PDA

View Full Version : Multi Hire

Captain Oveur
10th Oct 2006, 11:30
Anyone know somewhere where I can hire a multi from to do a little hour building. US/Canada and or Uk? It's to top up my current PIC time (currently only 10 Hours :hmm: )

Cheers,

Oveur

Mr Man
11th Oct 2006, 06:46
If you want UK,the cheapest I found is Flying Club Connington in Peterborough.

Good Luck!

Sleeve Wing
11th Oct 2006, 14:45
How much and on what at Conington, Mr Man ?
Thx in anticipation.
Sleeve.

IMC007
11th Oct 2006, 15:50
you could try Egnatia Aviation in Greece, they have a brand new DA42 twin star, glass cockpit. The solo rate is 200 euros (£135) per hour, but check with them as I think there are some conditions of solo hire ie how much P1 time you already have and possibility of having a safety pilot for which you will have to pay but still a lot cheaper than UK prices.

StraightLevel
11th Oct 2006, 16:59
hi guys,

i was recently looking for a few multi hours.

conington twin is a duchess, about £180/hr wet.

i ended up hiring a twin-star from a chap based at bagby in yorkshire.

£235/hr wet for a practically new aircraft.

more info on the da42 thread over in the private flying section.

regards,

straightlevel.

rudestuff
18th Oct 2006, 17:59
best deal i've seen in the states is with AriBen Aviator in florida. block rates of $89.00 per hour

Of course, you might end up getting some real one-engine-inop time for that price!

mungo_55
25th Oct 2006, 11:07
If you go to Ari Ben, check exactly what the deal is. I was training at the school next door in June (which leased all their planes from Ari Ben). I think they pair up JAA and FAA hour builders in the Duchesses - there is some provision which allows both pilots to log the time.

Also, they don't really make it feasible to take the aircraft very far from base as they pay a very low amount back to you if you need to refuel.

Having said that, they do have a big fleet of Duchesses.