PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know

Flightman
2nd Oct 2006, 19:57
why many foreign operated aircraft are turning off the 27LDVR SID well below 4000ft?

I'm suspecting a recent FMS update has gone awry. Anyone know who supplies Gulf Air and Saudi, to name but two?

GT3
2nd Oct 2006, 20:16
I have noticed a much earlier and lower turn on the 27L DVR of late too.

AlanM
2nd Oct 2006, 21:06
I have noticed a much earlier and lower turn on the 27L DVR of late too.

STOP bloody weather avoiding then mate! :)

Talkdownman
3rd Oct 2006, 05:04
If this is so then Tower should have H3.............:eek:

wizad
3rd Oct 2006, 15:15
if its anything like the last few days.... especially sunday. its all about the weather.

27l dvrs turning out of only 2000ft if that heading 090.... 125....110....125

if pilots cant keep to the sid, then they shouldnt really get airborne... even with mdi's on its was hard work to get you all up and away in one piece.

a small thank you, which im happy to say we get from most crews is always a pleasure to hear before they go to the next frequency.

w

Flightman
3rd Oct 2006, 17:07
if its anything like the last few days.... especially sunday. its all about the weather.
27l dvrs turning out of only 2000ft if that heading 090.... 125....110....125
if pilots cant keep to the sid, then they shouldnt really get airborne... even with mdi's on its was hard work to get you all up and away in one piece.
a small thank you, which im happy to say we get from most crews is always a pleasure to hear before they go to the next frequency.
w

Sorry its not weather. That doesnt expalin why foreign airlines are heading 090 way before UK based airlines. Still think its FMS related, just trying to track it down further.

GT3
3rd Oct 2006, 17:29
Yeah will agree with Flightman, have seen them do it on gin-clear days too.

wizad
3rd Oct 2006, 23:25
well that is strange then... are you talking of them heading east before epsom?
this has never happened while im in, and have not heard of any colleagues mentioning it......but not to say it doesnt happen.
are you sure they arent out of 4000? as we do turn them early (before EPM) if heathrow inbound traffic permits and climb them, but still, only after 4000ft.

if they are would love to know why though.

GT3
4th Oct 2006, 09:41
The initial turn point for the start of the SID seems early and then the "downwind" part of the SID can be different too. Will try and take a pic of the radar to show what I mean.

anotherthing
4th Oct 2006, 09:48
I have seen quite a few A/C balloon round the corner on the DVR SID, going wide and then trying to pick the radial back up again to EPM, but not witnessed what Flight Man is on about.

Wizad

Agree with you there, though it does not help when the tower asks pilots who glibly reply "yes, we can fly the SID", then they get airborne and immediately bleat about being unable to turn. Sounds like a bit of skull duggery by the pilots IMHO. Makes it worse that it was done by the 'Worlds Favourite Airline" as well as others.

fly bhoy
4th Oct 2006, 21:10
It was happening again today and weather was fine.

Initial turns at about 1.5-2nm and only 2A. SID hasn't changed so don't know what the reason is.

Wizad

was hard work to get you all up and away in one piece

And we all know how much you radar boyos hate hard work don't we?!?:}

FB:ok:

wizad
5th Oct 2006, 14:05
flybhoy......

the only hard work i hate is answering the phone to some brash scotsman bleating out '' can ye' take 2 minutes''.......

if i had my way we would get an answer phone system....

'' for 2 minutes between 2 dvrs, please hang up and try again''

w

zkdli
5th Oct 2006, 21:12
Anyone reported it ( with callsigns and times) so that investigations can ask the airlines concerned?:)

GT3
5th Oct 2006, 22:01
Did notice a classic 747 jink right today, to avoid a noise monitor perhaps??

Flightman
6th Oct 2006, 10:57
Did notice a classic 747 jink right today, to avoid a noise monitor perhaps??
Who was it GT3, I'll tell you if he succeeded! :ooh:

GT3
6th Oct 2006, 11:24
PIA I think. Yesterday afternoon about 1630Z.

Flightman
6th Oct 2006, 11:28
PIA I think. Yesterday afternoon about 1630Z.

Noted. I'll look into it.