PDA

View Full Version : Serco M.E ?

clr4takeoff
11th Oct 2006, 21:37
Could anyone tell me how it is to work in the gulf.
I often see adds from serco posted in flightglobal.
Is there any canadian working over there ?
What about Sharja twr ? And the ACC ? I think it's dubai ACC...
What is the average wage ? Is there any overtime ? how long is the course and what about the check out rate. What combination of age and experience is Serco looking for ?
Are there any expats familly with wife and kids ? Any chance for a lady to find a work or are they confined in an expat ghetto ?
Lots of question, hope someone will take the time to answer :ok:
I can give you some cues on the working condition in Canada :oh: ...
Thanks anyway !

Dr. Evil
12th Oct 2006, 14:52
sorry to disappoint you but there has been so much about ME here and the Middle East section that I suggest you make a search around different threads :\

Dct no speed
12th Oct 2006, 15:39
Could anyone tell me how it is to work in the gulf.
It is not bad working here. There are some frustrations and some politics, but I guess you find those everywhere
I often see adds from serco posted in flightglobal.
Is there any canadian working over there ?
There are few Canadians working at Dubai App and they seem happy.
What about Sharja twr ? Believe me you don't want to go there!And the ACC ? I think it's dubai ACC... ACC is in Abu Dhabi
What is the average wage ?Depends where you work. Different contracts at Abu Dhabi ACC, Abu Dhabi APP, Dubai APP and Sharjah TWR Is there any overtime ?Not like you have in Canada how long is the course (+/-6 weeks for Dubai, don't know about the rest)and what about the check out rate. What combination of age and experience is Serco looking for ?Minimum 5 years
Are there any expats familly with wife and kids ?Lots. It is a great place for families.Any chance for a lady to find a work or are they confined in an expat ghetto There is work here for woman it all depends what line of work she is in.

AirNoServicesAustralia
12th Oct 2006, 21:47
In addition to what direct no speed said, it takes usually a little over 3 months of training on the job to check out in the ACC in Abu Dhabi. There have been a number of expat controllers who have not made it here, usually due to a lack of sequencing skills as that is a huge part of the job in area control here with about 80% of our traffic landing or departing from within the UAE. Most though get through. As Dr Evil said there are heaps of threads on this so do a search.

clr4takeoff
12th Oct 2006, 23:22
Thank you ! It seems interresting ...
I will now post another thread about Sharja TWR...:ugh:

burjalrumaithy
13th Oct 2006, 23:00
There have been a number of expat controllers who have not made it here, usually due to a lack of sequencing skills as that is a huge part of the job in area control here with about 80% of our traffic landing or departing from within the UAE. .
Alot of Area Rated Only controllers struggle with the training.
So, do you think , that the ''YANK'' should have been given a second chance also taking into account that a few validated and experienced UAE ACC controllers have had numerous incidents and are still employed?
Should Sucko also specify in their advertisements in flight global that sequencing skills are essential in addition to having a valid Area Radar Rating?
Maybe it would help to weed out the ''SAUSAGE FACTORY WORKERS''.