to contact Fenland Aeroservices. They could complete the aircraft.

Anderson makes the devil seem a nice chap

flyingphil1
5th Jan 2007, 07:04
The group that Wyatt Anderson bought the plane from, about 3 years ago, were paid up in full for the plane so I'm not sure who this other "seller" is. I believe he was going to sell shares but I don't know if he did. It's a shame the old girls not flying though and hopefully the finance issue will be sorted by whoever owns the aircraft (Wyatt?) and we shall see the plane in the air soon...I know Wyatt's in prison but presumably he can be contacted. Come on you enthusiasts!!

Ella Hrdger
5th Jan 2007, 08:54
Wyatt sold aircraft to a person from Doncaster. it was paid for but was subject to an engineer inspection. It failed (no wonder) Wyatt then sold shares in the aircraft but had not returned monies to the Doncaster owner

A court order against him for the monies owed has been obtained by that person- I know as I have seen it.

He also sold the aircraft to the Doncaster person BEFORE he paid the owners at the time you owned it Phil.

Still say he makes the devil seem a nice person

hollywood285
8th Jan 2007, 09:51
Was in Fenland yesterday, its still there sat on its arse.

flyingphil1
8th Jan 2007, 13:06
[QUOTE=Ella Hrdger;3051857]Wyatt sold aircraft to a person from Doncaster. it was paid for but was subject to an engineer inspection. It failed (no wonder) Wyatt then sold shares in the aircraft but had not returned monies to the Doncaster owner

I know I should be working .. but I took a few minutes out to see who is the registered owner of G-BRNZ .....its still Wyatt Anderson (though I'm not sure about the Longfellow flying group as I thought that belonged to someone else) .. anyway if the chap in Doncaster paid for it .. why the B.H. didn't he register it?

The poor old girl (G-BRNZ) is getting a chequered past .. to go with its old paint work scheme I guess!

Ella Hrdger
11th Jan 2007, 13:02
Just seen G-BRNZ it's in a sorry state being upside down in a field. Completely scrapped. It departed the airfield sometime this morning. Don't expect we will ever to see it fly again. Not one part of the airframe is undamaged. Hope Wyatt paid the insurance. :rolleyes:

flyingphil1
11th Jan 2007, 14:57
(Just seen G-BRNZ it's in a sorry state being upside down in a field. Completely scrapped. It departed the airfield sometime this morning. Don't expect we will ever to see it fly again. Not one part of the airframe is undamaged. Hope Wyatt paid the insurance. :rolleyes:
We shall not see her likes again .. well not often ... It at least puts the saga to an end ... let hope other planes are tied down ......:{

Ella Hrdger
13th Jan 2007, 15:02
Aircraft blown over into a field 100 mts away. Wyatt had not used any chocks, pickets or weights, even controls were not locked (using seat belts) Maintenance company was told by Wyatt not to touch aircraft and if they did he would have them in court, so they tried to contact his wife to say that the aircraft was likely to be damaged if it was not secured. The engine overhauler also tried to contact his wife to let her know but was ignored.

The aircraft has not been secured since July 2006 when Wyatt removed engine. He fell out with the maintenance people ( who were a bit p****d off with what he was doing to the aircraft) and washed their hands of any further dealings with him.

Engine overhaul was completed late 2006 but bill was not paid so the engine was not released. Had it been and then fitted the aircraft would probably not have been damaged.

Wyatt owed money to the airfield, maintenance people and the engine overhauler and others.

Looks like the aircraft was being sold to the insurance company

stray10level
13th Jan 2007, 16:59
Am i missing something here? Wyatt Anderson got 7 years in December 2006 and he was refused bail while waiting for trial, so who is this Wyatt doing engine removals etc in July 2006? Also this would indicate HMCR didnt impound tha aircraft? The whole thing has an odour about it!

Ella Hrdger
14th Jan 2007, 09:03
Aircraft was released to Wyatt February 2006 as it was no longer required for evidence.

The court has a distraint order on all his property against the proceeds of crime. This just stops him selling the aircraft without court approval

Wyatt was released under bail conditions April 2006. He went to prison in December. 2006 when he was found guilty.

Late May 2006 he collected the aircraft from Headcorn and moved it to Fenland airfield. He got a friend to pay the charges at headcorn (total nearly £1800.00 for parking and maintenance carried out ) because he said he was not allowed to see or speak to anyone at Headcorn as they were witnesses for the police. They still wait to be paid.

