PDA

View Full Version : Caernnarfon Airport Cafe

qdmaviation
24th Oct 2006, 15:46
As the operator I have good news. The cafe has been taken over by a lovely gentleman. The food is lovely and presented in a nice way. All the favourites are on like bacon sandwiches and also a specials board.

I would welcome anyone down to try it. Let me know what you think

Enjoy

Sam

camlobe
24th Oct 2006, 18:03
It is with the greatest pleasure that I can say it is now a delightful experience eating in the cafe at EGCK. :p
The gentleman who has taken over is an experienced chef. He has the ability to make food the way I like it. Nicely presented. Tastes good. Plenty of it. Not overpriced. Clean. No long delays etc, etc.:D

Once again a happy eater :ok:

camlobe

crap pilot
24th Oct 2006, 18:41
I was there last week and can confirm that it is very good. I had the heart attack on a plate known as the Dakota breakfast(or somthing along those lines). Best value for money breakfast ive ever seen!

maggioneato
24th Oct 2006, 19:15
I was there yesterday and had a big brekkie, very good it was too. I will be back. :ok:

GullWing
26th Oct 2006, 21:22
Hi could you please confirm whether the cafe is open to non-airside people? i.e. can i drive over and get fodder?

While hopeful I will be flying in one day, it might not be soon!
Many thanks,
GullWing :)

stickandrudderman
26th Oct 2006, 21:52
I think you'll find that all cafes at GA airfields are open to non-flyers, although here on Pprune that assumption is bound to attract statements to the opposite effect!:)

Whirlybird
27th Oct 2006, 06:19
I vaguely recall going to one airfield that had a big sign saying the cafe was for club members only....but I ate there anyway and no-one queried it. But apart from thatone exception, airfield cafes are goods place to eat; I use them regularly in preference to anywhere else when I'm on the road, if they're in convenient places - better food, prices, and ambience than motorway service stations etc. :ok:

Genghis the Engineer
27th Oct 2006, 07:26
One can imagine circumstances where such a sign is put up to avoid offence to local businesses, or planners who don't want extra traffic to the airfield...

... and then ignored by everybody.

G

BroomstickPilot
27th Oct 2006, 07:32
Quote: I think you'll find that all cafes at GA airfields are open to non-flyers,

I seem to remember hearing that this was no longer true at Barton. Apparently there you even have to be a club member to use the restaurant. Any Barton members comment?

Quote: although here on Pprune that assumption is bound to attract statements to the opposite effect!

You becha!

Broomstick.

OPSQUEEN
27th Oct 2006, 07:34
I'm in Caernarfon this weekend - will certainly give it a try.

:ok:

crap pilot
27th Oct 2006, 08:39
This is no longer the case at Barton. I only know of this happening once or twice but it certainly wont happen again.

Whirlybird
27th Oct 2006, 09:04
Barton - that was the one. But I went in there anyway - after all, I'm only a helicopter pilot, I can't read as well, can I. ;) But there was no problem at all. Anyway, nice to know they've removed the sign.

Small Rodent Driver
27th Oct 2006, 09:22
Barton - that was the one. But I went in there anyway - after all, I'm only a helicopter pilot, I can't read as well, can I. ;) But there was no problem at all. Anyway, nice to know they've removed the sign.

Never found it to be a problem at Barton. During the transition period when Peel became involved, I think that some of the staff were themselves unsure as to how they should enforce what is after all a licensing rule imposed by the local authority.

All appears to now be resolved. I believe that they are even letting Scousers in these days:)