PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet NMC Officer

princesssariah
10th Oct 2006, 17:01
Hello everyone,
I've applied for the NMC officer job at Easyjet thru aviation jobsearch, just wondered if anyone could tell me what salaries are like for this role?
Many Thanks
x

BIG E
12th Oct 2006, 13:34
Hi

Salaries are graded subject to experience,i would say salaries are above industry standard,there is also a bonus scheme which could equate upto 20% of annual salary depending on company and personal performance. The ability to lap dance is also highly favourable!

paperpusher
12th Oct 2006, 15:51
Big E is partly correct but I must correct his last statement, as he obviously hasn't been in OPS for sometime?
They took our poles away:{
and has he seen some of the ops guys recently?????????? and in a thong?
XX PP

BIG E
13th Oct 2006, 12:25
Now there's a vision i could do without!

monkey lover
13th Oct 2006, 20:23
Paperpusher...maybe they plan to put new shiney poles in the office when they move to the big orange shed :confused:

princesssariah
14th Oct 2006, 10:23
Thanks BIG E, sounds interesting! Any more info about Easyjet Ops and the set up in general would be much appreciated, what's the shift pattern like? How many people do you have working there? How is the NMC structured etc etc
Although the lap dancing does put me off a little i'd still like to hear more!!:)

747-436
15th Oct 2006, 15:02
Don't let that put you off!!!!

bacardi walla
15th Oct 2006, 17:19
pole dancing in easyland........you ain't seen me......roight

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/andy757/seenme2.jpghttp://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/andy757/05Pole-dancer.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/andy757/pcangry.gif

paperpusher
15th Oct 2006, 19:52
Princesssariah, the NMC(ops) is split up into 3 fleet desks, A319 UK, A319 CONTINENTAL/SWISS and B737 also there are 2 ATC/Flt planning desks, 1 DM. Also in the same area is day to day crewing, MOC, Preplanning and an assortment of engineering type bods.
shifts are 12 hour 4 on 5 off 5 on 4 off with a float month once every 6 months. age and experiance across the range, standard Ops office P**S taking humour, moving to the big tin shed early next year. Lap/Pole dancing is no longer on the agenda:{ but of course if you were to feel the need then heyho;)
Rgds PP

jumpseater
15th Oct 2006, 21:27
Lap/Pole dancing is no longer on the agenda....

So who's job is it to check the relevant web site?:=

I'll close the door from the other side.....

BIG E
16th Oct 2006, 10:19
Jumpseater

Just a quick flick through your favourites should do it!

princesssariah
16th Oct 2006, 19:20
Thanks paperpusher.
Any idea of the closing date for the job? I imagine that there will be numerous applications.
As an Ops Controller with 2 and a half years experience, could you guess what starting salary might be offered?
Obviously i have to get an interview first, but it sounds like a good place to work - coming from an Ops Department where moral is low and we're treated like children a change is needed!!

princesssariah
17th Oct 2006, 04:23
oops, i meant to say morale is low - obviously are morals and standards are not!!!!;)

kowlaski
17th Oct 2006, 12:12
Princessariah, the closing date I think is around the 20th and I know they have had a lot of applications, however a lot of them lack experience at all and handling a fleet of that size and complex of operation you ned to know up from down, send in an application, what have you got to loose?? you don't have to take the Job even if offered, however I think you would be pleasantly suprised, its not a bad place to be and the salaries are above industry standard at the moment,

princesssariah
17th Oct 2006, 19:49
Thank you Kowlaski.

What is the roster like with regards working christmas and new year? Obviously i know that this is just one of those things but i wondered how you guys sort it out there?

kowlaski
18th Oct 2006, 06:54
christmas roster works on preferances, those who prefer christmas request it off balanced out with those who request new year, taking into consideration those who worked last year also, mostly people get what they want.

princesssariah
18th Oct 2006, 18:53
Sounds good. Thanks for all your help everyone. I await to her if i get an interview - probably not :rolleyes: !

