PDA

View Full Version : Aea Algeria and N.A.C part company

bathtub200
21st Oct 2006, 13:42
Got a message via the net that Aea and N.A.C have parted company due to contract negotiations breakdown

Comfortably Numb 727
21st Oct 2006, 16:19
Well that could be a good thing for NAC. Sorry if any guys are looking for work because of this. I was there just after NAC started in Algeria with the 1900's. The Algerian connection has always been a bit strange. Had a few friends staying on after the algerians started taking over and they had {apparently} big issues with payment etc. Good luck to NAC Contracts in the future.:ok:

CN

algdz
28th Oct 2006, 13:20
hi guys , i m new in the forum , just want to know if there s algerians crew working for Air Express Algeria , and if there s a chance to work for them , i ve got a cpl/ir total flight time 260 hours ,live in algiers now.
thanx

bathtub200
4th Nov 2006, 04:50
It's now official, N.A.C and A.E.A have parted company and the last a/c will leave Feb 2007.
It,s also comfirmed that Solenta are going to be the new A.E.A partners

south coast
4th Nov 2006, 11:04
Out with the clowns, and in with some new ones.

putt for dough
4th Nov 2006, 13:08
Solenta sure are growing! To think in
2000 they only had a few vans. :D

Balloothebear
6th Nov 2006, 09:19
Funny how the little man in charge always looks south for help,and never goes north of the Mediteranian for ACMI?:confused:
Sad day for Solenta if they have been wooed by his words, yet another South Arican company gets itself greased up and bends itself over the barrel,ready for a shafting.:ugh:
Wake up guys,Rossair couldnt make it,NAC couldnt make it....do yourselves a favour and walk away.....before the sand,the flies,the oil companies....and non payment issues get you:=

south coast
6th Nov 2006, 09:29
Such wise words Balloo, are you sure you are not Bughera?

contraxdog
6th Nov 2006, 18:57
I cannot believe it. Yet again. I need that secondhand camel salesman to negotiate my supply contracts on my behalf!. Is he good or are South African Companies just stupid!
Well, after Solenta there is a couple more...... hope they think they know what they are getting into. Hope Solenta knows that the oil companies insist on 5 week tours......

verreaux eagle
18th Nov 2006, 06:06
What is happening regarding the Solenta takeover?:confused: Is it happening? if so are they taking over the full contract, or only a few aircraft?
The NAC withdrawal is a fact! What happens to the crew working for NAC in Algeria? Will AEA be running the show and would history repeat itself? I hope someone can throw some light on the subject, just curious why this thread has gone so quiet!

bathtub200
18th Nov 2006, 10:57
There facts and rumors at the moment.
Facts: N.A.C are pulling out and the last a/c to leave will end Feb 2007
N.A.C crew have not been officialy informed regarding jobs after the Algeria pullout.
Rumors:
Solenta have not signed a contract yet.
Solenta do not have the crew with the right requirements for the BP contract, which means that the south american crew will have to fly the Solenta a/c in the meantime .
A.V has resigned from AEA and his shares are up for sale.
The secondhand camel salesman also wants out of AEA.
Solenta are going to supply 3 a/c only.

Speevy
18th Nov 2006, 14:33
when you are saying the south american crew, are you talking about the Big Cose?
Good luck for all the good guys involved..
Speevy

verreaux eagle
19th Nov 2006, 04:48
Thanks bathtub 200. I have a few friends involved and were curious on what was happening. If AV do resign, it would be the END! He has been the stabilising factor in AEA as I can gather. What is happening regarding AD? Is she still involved, or is it too soon for the "stone to start rolling"? Any news regarding Airtech and their involvement? Any news regarding would be welcome. Good luck to all the crew involved, I sincerely hope they do not get burned! They are the people that made this contract WORK!:ok:

Patches O'Houlihan
19th Nov 2006, 09:51
last i heard, AEA have gone to solenta for the 3 bp a/c only. supposedly, solenta can't supply any more. as all the south american captains are now in management positions, they will continue to fly the bp a/c. not sure whats to happen with the fo's. any news?

as for the other a/c, a little desert-birdie mentioned words like metroliner, jetstream and dash8, as well as the possibility of contracts going to competeing algerian companies.:oh:

the beginning of the end? start dodging boys...

bathtub200
19th Nov 2006, 14:54
V.E
thanx for bringing the subject up regarding A.D.Realiable sources have informed me that one of the reasons why A.V wants out is simply because he feels that A.D. is trying to work him out.Now ,A.V. has been around the block a few times and I'm sure he has the experience to sense what she's trying to achieve.
The N.A.C. pullout will not affect AIRTECH I believe .
As it was mentioned before on this thread, Solenta better do their homework properly otherwise they will suffer the same consequences as N.A.C did ie. not getting paid and being owed thousands of dollars.

contraxdog
21st Nov 2006, 11:27
Rumours:
AV doesnt want to sell. He wants to buy the now very decomposed R.A shares.
AV doesnt feel theatened by AD, he is Maint. she is OPS.
AV has not resigned yet., and he doesnt have any plans to.
2nd HCS does not want out.
There are more rolling stones in the cockpits than in the offices.
Like all operators they are always looking at equipment to make their service more competitive and more productive.
NAC feels they can do better somewhere else. Rumour is they can
AEA feels they can get better service somewhere else. Rumour is they can.
NAC crews have seen the writing on the wall longer than they care to admit.
The clients are very picky regarding the operators, and pilots. Rumour has they have the final say.

Fact:
The king is dead! Long live the king!
Change is a fact of life, without change there is only death.
The only thing that normally changes during a palace revolution is the people at the top.
Pilots are indians not chiefs.
"reliable sources" never post but get someone to post on their behalf.

Zoltan
24th Nov 2006, 11:07
AD was the best thing ever to happen to AEA, she looks after the crew and tries to make life bearable in an unbearable place (sure those who have spent some time there would agree) 1 of NAC's worst moves (among too many to mention) was letting her go in the first place.

Luckily I departed before the influx of the people from across the ocean, but I can mention that those who were there were not to highly regarded by others, and dare I say, just helped AEA down the drain, forcing good people to leave rather than endure more punishment in the forgotten world. And now they are in management positions....woe is the day :sad: Lots can be said about the local influx, but thats a story for someone else to tell...nothing wrong with the people (locals that is) just that they have different ideas and training regarding flying than we here in South Africa enjoy, which makes for an unsavoury environment in the cockpit.

All the great people I had the pleasure working with have luckily moved on to greaner pastures, which thank the Good Lord, does not include NAC, but thats a whole different story..

Personally I dont think ANY South Africans should EVER be forced to endure that place EVER again, give it to the Venezuelans and the locals, keeps them out of our country and seats where its worth wile going, and theres LOTS of other places, one million times better.

Solenta PLEASE talk to some who have been made to suffer in that Hell, not only will you not get paid, but youll forever have a problem with crew, anyone with R10 in their pocket and a 172 rating will rather fly in the circuit at Lanseria than a 1900 in Algeria !

south coast
25th Nov 2006, 16:17
The operation in Hassi is not going to be saved by AD.

Two operators have tried and failed, why, because the Algerian operation and management are not properly trained nor capable of running a business offering a service to large multi-national companies.

The South African operators must also take some blame, as all they were interested in was making huge profits for their directors and aircraft owners immediately instead of working to set up infastructure and training the Algerians.

However, it is evident that AEA cannot operate without SA'n input, ie. hardware and maintenance, but because of how things work in Algeria, and because of the geography (distance from SA) it is likely that Solenta will just experience all the same problems Rossair and NAC did.

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys, and that applies to the crews, the management, the caterers, the accomodation, everything.

The really sad thing about the situation is that AEA are not being paid peanuts by the likes of BP, Sonahess, Total, BHP and any other contracts they have.

If like Rossair and NAC claimed they were always paid late and short, one has to ask the question, where is the money going?

AEA has been operating for a few years now, and considering the money it has made over that period of time, the company and the operation has not advanced at all. It is operating under the template left by Rossair and NAC, soon Solenta can add their name to that list.

My advice, have nothing to do with the place, and if you must, get your hours and get out of there.

