PDA

View Full Version : Multi Instructor Qs

Crosswind Limits
26th Oct 2006, 09:13
Hi

I'd be grateful for some information. The guy I fly for has just bought a DA42 and has asked me to become his instructor on it so he can do his multi IR. Now I've been out of the instructing loop for a few months and feel rusty so here are a couple of questions:

1. I seem to recall the min hours requirement being 70 hours multi of which 30 hours must be PIC - does that sound right? I am unrestricted with over 800 hours instruction and an IMC instructor ticket.

2. Does anyone know of multi instructor training on a DA42 in the London area or close by?

Thanks!

Whopity
26th Oct 2006, 10:55
Multi instruction for the aircraft class rating and the IR must be conducted by an approved FTO. You cannot do it as an individual instructor. He should be able to use his own aircraft. Stapleford use the DA42.

Now what is the question relating too, the student or the instructor?
The Multi Instructor course cannot be conducted on a DA42, it most be done on a 6 lever twin! You need 30 hours PIC on ME aeroplanes in order to do it.

The candidate needs 70 hours PIC before he can take a MEP Class rating Skill Test. He will need 50 hours navigation before he can do the IR and will need to have passed the IR exams.

If you want to train him for an IMC rating which you can do as a FI once he has a ME Class rating, then you will need a ME Instructor rating and familiarisation training on the DA42.