PDA

View Full Version : Naples, Florida

bogbeagle
28th Oct 2006, 09:06
Myself and a colleague recently attended interviews for positions instructing at Naples Air Center, Fla.

At the interviews, we were told that we would hear of the results within two weeks. That was nearly a month ago.

Naples has not responded to our emails.

Does anyone have any information, postive or negative, re these positions?

I would like to think that there has been an admin or technical problem, rather than a lack of professionalism.

Bogbeagle

Patrick Murphy
29th Oct 2006, 01:56
They have a new ad for flight instructors on climbto350.com.

Esperanza
4th Nov 2006, 15:24
Hi Bogbeagle. Earlier this year I was offered a position with NAC. No interview. I just sent them my CV in response to an advertisement and was then offered the job during a telephone conversation. All very friendly, good money (salary), the correct visa, etc. I didn't take it for a several reasons.

1) Initially it all seemed to be too good to be true. Once I looked into the contract it soon became apparent that I would be working sunrise-sunset, and that leave would be almost non-existent during the first year. Not my idea of fun.

2) They wanted me to start work before actually gaining a visa. "Been there, done that"...not a good idea.

3) The salary initially looked good. Then I looked at the cost of housing in the Naples area. It's a lot more expensive than the rest of Florida.

4) At the time there appeared to be a lot of confusion/ bad rumours surrounding the school. I have no idea whether these rumours were true. However, the phrase "there's no smoke without fire" sprung to mind.

Since being offered the job they have advertised time and time again for both a JAA CFI and instructors. A bit unusual in my opinion.

Good luck if you manage to get out there.

bogbeagle
5th Nov 2006, 17:09
Thanks, Esperanza.

I don't imagine that they are interested in me, else they would surely have found a way to contact me.

You're probably right...I've had a lucky escape.

I guess that I'm just disappointed to be treated with such indifference. I know, I know; flying instructor, get used to it!

bogbeagle

Ninety-Nines
7th Nov 2006, 21:45
Having just returned from the UK last evening, I was asked to respond to this post.
NAC have had a JAA CFI on staff since June 2006. The adverts that were running were for experienced JAA FI's not CFI to teach our expanding CPL programme. The packages offered by NAC include a minimum of 4 weeks vacation plus the school is closed for Christmas from Dec 19th to January 8th.
Currently NAC are having applicants approved by the immigration lawyer for suitability for visas. Having just returned from the UK last night we are in the final stages of adding to the team.
Bobbeagle please respond to a PM as to whether you wish to be removed from consideration.
The Climb to 350 ad was and still is for FAA Flight Instructors as our Instructors are being picked up by the Airlines at an extraordinary pace. Our FI team is currently 15 strong.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.