I'll be back with more questions if so

xx

princesssariah
18th Oct 2006, 18:58
I meant - *hear if i get an interview! Really not painting myself as the most adept speller am i?!?! :p

Chopper69
21st Oct 2006, 17:38
Princessariah

Most that hold the required 2 years experience within an Ops/Dispatch environment will get an interview.

As previously stated EZY do pay an above industry standard salary and at present we are putting all staff through the FAA Dispatchers Licence course at the Sheffied School in FLL, the 6 so far all successful.
EZY Ops may not be perfect, but as an industry veteran, I can clearly state that there are one hell of a lot of places that are worse!

Chopper

bacardi walla
21st Oct 2006, 21:12
Princessariah
Anyone who holds the required 2 years experience within an Ops/Dispatch environment will get an interview.

Is that 2yrs or more or just 2yrs ??

Chopper69
22nd Oct 2006, 09:14
2 years or more

bacardi walla
22nd Oct 2006, 10:01
2 years or more

Thanks very much for the reply. I look forward to hearing from them then :ok:

FiiS
22nd Oct 2006, 18:48
Big E is partly correct but I must correct his last statement, as he obviously hasn't been in OPS for sometime?
They took our poles away:{
and has he seen some of the ops guys recently?????????? and in a thong?
XX PP

I'm guessing there's not many but I'm sure I can think of at least a couple of Ops guys who might be good at such things :p (do I mean that or is just I'd like to see what would happen?!?)

BIG E
23rd Oct 2006, 13:24
Fiis

You need help!

FiiS
23rd Oct 2006, 17:26
I know.

I'm a special child. :}

princesssariah
24th Oct 2006, 17:05
Chopper69

Thanks for the info, sounds brilliant, the prospect of the FAA dispatchers licence course sounds ideal - didn't realise there would be such an opportunity!
I will now just wait to hear, fingers crossed!!!!

From everything i've heard so far EZY ops sounds very good compared to most and i think probably a lot better, more structured and enjoyable than where i am now!

Thanks again

x

kowlaski
25th Oct 2006, 15:37
and the 2 ops managers they have there are the dogs b@@@ocks!!

Chopper69
26th Oct 2006, 22:10
Thank you Dave, make sure Karl doesn't get too slaughtered!!!!

princesssariah
27th Oct 2006, 06:56
:rolleyes: Sad to say i don't think i've got an interview with EZY - i hear they've already started interviewing and i haven't heard anything. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Thanks for all the info.

bacardi walla
27th Oct 2006, 08:47
:rolleyes: Sad to say i don't think i've got an interview with EZY - i hear they've already started interviewing and i haven't heard anything. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Thanks for all the info.

Have you got 2 years or more experience ??

Chopper69
27th Oct 2006, 10:22
princesssariah

Not all of the short list have been contacted yet!!

princesssariah
27th Oct 2006, 11:44
ooh, shall keep my fingers crossed then! :)

JB007
27th Oct 2006, 18:54
Chopper!

Hope you've got someone to stare through the windows and make you laugh during all these interviews!!!!

So, how is Kelly xxx

Chopper69
27th Oct 2006, 23:26
An amazing day and she was lovely wasn't she?? Kelly is doing just fine and at least nowadays I can open my PC without it automatically re-directing to the 'surf to sex' website!!!!

princesssariah
1st Nov 2006, 16:28
Just wondering, if i have been unsuccessful will i still receive a letter / email to tell me so? I'm thinking my chances are slim now :bored:

boredcounter
3rd Nov 2006, 11:13
Hang on in there, got my call-up by e-mail today, so the process must still be ongoing.