Beechdrivr
26th Nov 2006, 10:00
I must admit that i agree with southcoast on that one. It will never change over there. Sadly it's going to be the same story for Solenta as well.

Zoltan, i heard that the big venezuelan captain misses you terribly and that you were the best crew member he had ever flown with... apparently he taught you many things! Come now, surely a small bit of you misses that as well!!:} :} :E

Anyways, i think there are a few people in that organisation getting mighty rich from the good money the oil companies pay! A pity that it isn't redirected into the comapny and made a better place for all!!! ...mmmm pipe dreams i'm afraid. All i know is that Hassi will never see me again, still have nightmares about my time there!!!

My 2 cents, safe flying :ok:
Bd

bathtub200
26th Nov 2006, 15:33
S.C agree fully with your oppening statement, in actual fact a little empire is being built by A.D with the south americans which I predict,in time , will explode .The Algerians pilots are, at this moment, not very happy with the manner in which the south americans are being bundled into positions.
Contraxdog
Do you have an answer to the rumor that A.V is looking to Medavia for the supply of 1900's?

contraxdog
27th Nov 2006, 00:29
The rumor is:
Bathtub you got the cat by the tail.
You sound like the only one with an ax for grinding.
The Algerians have never been a happy bunch of trolls, especially if it sounds like work.
About Medavia...dont know....(it will make logistical, operational, and financial sense if you think about it. Leasing and subleasing is a wonderful tool. Just ask Airserve and Naturelink. Especially if you add the words "....with the option to buy...") They might just all be kept on the SA reg.

Damager
25th Dec 2006, 10:00
Merry Christmas to all of you! Especially those still in Hassi…

I have just one thing to say, half of Rossair now works for Solenta, they were there before NAC pulled in, those were the good old days when the wine flowed freely at Multicatering!

You all know whom I’m talking about! So catch a wake-up and dump AEA now!

How many crewmembers have been burnt there!

And as for AD, she likes to build her own little empire or spy ring, by doing this she will only end up without a job soon enough once AV has his way!

Salamalikom, malikomsalam, green leader!!!

Merry Christmas

;)

verreaux eagle
5th Jan 2007, 09:07
Just curious what is happening in Hassi!:confused: Anyone have any more news? The last I heard was that the smoke about AD was coming from a real fire and not a rumour! Is NAC pulling out and is Solenta pulling in? What is happening to the pilots?

Jaboet
5th Jan 2007, 11:21
Nobody knows for sure yet, just take another sip of stella and repeat my name.......:)

starvingpilot
5th Jan 2007, 12:54
What is happening to the pilots?

Ahem, this is a pilots forum. We would be the last to know. bbaaaa.

Damager: fyi (only)?

Slave to Love
5th Jan 2007, 16:00
Dear Ladies...

Been there, done that...rumour has this to say...

NAC still has interests up there and Solenta want in...hey even ET were thinking about it with their old Rossair Connections (Pilots)...

Having had some experience in the Arab World for a few years, the Algerians are great people, however the greed that comes with AEA has compounded a problem for so long that it has manifested into a typical way of doing SA aviation!

Lets just screw everybody that we can! THe Algerians learnt from the SA operators how to screw SA guys and the SA companies learned from the Algerians how to screw u the local algerian way.....compounding the problem.....

Funny thing is some operators want to get in on more of the action...great!! Some are more thick skinned than others because its all about money...thats if u can get it out of AEA!

So, GO up there making sure, u are paid in US upfront and all will be ok! Simple economics.

I loved Algeria, but I got out at the right time cause I was being shafted by both operators at the time...a double wammy!!!:ouch: :ouch:

The wheel is turning folkes where u as crew need to decide the following; Do u fly for what? desperation for experience, desperation for money?..cause it sounds like both....or just simple living life so the operators dont screw you!!!

Algeria is a mess so dont go where u are asking for KAK! Simple...

Ciao

""Slaving away"

bathtub200
7th Jan 2007, 14:28
Solenta will be in Algeria with 3 or 4 1900's sometime during February.They will serve the B.P contract.It sounds like AEA are going to recruit crew from N.A.C but it remains to be seen if any will join.

fly2fly
22nd Jan 2007, 14:43
Hi all,

I really need some information about AEA in order to make the GO/NOGO decision.
If one of you guys can please take 10mn of his time and give me some helpful answers.

-Any information about AIRTECH and their LET410?
-For how long are they operate there?
-How is the management?
-What is the roster like? Number of hours per month?
-Pay scale? Per diem?
-Typical Conditions? Food/Accomodation? Transportation?
-Life in Hassi??

ANY advice, piece of information, story is MORE THAN WELCOME!!

I thank you all guys.
Wouldn't be able to make my opinion without your help.
Please feel free to contact me by mp as well.

south coast
22nd Jan 2007, 15:00
I see you are in Paris, so I am guessing you live there...

In my opinion, one would find it very difficult to live in Europe on the salaries they pay there, and that is if you even get paid at all.

My advice is, dont go, especially have nothing to do with Airtech and the Let's.

The people who run that are spawn of the devil, and I know of a few who sold their souls to them...not good.

fly2fly
22nd Jan 2007, 15:07
I don't live there presently, I'm in Africa now, flying the LET for another operator.
But 6 days on duty a week, pay is ****y and 1 month OFF/year...
Was trying to find some better conditions for myself. I'm not afraid of hard work as long as you get paid for it.
Thanks a lot anyway.
Can you please tell me some more, providing some more details??
I'd really appreciate.

Skykreeper
23rd Jan 2007, 17:11
Dearest south coast
I have met you once in Algeria and I believe you left shortly after that which to my calculations is about 2 years ago.
Now to the best of my knowledge a lot can change,especially in the aviation industry, in 2 years time.And believe me alot has changed in Algeria and most of it for the better.
Even more has changed for Air-Tec.So I would suggest you leave the people that knows whats going on to give information to people who seek it.It might just be THE ideal place or the opertunity that,that person is looking for.
fly2fly Air-Tec has been in Algeria for the last 3 years and have operated in many other African countries.Mangement is sound.Roster generally is planned to work out at 42days on task and 38days at home.Depending on the contract you will be placed you should fly about 60hrs a month.Salary will be what you negotiate and I havent heard anyone from Air-Tec not getting paid.Accomodation and food is generally good and Hassi is right in the middle of the desert.Transport is provided by the company.
I am not gonna tell you take the job but I must say I have been working for Air-Tec for two years and through them I have been able to achieve my goal in flying.
I dont have anymore to say but to wish you luck with your descision.

south coast
23rd Jan 2007, 17:54
just pm'd you skykreeper

south coast
24th Jan 2007, 08:38
You can ignore what Skykreeper has said.

He pm'd me saying he had met me once and therefore knew who I was.

Since I dont include in initial conversation what my Pprune username is, he has obviously made an effort to find out who I am.

I pm'd him back asking, since who he knew who I was, could he tell me who he is.

He refuses to put his name to his statements, and I dont mean in the public forum, but in a private pm.

So therefore in conclusion, I would disregard all he says about AEA and Hassi.

Skykreeper
24th Jan 2007, 08:48
Say what you like south coast I couldnt bother me.I know what I know and if people believe what I say or not,really I dont care.

But just to let you know I didnt have to make any effort to find out who you are, I have actually known for a long time.

And thanks for reminding me as to why its not worth it to post anything to anyone.

south coast
24th Jan 2007, 08:51
You obviously dont like to be on an equally footing.

See-Bee
24th Jan 2007, 15:05
Hi South Coast!

Do not get Hot around the collar, not worth It!
I think we(who has been there and know:cool: ) all what and how things are in the Sandpit!:yuk:

The Better lot of us, have moved on to much greener grass:ok: .

So, in all :zzz: you just getting worked up over a "sLET":yuk: driver:ugh: .

South Coast, all the best for 2007 and hope to see you soon in SA!:ok:

Speevy
24th Jan 2007, 15:52
fly2fly

Which operator you are flying for?

I had my experience with Airtech as well...

I would say in Africa they are not the worse but donot expect to have a social life in Hassi or Teg or any other stations (that was one of reason I left).