He has managed to be very user friendly with other peoples money, I take my hat off to him for is skills in obtaining this support. Still he has only 93 convictions mostly for fraud and deception and has used up to 8 aliases. Not the first time he has been to prison either.

He should be:sad: :mad:

StillStanding
21st Jan 2007, 18:36
G-BRNZ at Fenland today. It has been recovered from the field back to the airfield but is a sorry sight.

file:///D:/My%20Pictures/2007_01_21/G-BRNZ.jpg

OK guys, how do I post an image????http://www.pprune.org/forums/d:%5CMy%20Pictures%5C2007_01_21/G-BRNZ.jpg

OpenCirrus619
21st Jan 2007, 19:01
OK guys, how do I post an image

You need to find a site you can post the photo to - then you, effectively, link to it.

OC619

P.S. If you want a free site you can post photos on try photobucket.com

StillStanding
21st Jan 2007, 19:14
http://www.asmn85.dsl.pipex.com/G-BRNZ.jpg

The moral of the story is, if you don't have an engine fitted don't forget the tie-downs.

ARLG
25th Jan 2007, 18:54
In one of the free London papers on the way home tonight was an article on the Man U spying claims.. image to accompany this was .. yes you've guessed it.

Did make me chuckle

stray10level
25th Jan 2007, 19:21
Which image are you refering too ARLG? Am i just being dense?

ARLG
26th Jan 2007, 06:20
sorry the image was in flight rather than on her back

Flying Eye
1st Jan 2010, 22:51
Will Hung
[I bet the sentences will be comical, as our judiciary are prone to do. No doubt the system has failed them. They probably feel alienated from the rest of society. Give them compensation !!]

Amazed at the stories going back and forth about this case! I do know something about it as I did have some involvement.

I was doing a search for the civil rules re fuel duty and about parking and hangarage charges for civil pilots and came across this link. Rumour and speculation seem to have run rife here - all except one poster who appears to be deliberately giving wrong information (another agenda I suspect);

The plane was given back to Anderson in early 2006. The postings about this event are inaccurate and misleading. At that time it was thought unlikely he would be convicted. A few people (including me) were not happy about some of the tactics and methods used to in this case. I don’t doubt that will be aired (not by me) in years to come. This gang had been under observation for 13 months when they suddenly needed use of another plane. Anderson's plane was advertised and he ended up in the frame. All he had to do was stand up and say the truth about what happened and who was involved and he would have walked. For reasons best not discussed, he chose not to. The other defendants were convicted fairly quickly but the jury took several days considering Anderson's case. They then came back with a question which he was not allowed to answer. This was a great shame as it would have probably cleared him. It was his own fault for not giving evidence. If he told the whole story he would have walked and various others would have got much longer. Despite what he thought at the time, he would have been offered adequate protection.

When he chose not to state his case, certain measures were taken. I do not believe I need to say much more on this topic but let me just say great efforts were made to ensure there were a 'full set' of convictions here. He had the choice to ‘opt out’ but chose not to take it.

Comments here that he had an easy time of it, simply is not the case at all. He was convicted and sentenced to seven years in December 2006 and went straight to jail without collecting his £200. He was out again by June or July 2007 (presumably on licence or on bail pending appeal) but back in shortly after for breach of conditions. Not sure how he got out again after that but I saw him at Headcorn again around Christmas 2007. Perhaps he went to pay for the hangerage? I also know he was working in Norwich in early 2008 and was spotted at Norwich International Airport but hot thought to be up to anything. Last I knew he was living a very quiet life in Surrey.

Admittedly, he is not doing time, but he has had more visits to the appeal court than most solicitors would care to take on simply to clear his name. If you are reading this Mr Anderson, take my advice and give it up. You need to put it all behind you and move on with your life. It is all water under the bridge now and even if you do eventually fail the final appeal, you are unlikely to end up back in prison for it because it is old news now!

By my reckoning, he has been fighting this case for almost 6 years now and as far as I know it is still not concluded. The only victory he had in court was when it was accepted that the business about dozens of aliases and convictions etc was all incorrect (but who cares?). So anyone thinking of picking up an extra passenger or three on the way back from Calais, make sure you are prepared to either do some hard time or spend the next few years of your life fighting it! Even if you win, you will never clear your name. This is sad but true.

There are also other VERY good reasons why you should not consider it but I think I have made the point. You will be hung out to dry. If it suits the political mood of the day, you will be dealt with severely and will never win any appeal.

Still think the system is soft?