Good luck

Bored

Low life
3rd Nov 2006, 23:05
How's it going Bored Suprised you would want to move. Must admit missing shorthaul ops myself, almost forgotten how to use a sharp pencil for crewing
Might try and make 17th although spending the day flight watching big things on the other side of the planet.
Low Life

princesssariah
4th Nov 2006, 08:05
Yes, i've got mine too, although i expect i'm up against a lot of people! eek! :O

boredcounter
4th Nov 2006, 21:11
Hey Low, doing good thanks mate, ticking over as always, hope you and the gang are well.
From what I hear on the jungle drums, you will need that sharp pencil for Crewing soon enough!Don't be to suprised this here Southern boy wants to move on. Retirement doesn't suit us all, still a lot of work in this boy yet:)
May try and make the 17th myself, if our brothers at BD can get me back from BRU on time, may see ya there.
Princess,
You are up against one or two people only, namely the interviewers. Forget about the other tin shufflers they have seen before, your hour is your hour.
It is up to you to shine. PMA:ok:
Bored

Chopper69
4th Nov 2006, 22:27
Interview will be with 2 people, one from HR, one from Ops

boredcounter
4th Nov 2006, 22:41
'. . . and your information comes from where?? because my perception is somewhat different.'
Is that aimed at my post?
Bored

Chopper69
4th Nov 2006, 22:53
Misread what you were trying to say, see edited version! and by the way, for your interview most of the call centre will be there as well!!!

boredcounter
4th Nov 2006, 23:04
Cheers
PS, is that because the Call Centre is still just outside the door?
2nd visit in 2002 and liked what I saw. all on ice because you bought Go days after, :ugh:
Bored

Chopper69
4th Nov 2006, 23:14
The Call Centre is still outside the door and the 'Go' stuff . . . hmmmm

boredcounter
4th Nov 2006, 23:44
Here's hoping Easy can re-schedule my interview, everything goes against Bored and a job with you guys, that one I have taken up with C******

Cheers and good luck

Chopper69
4th Nov 2006, 23:47
I think a PM may be in order here!!

boredcounter
5th Nov 2006, 00:32
You got a sleepy PM with spelling mistakes to boot.

Regards
Bored

walla
8th Nov 2006, 13:05
I hear they are looking for a CDM, any truth in this nick?? I know a very experienced guy in Abu Dhabi.
LOL
Hello NMC hope all is well..
Walla:ugh: :ugh:

BONDMAN
9th Nov 2006, 13:59
Walla
Just been on phone to ALO and seems CDM position already filled
Cheers Bondy :)

kowlaski
9th Nov 2006, 16:47
never know, could be another CDM position soon, things are a-changing now the king of Essex is in charge....interviews next week, hope you get the good half of the duo for the interviews:

bartelby
9th Nov 2006, 21:12
Any idea if the CDM position is internal only?
Have not seen any adverts for it yet.
If it does come up how much experience are they looking for?

Cheers

Chopper69
10th Nov 2006, 23:05
King of Essex, wow, I never thought of it like that, mind you I did have some fantastic nights in Romford as a lad and the seaside cockneys did quite well in a football match recently!!

Chopper69
10th Nov 2006, 23:10
Kowlaski, on a serious note , what you are picking up is hearsay.

bacardi walla
10th Nov 2006, 23:19
Do we know if interviews have actually commenced for the OPS + Crewing positions and if not selected, do people get notified of this or do they get ignored. I know EZY is a busy place so maybe they don't have time to reply to all applicants. Be nice to know either way though.

Chopper69
10th Nov 2006, 23:23
I am very aware that some Companies do not respond to other than successful applicants, however EZY HR should respond to all, successful or not.

Chopper69
10th Nov 2006, 23:26
walla

I'm sure we have discussed this before, no problem, just give me the details.

Chopper

bacardi walla
10th Nov 2006, 23:38
I am very aware that some Companies do not respond to other than successful applicants, however EZY HR should respond to all, successful or not.

Many thanks for the info.

walla
11th Nov 2006, 00:08
bondman,

cheers I know the job has gone, it was mine...
I recently left easy to move to Abu Dhabi.

Chopper69, have fun mate how is my replacement coming along?

Walla

Chopper69
11th Nov 2006, 17:26
She's prettier!!!!!

shaftenhoe end
11th Nov 2006, 19:02
Have they started/finished the interviews ?? I meet the assistant Ops manager in FLL (they all called him mac-ham cos of his funny voice!) back in the summer while on dispatcher course and got impression they were looking for several people but haven't had any reply to my application (either thanks/no thanks) at all.

