PDA

View Full Version : What's going on over my house?

Humaround
13th Oct 2006, 10:32
About 10 miles north of Gloucester EGBJ, right now, 11.30 local, sounds like two largeish piston engines doing aerobatics above the claggy stratus - lots of zooming. Might be a twin but sounds like 2 aircraft, warbirds or something. Very frustrating not being able to see them!

gcolyer
13th Oct 2006, 10:57
I live just past Brent Knowl (A large lump of dirt in the mendips) Most nights i either get the pleasure of a huge noisey military helicopter at a low level or a damn loud fighter steaking directly over my roof at very low level.

whats that all about?

Humaround
13th Oct 2006, 11:06
Oh yeah, we get jets at 300', Hercules in 3's at 300', Chinooks, you name it - on their way to Wales. They must be having a great time at our expense.

Today's is very different, sounded very interesting, I just hoped someone might know something....

robdesbois
13th Oct 2006, 12:36
I'm 10m west of EGBJ and have heard nothing, damn these indoor offices! Popped my head out but couldn't hear anything :(
Do you fly out of Gloucester?

matspart3
13th Oct 2006, 17:43
There were 2 contacts milling about quite energetically 10 west of Gloucester at around 1150, right in the middle of an SRA to 09. A quick check with Brize confirmed they were 'Lyneham inbounds'. Given the speed and turn radius, my guess would be Tucanos. There is also a big exercise on at Fairford with lots of heavy metal and fighters involved at the moment...it's keeping my radar trainee on his toes!!

Humaround
14th Oct 2006, 10:12
Tucanos eh? Sounded like they were having fun...

I fly out of Croft Farm, Defford.

all the best