PDA

View Full Version : SEP Revalidation skills test, is it full?

The Wathp
14th Oct 2006, 15:57
Hiya,

Just a quick question with regards to Revalidating my SEP rating for JAR PPL(A) that expired in feb 04. Apparently all that is required to get me back flying on my PPL is a Skills test. Can anyone tell if me if the test is a full one or are some things missed out.

Reason I ask is that i've been flying in the Military for the last two years and rotary for the last year, so would like to know where the two may differ with regards to a skills test.

Finally I beleive an EFT FHT is valid as a skills test for 24 months, could I count this as a SEP revalidation, did mine in nov 04.

Thanks for any help.
TW

BEagle
14th Oct 2006, 16:06
Just a quick question with regards to Revalidating my SEP rating for JAR PPL(A) that expired in feb 04. Apparently all that is required to get me back flying on my PPL is a Skills test. Can anyone tell if me if the test is a full one or are some things missed out.

You need a SEP Class Rating Renewal Licensing Skill Test, not a PPL(A) Skill Test.

Reason I ask is that i've been flying in the Military for the last two years and rotary for the last year, so would like to know where the two may differ with regards to a skills test.

The Renewal LST requires a short navigation section at the FE's discretion, some stalling, steep turns, off-aerodrome PFL, normal and flapless circuits, EFATO and low go-around.

Finally I beleive an EFT FHT is valid as a skills test for 24 months, could I count this as a SEP revalidation, did mine in nov 04

No. The EFT FHT suffices for an initial PPL(A) Skill Test only. Once you have your licence, you must revalidate it or renew it (if the rating lapses) in the same manner as is required of any other licence holder.

Also check the expiry date of the licence itself - it it is a JAR-FCL PPL(A), it needs to be re-issued after 5 years. You will need to send it off to the CAA, together with a valid Class 2 medical certificate. If you don't have a valid SEP Class Rating at the time, the renewal LST form will suffice but you will also need to send the licence re-issue form to the CAA.

The Wathp
14th Oct 2006, 17:11
Beagle,

Got it, renewal LST.

Funny you should mention expiry, that was going to be my next question! My licence expires Feb 07. Hence my plan was renew medical, renew SEP Class Rating and get it signed off, then send off the form to renew the licence itself. Sound plan?

Many thanks

BEagle
15th Oct 2006, 07:26
Sound plan? Yes!