Chopper69
11th Nov 2006, 19:48
Shaft etc . . . . the EZY set up is really laid back nowadays, the Northern boys are more than OK, as a Chelsea supporter that is really hard to admit!!!

Chopper69
11th Nov 2006, 19:50
Mackam . . . . you're famous!!!!!

BONDMAN
11th Nov 2006, 22:12
I heard LTN-NCL flights may be on the cards to accomodate the large amount of Tyne & Wear expats now employed.

Bondy :)

paperpusher
12th Nov 2006, 20:42
Yeah LTN/NCL oneway South for the Southerners.....

Buster66
12th Nov 2006, 20:48
Yeah, someone should tell UKIS about all these Northerners working down here without visas or work permits...
:ok:

shaftenhoe end
12th Nov 2006, 21:27
Seriously does anyone have any info on the interviews, have had no reply since I sent in my CV. On another note is Ade still around or that crazy greek airport officer? .. always had a laugh when I had to call them.

No Problem
12th Nov 2006, 22:47
I know some people who have applied and they haven't heard anything yet? But I also heard a rumour that some interview dates have been planned? Who knows...a answer either way would be nice!!

Chopper69
13th Nov 2006, 10:28
No problem, et all,

I will ensure that EZY HR contact all applicants

Thanks for your interest

BIG E
13th Nov 2006, 11:27
Mac ham coz of his funny voice, 'kin class! do you want fries with that???

weeys keeys are theys keeys

shaftenhoe end
13th Nov 2006, 19:49
Chopper69 thanks for that appreciated, sounds like interviews already sorted so presume I'm in the 'thanks but no thanks' catergory! Still the Mac-ham (or mackem?) said that he would be looking to take on more people next year so will try again if thats correct.

BONDMAN
13th Nov 2006, 20:16
Yeah, someone should tell UKIS about all these Northerners working down here without visas or work permits...
:ok:
'working' is that what they call it!! some one should have 'em under the trade discriptions act then.

kowlaski
14th Nov 2006, 18:29
problem is they have makems and geordies, whilst the makem is quite a boy he a least does not fall into the 'spotter' variety of the geordies, good luck to any of those getting interviewers, beware of the manc with the questions though!!! and Chopper, the northern boys are still looking down on vladivar FC or whatever they are called.

Captain_Adams
15th Nov 2006, 09:20
MAC-HAM = Spotter in denial. Rumours are he was spotted at EGGW, walking the 'Golden Mile' logging everything insight! :}

GM01
15th Nov 2006, 09:29
I don't think he's the deputy ops manager and I am sure he would not say that, I think someone is taking the P***, all I know is he's a "LEGEND" like me, I would work with him anyday.... (Also glad someone agree's he's not a spotter!):) :)

Shaftenhoe end - I think you are full of S***

I Love Magaluf:)

monkey lover
15th Nov 2006, 10:28
(Also glad someone agree's he's not a spotter!)

Really, so why did he get into trouble with the law after visiting Kent International....was he bird watchin ????

BIG E
15th Nov 2006, 10:40
Kowlaski
Didn't know Stockport were in the premiership??

Captain_Adams
15th Nov 2006, 11:25
Ah yes the infamous Kent SPOTTING story. Deffo a spotter in denial :p

kowlaski
15th Nov 2006, 17:08
Big E - Stockport what, and did you leave somthing behind yesterday??

GM01 - Legend - believe me if I am Yoda, he is the embyro of Luke Sykwalker

I love magaluf too - " all this time............"::D

BIG E
16th Nov 2006, 09:53
I think Madonna has already shown an interest...

princesssariah
17th Nov 2006, 06:54
With all due respect bacardi, maybe you shouldn't take this so personally. You could request feedback as to why they didn't offer you an interview? Also, isn't it often the case that Ops departments want people with less experience so they are more easily adaptable to new ways of working?

If you have 20+ years experience why not aim a little higher? There's plenty of jobs about where your sort of experience would be highly sought after. :)

monkey lover
17th Nov 2006, 07:59
Someone with over 20 years experience in commercial airline ops is obviously not what EZY want

For someone with over 20 years experience are you not selling yourself a bit short applying for an Ops Officers position, surely someone with your stature should be aiming for a management position ??

PPRuNe Pop
17th Nov 2006, 13:34
Guys,

I think you had better take a step back before you blow yourself out of the water.

If you believe that your PPRuNe anonymity will save you from being outed think again.

There are plenty of giveaways that people trying to find out who you are can latch on to. Best you show some lateral thinking and keep your head below the parapet. I have saved two of you from yourself and deleted your posts.

Don't name names is a good place to start! Which happens to be against PPRuNe rules.

PPP

bacardi walla
17th Nov 2006, 18:35
Someone with over 20 years experience in commercial airline ops is obviously not what EZY want
For someone with over 20 years experience are you not selling yourself a bit short applying for an Ops Officers position, surely someone with your stature should be aiming for a management position ??

Thanks for the input but I don't want a management position. Too much hassle :)

bacardi walla
17th Nov 2006, 18:40
Guys,
I think you had better take a step back before you blow yourself out of the water.
If you believe that your PPRuNe anonymity will save you from being outed think again.
There are plenty of giveaways that people trying to find out who you are can latch on to. Best you show some lateral thinking and keep your head below the parapet. I have saved two of you from yourself and deleted your posts.
Don't name names is a good place to start! Which happens to be against PPRuNe rules.
PPP

Thanks, but I didn't name names and was giving my open opinion which IS allowed under Pprune rules....

Low life
19th Nov 2006, 01:03
Thanks for the input but I don't want a management position. Too much hassle :)

Like being a 20 year+ journeyman. I don't really miss those 3AM phone calls.
I leave work at 7 with no worries and I don't have to sit with that nice Mr. CAA FTLS man explaining why no one picked up Capt X landed @ 00:01 on his 8th day.

bacardi walla
19th Nov 2006, 02:10
Like being a 20 year+ journeyman. I don't really miss those 3AM phone calls.
I leave work at 7 with no worries and I don't have to sit with that nice Mr. CAA FTLS man explaining why no one picked up Capt X landed @ 00:01 on his 8th day.

Exactly. Start at 0700, work the rosters for 12hrs, go home and forget about it until the next shift.

Suits you http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/andy757/_39784915_tosh_suitsyousir203b.jpg or in the case of my applications to EZY - it doesn't :{

DarkLight
20th Nov 2006, 14:25
With all due respect bacardi, maybe you shouldn't take this so personally. You could request feedback as to why they didn't offer you an interview? Also, isn't it often the case that Ops departments want people with less experience so they are more easily adaptable to new ways of working?

If you have 20+ years experience why not aim a little higher? There's plenty of jobs about where your sort of experience would be highly sought after. :)

Well thats a laugh. EZY want less experienced people for 1 reason. They can pay them less. There are loads of people, me included, who are not even given an interview because we have experience. I have more than 15 years! I am not looking for a 9 to 5 I like the shifts because I like the time off and the work/life balance. I am disgusted by the was EZY has/is acting.

I thought that changes in employment law were supposed to stop this kind of abuse. Hopefully it will catch up on EZY soon, and with any luck cost them a fortune

princesssariah perhaps you could let us all know where these jobs where our experience would be highly sought after are, as I seem to be missing them!

Low life
21st Nov 2006, 06:21
Well thats a laugh. EZY want less experienced people for 1 reason. They can pay them less. There are loads of people, me included, who are not even given an interview because we have experience. I have more than 15 years! I am not looking for a 9 to 5 I like the shifts because I like the time off and the work/life balance. I am disgusted by the was EZY has/is acting.
I thought that changes in employment law were supposed to stop this kind of abuse. Hopefully it will catch up on EZY soon, and with any luck cost them a fortune
princesssariah perhaps you could let us all know where these jobs where our experience would be highly sought after are, as I seem to be missing them!

In fairness to Easy I know at least one person, with an interveiw, who has well over 15 years - one has to say, one of the very best.

