PDA

View Full Version : Any women beeing hired at ME ACCs???

!turnleftrightnow!
5th Oct 2006, 08:20
Hello to everybody!
Somebody told me no women were being hired at UAE ACC.
:confused:

Dr. Evil
5th Oct 2006, 13:49
There's a few female atco's in Dubai TWR/APP

I heard UAE ACC in Abu Dhabi are getting one female atco from Norway soon. But then again the guys from UAE ACC can tell you more

TwoDogs
5th Oct 2006, 14:25
Several already working in Dubai .... at least, they SOUND like females on the phone :O

BlueSkye
5th Oct 2006, 14:46
Only employed by GCAA direct hire, not by SERCO. First one starts in Dec, me thinks. :D

prowler
5th Oct 2006, 23:19
Heard there were 1 or 2 in DXB - Dubai....

And also heard & read that a Scottish Female was on the Way to DXB this month, unless she already started...me thinks....:mad:

well, good luck to her, & any other attempting to go to d Sandpit!!:ok:

Desert Budgie
6th Oct 2006, 00:48
Definately a few. Heard an English girl working DXB Dep, what sounded like a S African working UAE and me thinks there is an ozzy working either BAH App or Tower, can't remember.

Cheers

DB :ok:

Radar Pete
6th Oct 2006, 10:14
UAE ACC has a female starting in Dec,think she is from Zurich or Geneva?

AirNoServicesAustralia
6th Oct 2006, 13:32
Desert Budgie, definately no women Sth Africans working in UAE ACC at the moment (I could make comments there but I will be nice :hmm: ), but there is a woman due to start at the end of the year, and right now if you have the appropriate experience from the appropriate part of the world you will be hired, as they can't be too picky these days. Dubai Approach has been female friendly for years now, and they have I am guessing 5 or 6 women working there.

I would say to the women starting in UAE ACC, they would have to overcome a very male culture, and initially it may be a little hard, but like anywhere, after proving yourselves, the chauvanists here will get over it and get used to it.

Desert Budgie
6th Oct 2006, 20:25
Must be thinking of 124.9 :hmm:

ATCO1962
7th Oct 2006, 04:40
We've got two in training in Muscat at the moment, although one is set to leave: a bit homesick!

The one yet to be validated, I'm told, is from South Africa.

It's a good time to get hired here at the moment. We're very short.

divingduck
7th Oct 2006, 16:51
Greetings former neighbour,

The one leaving, is that the Canadian?
A great pity, as I think the centres in these parts could do with a few more women in them.

ATCO1962
8th Oct 2006, 02:30
Got it in one, duck; first thing she tells me on first day of training is she wants to go home:uhoh: Was it me??

Still waiting for the raise that we "won", oh, a YEAR ago now!!:*

Come on over some time.

prowler
9th Oct 2006, 17:22
hey ANSA, maybe you could confirm this, or one of your AUH mates could do so.

Rumour is around in M.E. that there was an ex-MAASTRICHT ACC Area FEMALE Controller who came over to AUH ACC, but was refused cos she's a female....:*

Is this true?

cat man do
11th Oct 2006, 17:45
prowler, when was this? Couldnt have been recent.One joining in Dec so far.

:zzz:

burjalrumaithy
11th Oct 2006, 21:51
the chauvanists here will get over it and get used to it.
Desperation would knock the chauvanism out of anyone. Right Muren?

prowler
11th Oct 2006, 23:21
prowler, when was this? Couldnt have been recent.One joining in Dec so far.

:zzz:

Hey Cat.. well according to a friend, this is what the rumour was about, & it must have been 'secret' or kept 'hush hush' that she was not accepted, either by GCAA or else SERCO, only for AREA Radar, & not APP Radar or TWR.:ouch: Even though I find it strange , knowinig 'females' are already workin in the M.E.....

So , as u can see, it's 2nd hand info, so only you guys in AUH can ONLY have 1st hand or CORRECT info, which of course you could confirm!:D

If we're talkin about the same 'female', she was an ex-MAASTRICHT ATCO of course AREA Radar ....:E

Cheers Cat....

Prowler out......:zzz:

VectorLine
13th Oct 2006, 16:20
1 lass shortly leaving NATS (LTCC) for Bahrain - along with recently valid b/f (MACC).

VL

Brocky
15th Oct 2006, 00:45
Hi All,

Do you have to be currently rated in Approach to get an approach job in Dubai? If you have plenty of approach experience but not currently rated, will they consider you?

Sounds dumb that they wouldn't.:cool: