PDA

View Full Version : Jazz to A/C

atrflyguy
20th Oct 2006, 17:03
I was having a debate today with a friend. Is it true that when working for Jazz that you have a guarantied interview with A/C if you want it? I find it hard to believe that would be true.

KingAir
20th Oct 2006, 20:10
It's true! This privilege is extended to us as a result of LOU 18. The company will send out a memo and those who apply will be placed on the AC call list. AC calls those on the list according to their Jazz seniority.

atrflyguy
21st Oct 2006, 18:06
So curiosity killed the cat here. Is the job yours unless you #$%^ up the interview?
What is the percentage of people who actually get the job?
How long a wait are people looking at? Assuming A/C is still in need of bodies.

Flyer 1492
22nd Oct 2006, 01:30
atrflyguy,

To answer your questions, no the job is not yours, you have to go thru all the normal hoops, if they like you, you are offered a job.

I think the percentage is sitting around the 20% that make it thru.

It is in order of seniorty, when they reach the bottom number, they start at the top again. You could be waiting for up to a year.

atrflyguy
22nd Oct 2006, 16:52
Ok thanks. So lets say you get turned down, do you get another chance when your number comes back around?

Also, I hear rumour that Jazz is up for sale. If someone else buys it what do you figure will happen to the LOU 18?

Flyer 1492
22nd Oct 2006, 17:23
Since everyone off the street is able to reapply after six months, I don't see why you couldn't do it at Jazz. There has been a rumour that ACE will sell more of it's stake in Jazz. Just have to wait and see if it comes true.