PDA

View Full Version : Immigration to Canada (subject to means)

er340790
25th Oct 2006, 00:55
For all those pilots asking how to immigrate to Canada, there is now a straight-forward way to gain immediate Permanent Residency status. Straight forward as long as the applicant has net worth of $800k and is prepared to give the Canadian Govt $400k without interest for 5 years. I didn't believe it either but the HSBC criteria are given below:

At say 3.5% lost interest, this equates to $15k p.a. or $75k total.

Strikes me that the Govt is being even more of a whore than usual - what they are in effect saying is 'anyone can just bung us $75k and they're in for good!' Are there no depths they will not sink to?

Must deposit C$400,000 for 5 years with the Canadian Government, at 0% interest

pezetaroi
25th Oct 2006, 06:29
And before you start "counting" your savings check this out...
http://www.notcanada.com/

6000PIC
25th Oct 2006, 06:57
It`s nice to hear heartwarming stories of immigrants coming to Canada , taking advantage of the free education , not contributing to society and then LEAVING ! And I always thought it was the cold that kept these bad people away.

l_reason
25th Oct 2006, 13:47
If you don’t like Canada stay where you are. Besides its getting crowded here now, we only have 3.2 square kilometres of area for each and every person. :rolleyes:

FlyinLow
26th Oct 2006, 00:51
Aren't we in a huge shortage of doctors, I think the country should make it easier on foreign doctors to work in Canada (series of examinations without a wait and then should be given resident position).

FlyinLow
26th Oct 2006, 00:59
Watching the W-five report, an IIT PhD graduate not able to find work here is appalling. That is a great talent being lost to the US.

dartagnan
26th Oct 2006, 07:17
it s all about money...and not people...

i

Constellation
26th Oct 2006, 08:20
It`s nice to hear heartwarming stories of immigrants coming to Canada , taking advantage of the free education , not contributing to society and then LEAVING ! And I always thought it was the cold that kept these bad people away.

Please if don't have anything nice to say, just keep it to yourself. Show some respect!:=

doo
26th Oct 2006, 14:43

Connie---------- but its true!!!!!!!!!

My daughter Canadian born and bred, dragged away from Canada as a child by heartless parents both of whom Canadian born and bred. Decided with her immigrant husband and foreign born children to move back home. Arrived with no help from government and denied the handouts given to other immigrants due her Canadian citizenship (despite tha fact she was a child when she left and had not yet paid Canadian tax). 3 doors from her home was a family from East Europe on their 2nd jaunt to Canada preparing to leave as the 2nd 5yr tax free (that is Canadian Taxpayer funded holiday ) was about to end.

"Please if don't have anything nice to say, just keep it to yourself. Show some respect!"

Sometimes you just have to tell it as it is, and the truth hurts.:ouch:

saudipc-9
27th Oct 2006, 02:10
Don't worry 6000PIC I completely agree with you. The website says it all. I thought that the best reason was the weather. I guess there was not much literature on Canada where he must have first lived as it seems to have come as a bit of a surprize to him!
Well Bye Bye then and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!!

Panama Jack
27th Oct 2006, 04:45
Strikes me that the Govt is being even more of a whore than usual - what they are in effect saying is 'anyone can just bung us $75k and they're in for good!' Are there no depths they will not sink to?

And live and work an one of the most highly taxed societies and, if engaged in aviation, for lackluster wages where career success is at best a gamble. So who is the whore now?

By the way, where is the so called "free" education Constellation? I thought anybody existing in Canada pays for it through one form of taxes or another (God knows, there are so many). Having said that, it is inferior education-- I am glad my middle-class parents made the grave financial sacrifice and sent me to a private school because of the concern of the quality of public education.

saudipc-9
28th Oct 2006, 22:00
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Taxes/P148855.asp

If you take a look we are not that bad off. Plenty of other countries getting taxed way over what we pay in Canada.

Of this link where we come 20th

http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph/tax_tot_tax_wed_sin_wor-total-tax-wedge-single-worker&nofb=1