It al depends of your personal expectations...

If you want more private details feel free to pm me..

P.S. Hi SC how you doing? I hope you are allright..

fly2fly
24th Jan 2007, 18:57
Thanks everyone for your replies.

Speevy, empty a little bit your pm box.
I would like to send you a message.
Thanx.

SLetsfly
26th Jan 2007, 06:20
Hi F2F
I sent you a PM? Please PM me and I can you the exact info you require.

nomoneynowek
26th Jan 2007, 17:24
You guys seem to be forgetting that Solenta has already operated in Algeria for Tassilli.... 2002-2003..... Seems like lessons learnt then have been quickly forgotten.
That was a cluster second to none. If you think the BP contracts sucked, speak to anyone who spent 6 weeks in In Amenas or Rhourdenous for Sonatrac. 2 french tv channels, miserable food, and those 2 punks constanly trying to call their boyfriends cutting off the internet connection!
Aaaah, the good old days.................:ugh:

algdz
31st Jan 2007, 18:21
hi folks
I m Algerian guy with cpl/ir 260 hours (50 ME) , and i applied for AEA , but they told me , that they hiring guys with more then 500 hours , want to khow more about this company.
thanx all

joechill1888
8th Feb 2007, 18:29
sorry to interlop on your discussion folks, looking for a bit of help if possible.
Can anyone tell me how to get a hold of the co-ordinates for the airstrip at the Ourhoud CPF. I used to work there flying in from HME and am trying to place it on a map, would have been easier I know if I had thought about it at the time.
Any assistance very much appreciated.

regards
joe

chopperkie
8th Feb 2007, 18:59
Hi Joechill,

Your lucky day.The Ourhoud crew stumbled onto your post.
Here you go old chap:

N 30 40.330
E 008 03.786

Keep well

Chuck and Stan

joechill1888
10th Feb 2007, 15:13
magic!

thanks you very much guys.

joe

Nickerbal
16th May 2007, 06:32
Rossair, NAC now Solenta .... Uhmmm well with CB who has mastered the art of driving a Truck through a hairline crack I can see many problems. Funny thing that BP keeps on supporting AEA and remembered a meeting well where BP told AEA in no uncertain terms that they should stop lying.

What is the update on:

AV, still around?
AD, still doing the Ops?
HS, still flying?
The Lets?

It was a great "hour building" place, long runs, but good people, when RL left NAC it was the beginning of the end.

Good luck Solenta, just suggest you all fly up and make sure you actually get paid otherwise the hangar doors that are still probably off will come "off" for you guys.

Glad that all the 1900 owners made a fortune out of there assets though! At least a large pool of 1900's will be floating around now!

Damager
31st May 2007, 13:49
Months have gone by and I'm wondering what's the latest gossip from Hassi!

Anyone been fired yet? Has BP had a vision and have now cum to their senses regarding AEA?

AV - AD????

Malikom Salam :ok:

verreaux eagle
1st Jun 2007, 05:18
Yes! What is the latest?
How did the Solenta solution pan out? It was hinted that Solenta would solve all the problems! Did it happen? Is there ANY pilots left in Hassi? Please do not keep us in the dark!!!! Is the honeymoon over and is CB showing his true colours yet? Is the Lets still there or is the heat taking its toll on performance? It might just be that NAC is the "winners" in this saga!

sky waiter
1st Jun 2007, 09:39
Lets still here, mamanging fine!! (thats why we have water injection)

Solenta is also here not much has changed, same sh1t different day, only thing thats different is the "gees"- there is none!!!

bathtub200
1st Jun 2007, 17:08
Where in the world are you nickerbal? are you at Honeydew Ridge perhaps?
AD,AV and the rest are very much on the scene and HS is flying a silly hawker 800/850 up in Lagos.
Good times in Algeria while it lasted.
Sky waiter
Lets hope that the camel jockeys keep supplying the good water , otherwise it will be all the Lets grounded saga all over again.

Jaboet
4th Jun 2007, 15:50
What happened to the rest of the guys there? The cadets, venezuelans, the gophers??? I hear some engineers have moved to Zimex?