PDA

View Full Version : Instructing in Manchester

Mister Geezer
27th Oct 2006, 23:28
I am moving down to MAN soon and as an airline jockey who still does some FI flying in my spare time, I was wondering if anyone might have contact details for any clubs near to Manchester who might be looking for a part time FI/FE.

Obviously Barton springs to mind but is there much activity at Manchester it self? Can't think of any other GA airfields nearby actually - anyone care to enlighten me?

Cheers

BroomstickPilot
28th Oct 2006, 07:59
Mister Geezer,

I'm pretty certain there is one (or more) flying training establishment(s) at Manchester Ringway because an acquaintance of mine trained there a few years ago.

However, if you are unable to find anywhere at Ringway, then there are definitely two places at Liverpool John Lennon (Ravenair and Cheshire Flying Club) and the road links from Manchester to LJL are very good.

Broomstick.

ajcp
28th Oct 2006, 13:33
Manchster school of flying (MSF) is based at Ringway.

horsebox
28th Oct 2006, 18:02
Hi,

MSF - based at manchester. From what I hear locally they are short of instructors, give them a call.

Barton - Ravenair and Lancs aero club - LAC future a bit uncertain at present.

Liverpool - Ravenair and others, probably some openings there.

Cheers

Mister Geezer
28th Oct 2006, 18:35
Cheers

I forgot that LPL was just 'down the road' so that might open up some extra options!

Thanks for the info!

hotcloud
30th Oct 2006, 21:23
I am an FI at Barton, and fly for the Lancashire Aero Club. It is a very friendly place, and they say if you can fly from Barton you can fly anywhere. With the small grass runways, obstacles, bumpy surface and busy RT you won't die of boredom, you will however become highly tuned to accurate flying. Get that touch down speed a little too fast or land deep, you will soon be modifying the airfield hedge boundary. It is a shame though that the future is uncertain at Barton, just hope that we weather the storm. If you come down, look forward to seeing you, it's a great place to work.