BIG E
21st Nov 2006, 09:33
Darklight

What on earth are you talking about,easyjet have more than their fair share of experienced staff,are you saying people with less experience shouldn't be employed,where does that leave them?Easyjet has a good structured mix,did you apply for a position? Its not all about experience,its about your character,how you interact with the team etc,with an attitude like yours its hardly surprising you didn't get anywhere...

princesssariah
21st Nov 2006, 19:26
DarkLight

I have to agree with BIG E, your attitude doesn't paint you in the best light.

The way i see it is that different companies have different criteria for choosing somebody for a certain position, it's not really your place to judge whether it's about your experience or not because you simply don't know what process they are going through.

Ultimately they want to pick the best person for the job and if your 15 years worth of CV doesn't shine then maybe you should look at yourself instead of being so disgusted!

princesssariah
22nd Nov 2006, 21:00
Just wondering what are the shift start/finish times at EZY Ops?

kowlaski
23rd Nov 2006, 15:49
BIG E has hit the nail on the head there, experience is'nt everything, attitude is everything, there is a good mix of experience at EZY and it works well, as for wanting to bring in less experience for low wage, well thats a laugh, how about, being able from to promote from within, giving existing ops people the chance to move up and then back fill, surely that than gives career progession which is good for team and good for morale. Just because you have 20+ years does not give you divine right, could be the case that an appointment like that could put noses out of joint and upsets balances and with the attitudes shown on this thread, maybe would have bee proved right!!!:{

princesssariah
26th Nov 2006, 11:56
Anyone know start / finish times for EZY Ops? Also is there a staff travel scheme?

monkey lover
26th Nov 2006, 13:09
0630-1830 and 0645/1845 depending on which desk your on
as for staff travel, you get a good discount on EZY flights only

Ta ML

boredcounter
29th Nov 2006, 19:42
I8 years in, got offered the interview but could not attend due work schedule. Would have given it my best shot, despite a backward (CV) move.
Good luck to 'em, I don't think they are refusing experience.
Bored

bacardi walla
30th Nov 2006, 08:07
Good luck to 'em, I don't think they are refusing experience.
Bored

They clearly don't want experience :ugh:

princesssariah
30th Nov 2006, 10:08
Don't be bitter - move on

Atishoo
30th Nov 2006, 11:48
I had an interview with servisair 2 weeks ago, phoned them up a few days later to see what happened as i was told i was only one in for the job, they told me to be patient and not call their ops number (which Servisair admin GAVE me to call) guess what 2 weeks later NOTHING, not an e mail to acknowledge my interview NOTHING, im scared to call them back incase they tell me where to go for being a little persistent, its all very unprofessional if u ask me. :((

bacardi walla
30th Nov 2006, 14:30
Princess I'm not bitter believe me. Wise words though because after 6 years of trying to get into EZY, I shall leave them alone whether they want experience or not.

Comments on here like "everyone with 2 years or more of experience will be interviewed are somewhat misleading and can get peoples hopes up slightly. That said, the comment was later changed to "most people with 2 years etc etc".

Not sure if you got the job but if you did, well done. :D

747-436
3rd Jan 2007, 11:54
I see Easyjet are advertising this again, did they not get anyone suitable from the last time they advertised??

Jason GFX
6th Jan 2007, 22:57
2 years or more

Sir Fatty
7th Jan 2007, 05:55
Is it worth a try if you´re from Germany? I´m wondering if there are any restrictions regarding nationality? Or maybe issues from CAA?
If no, it also would be interesting to know how the pay slip looks like. As I searched the web, the cost of living around London area are a lot higher than over here.
Any idea what to expect with 12 years experience (incl. almost 7 years Ops Control).
Thanks
Fatty

BIG E
10th Jan 2007, 08:47
Sir Fatty
There are no nationality restrictions,in fact there is a large european workforce within the company including lots of germans,there are currently germans working in Ops currently so if anything it could be an advantage.Pay is higher than average and is scaled depending on experience and qualifications.

Sir Fatty
11th Jan 2007, 12:12
Thanks @ Big E :ok: