PDA

View Full Version : EZY Questions, EZY Answers (Easyjet)

skytrekker
2nd Oct 2006, 13:26
Hello all. I am looking for some information concerning EZY and their hiring policy. Looking at the website does not give me the answers I need, and I do not have a phone number to call.
Experience: 9000+ hrs. TT, B727 1500 hrs. PIC, B737NG 600 hrs. PIC, A320 1500 hrs PIC
FAA ATPL, European passport. I have started the process to convert to a UK ATPL.
Several questions to those in the know at EZY. Can I be considered at EZY without a JAR Licence in hand with the expectation I would have it at start of training? I hesitate to spend @ £2800 for the needed LST/LPC without a job offer. As I do not have the JAR Licence I am guessing the internet application cannot go forward as that box would remain “open”.
Second, can I complete all the necessary requirements for the UK conversion except for the simulator check as that would be repeated in training and thus the UK ATPL would be issued?
My thanks in advance to anyone at EZY who can shed light on these questions. Please feel free to PM me.

Scottie
2nd Oct 2006, 14:14
It's worth asking them but I have to say that at the moment there are no shortage of applicants so they would be unlikely to say yes regarding the sim check.

Once you have the JAR ATPL then with your experience it would be a different matter.

Best of luck though. :ok:

skytrekker
2nd Oct 2006, 15:10
Scottie, appreciate the response. :ok: Looking at the usual suspects I guessed you might be one to reply. :)
Are you EDI or GLA based?

Norman Stanley Fletcher
2nd Oct 2006, 15:26
skytrekker - I would be a little more blunt than Scottie. Regardless of your past experience, you do not have a JAR licence and are therefore not qualified to fly for easyJet or indeed any other European airline. At this moment you are therefore unemployable in the European airline industry. Your application will not be processed without that licence. There are no shortcuts and easyJet are unlikely to enter into discussion with you on the subject.

For what it is worth, I back easyJet 100% on this, because they simply do not have the time or resources to deal with what is essentially a personal problem for the individual pilot. As Scottie has said, there is no shortage of qualified applicants. Were easyJet to enter into discussion with individuals who are unqualified, their scarce resources would be unnecessarily diverted from the main task of recruiting the right people from the large list of qualified pilots. Best of luck with the exams!

ForzaLazio
2nd Oct 2006, 17:44
... i would say just apply. i kind of have the same issue you do (b737 type and faa atp+ euro pass). i got in contact with someone from ryanair, he told me they can hire you but they have to process your application through some of their agencies. same thing with thomsonfly (on their website they were acceoting applicants with 737 type and faa atp). like io said, apply and see what happens

Norman Stanley Fletcher
2nd Oct 2006, 21:48
easyJet is not Ryanair - we are not roaming round the world looking for anyone who has some form of flying licence. I have the screening document in front of me that will be used to assess your application. You, alas, will not get past that phase if they know you have an FAA ATPL. If you mislead them and turn up at an interview without the necessary licence your assessment day will stop there and then - you will not be asked back. They will be seriously hacked off if you have taken up one of their valuable slots at an assessment day when you are not employable. I personally would strongly advise you against applying until you have the correct licence.

f/spninx
3rd Oct 2006, 03:31
Norman Stanley Fletcher
"easyJet is not Ryanair - we are not roaming round the world looking for anyone who has some form of flying licence"
Why are there so many oz & kiwis working for you?

Kraut
3rd Oct 2006, 05:57
Once upon a time, there was a "British Empire"!:)

Stan Woolley
3rd Oct 2006, 07:23
"easyJet is not Ryanair - we are not roaming round the world looking for anyone who has some form of flying licence"

Maybe if you did , easyjet wouldn't have to cancel hundreds of flights and have lots of 757's from 'around the world' flying subcharters. :rolleyes:

despegue
3rd Oct 2006, 09:28
If Easy has enough crews, why then does my airline have to fly ad-hoc charters for them on a regular basis due to EZY's lack of flightcrew?
And we are competition! (well not really as we are Scotlands National Airline:} )

Sorry, but it seems that some people within the orange brigade need to lower their noses...
I am certain that all airlines are suffering from the same problem: a severe lack of EXPERIENCED pilots on B737/A320.

God Loves a Flyer
3rd Oct 2006, 09:42
Storming Norman - Ryanair is over crewed with pilots at the moment. This will change when the next batch of aircraft arrive (this month I think) but we are not desperatley short crews like EZY. I know you know your stuff when it comes to all things orange but you know nothing about Ryanair other than what you read on these forums (which is hardly balanced or fair). Please stop the Ryanair bashing.

bleeds off
3rd Oct 2006, 11:12
Come on guys. NSF is just describing a regulatory requirement that is imposed by JAA Authority to any company operating under its scope...

Wizofoz
3rd Oct 2006, 11:35
but we are not desperatley short crews like EZY

I see... So all those sub-chartered aircraft and cancelled flights from January untill April, when your callender year for FTLs starts, must have been a figment of our imaginations?

God Loves a Flyer
3rd Oct 2006, 13:21
Wizofoz; April was 7 months ago. A lot can happen in that time. I'm not trying to be smart, it just bugs me when people throw out statements about Ryanair as if they are facts when they are completely untrue. Regards, GLAF

Norman Stanley Fletcher
4th Oct 2006, 01:07
GLAF - I stand by my assertion regarding 'Ryanair roaming round the world looking for pilots with some form of flying licence'. Your company have recruited widely in Eastern Europe and anywhere else they think they can pick up pilots with the necessary licences. I saw only recently a PPRUNE banner advertising a Ryanair recruitment day in Belgrade. A number of your pilots I have heard on the radio seem to have significant difficulty in speaking English to the level you would expect. In addition, as has been indicated by another contributor, the agencies through whom you recruit pilots offer assistance in converting licences from outside the JAR countries to acceptable licences to operate in Europe. In essence, if you can fly a 737 or similar type, and any way can be found to get you the right to work in Europe, then no stone is left unturned by the various agencies charged with recruiting on Ryanair's behalf. It is for others to decide if that is a desireable state of affairs - it is nonetheless true.

Incidentally, although I cannot quote you exact figures, I understand our manning crisis is temporarily over. We are in full recruitment at the moment but that is largely against future expansion. There is no doubt we faced a crewing crisis over the Summer and consequently we subbed out a number of flights (£8m is the figure I have heard quoted for the losses incurred in so doing). No doubt a significant factor in the improved situation is that BA and Virgin have temporarily stopped recruiting on the scale they did earlier this year, which has resulted in fewer resignations. We still have not quite got the balance of FOs/Capts correct, but that is improving all the time. Also, notwithstanding the fact that it would not take much disruption to create another crewing crisis, we are fundamentally ticking over reasonably well.

cavelino rampante
4th Oct 2006, 07:26
NSF

Good airmanship is not exclusive to pilots with UK issued JAR ATPL's. Having operated widebodies worldwide and flown with and trained dozens of different Eastern European and Non European pilots I can definativley tell you their ethnic background has NOTHING to do with how well or otherwise they operate the aircraft. If I was a Pilot from Belgrade I'd be shocked at your level of ignorance.

Your lack of judgement skills, your prejudice and your obvious inexperiance speak volumes for you. Shame on you.

Waggon rut
4th Oct 2006, 07:54
Sorry for being a bit cynical about this but Ryanair is all about control. The main reason to go all round the world to acquire pilots is to dilute the strength of pilot power. They find it much easier to get what they want i.e. lower pay and conditions.
For instance as they are doing at the moment, employing pilots from Brazil, the pay deal they will have offered will look fantastic to them, so they will be no problem to them when the next pay round starts (dispute). I might add I do question the actions of Ryanair some of these pilots are direct entry left seat, I am sure some of them have NEVER SEEN SNOW!

f/spninx
4th Oct 2006, 09:18
Norman Stanley fletcher

'Ryanair roaming round the world looking for pilots with some form of flying licence'
Perhaps next time you turn up at work and look around the crewroom you will see pilots from USA, Canada, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Bahrain, UAE, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Pakistan, Brazil, Mexico, Hong Kong, South Africa and of course the Australians and Kiwis.
I find your attitude for somebody who works at the politically correct easyjet bordering on being rascist.

"I understand our manning crisis is temporarily over"
Why are Air Finland still flying out of luton?

orangetree
4th Oct 2006, 10:01
Well I'd have to concede that there is nothing 'over' about EZY's manning 'crisis'. Of the 400+ pilots required, just under half of them are to address the current shortage. Easyjet have no problem with hiring foreign nationals. The understanding is however that they must speak good english and have a JAA ATPL. What exactly is the problem with that? Those are the entry requirements. Unfortunatley many (probably very competent) pilots have failed the selection due to lack of good english. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

cavelino rampante
4th Oct 2006, 10:29
Orangetree

no problem with that at all, perfectly understandable and very well put, unlike your colleague NSF (if he is one).

Norman Stanley Fletcher
4th Oct 2006, 10:58
skytrekker - first of all my apologies for turning this thread in another direction and that was not my intention. I will not be making further comments after this one in order to let the debate continue along the subject originally discussed. Please PM me with an e-mail address and some salient details and I will make some enquiries on your behalf.

Regarding manning figures, I hear conflicting reports and know that we are keeping our head above water, but only just for the reasons given. It is certainly true that any delays or unexpected sickness can put us over the edge and we end up subbing out, but the crisis of the summer is significantly improved. Others will have a wider picture and I will leave that to them to discuss.

Cavelino rampante - I normally do not bother replying to comments like yours but I will make an exception. I would not be so foolish as to assume anything about you based on your comments - you know less than nothing about me and are really not in a position to make any judgement about any aspect of my life and character. Like many people who rant forth about other people's prejudices, your zeal for your cause makes you reply to comments that were not actually made - that is prejudice. I did not say that pilots from round the world lacked good airmanship because they do not have UK JAR licences - I have said they are not employable at easyJet or any UK airline until they have the necessary licences. I did not say anything derogratory about pilots from Belgrade or Eastern Europe - I indicated that Ryanair were recruiting there and this was indicitave of them looking far and wide for pilots. Finally, at no point did I say that someone's ethnic background was related to their ability to fly an aircraft - ethnicity is a subject introduced by you and you alone. I did, however, speak of some pilots from Ryanair who have difficulty with English and I stand by that comment. I have no problem with people criticising what I have actually said - I do, however, have a problem with someone making inferences from what was not said. You may be a pilot but you sure are not a lawyer. You have made assertions about someone you do not know regarding their judgement, skills and experience based on words that were never said. That, my friend, is true prejudice at its very best. Shame on you.

f/sphinx - You said, "I find your attitude for somebody who works at the politically correct easyjet bordering on being rascist." If I worked at some other airline, would my comments be more acceptabe? All of the above applies to you. You have no idea about me or my views - I am not a racist but if you think my comments are of that nature, then you need to get out more and find out what true racism is all about.

flying scotsman
4th Oct 2006, 12:43
this is why i rarely read these forums anymore.

do all pilots need to have such high horses ? :eek:

as an easy capt all I can say is they have no problem hiring non-brits and the place is better for it too.

NSF is right about the need for a JAR licence. any one will probably do though.

best of luck.

Nice Touch
4th Oct 2006, 12:45
Felcher,

Your not doing too well here are you-I love it.....

..only the other day I read that Ryan were recruiting in Belgrade...

Oh God help us all we all know that the air is different there, all black with no lift. What the hell would you know about the former east anyway-you don't go any further that SXF...scared of the NPAs and meters per second eh....

There you go Felcher thats how you do ill informed wrong posts-keep on trying. Plonker.

giorgino
4th Oct 2006, 12:54
Hi guys,

just to ease things a little bit with this Ryan air Easy jet conflict(we are all professional pilots respecting each other I guess after all...or not?)could someone inform the non UK pilots of this forum,who are the oz's and the kiwi's?
Cause someone mentioned it in one of the replies given and we the non ex British empire would like to know!!!;);)

haughtney1
4th Oct 2006, 12:54
Oh God help us all we all know that the air is different there, all black with no lift. What the hell would you know about the former east anyway-you don't go any further that SXF...scared of the NPAs and meters per second eh....

Me thinks there be a few axes to grind with that comment:yuk:

Ive read what NSF wrote, and to be frank, I cant see ANY provocation, insinuation, or slight on any non Brit or otherwise. As ever it appears that those that dont agree with a view point that is well reasoned and argued, would prefer to attack the poster...as it is easier than posting a well reasoned response.

Perhaps the plonker comment is a self portrait Nice Touch..?

Sky Wave
4th Oct 2006, 13:36
I think those having a go at NSF should re-read his post. He was simply saying that EZY require a JAA-ATPL. Although they are possibly short of pilots they are not short of suitable applicants and therefore would not consider someone who does not meet their minimum requirements.

If you care to look at NSF's profile and previous postings on other threads you'll see he usually gives balanced opinions and is very helpful when it comes to providing information on life at EZY.

Suggest sitting back, taking a deep breath and counting to ten before continuing this argument form either side of the fence.

unablereqnavperf
4th Oct 2006, 14:03
Gentlemen I have had the privalidge of working and sinking the odd beer with NSF and I can assure you he is a man of good character and indeed often a voice of reason when everyone else is loosing their heads. I do not believe he would make any attempt to be racist or resentfull of others.

I have to agree with him regarding pilots of other nationalities flying for UK companies and hiring policies. It has long been a tradition for pilots from the USA comimg over to the UK and getting work when the US market is down but UK pilots never get the same in return, in fact, the same applies to pilots from Canada I believe although I stand corrected on that. As for pilots from eastern block countries they are welcome provided they meet the same standereds as UK licenced pilots. We are all grown up enopugh to know that in some less developed countries coruption is a problem and many things can be obtained for a price even a pilots licence!

I have no problem at all working with any nationalities indeed I am from a country outside the EU and have been working in the UK for the last 15 years,however I did complete my training in the UK and hold a CCA/JAR ATPL.

We have all heard the odd R-----r pilots with very poor command of english operating around so any of you R------r hard noses casn sling your hook. It is a well known fact that the famous Michael only cares about bums on seats regardless of ability! easy on the other hand does try to be a bit more choosie!!

And good on them for being so!

Captain Airclues
4th Oct 2006, 14:26
Please note that if you hold a European National JAA licence, you will have to exchange it for a UK JAA licence before you start with easyJet. This is due to training purposes (mainly for easyJet TRE's to be able to sign for the type rating endorsement on your licence). The process for the exchange involves filling an application form, sending copies of your licence and medical certificate along with an administration fee.

Airclues

cavelino rampante
4th Oct 2006, 14:47
This is my last input as well, don’t usually need to get up on my high horse Flying Scotsman and I’m getting straight off again after this - promise. This thread was hijacked and turned into something else by NSF and I do fundamentally agree that the UK CAA and Easyjet are correct in requiring a UK CAA issued licence.

“I normally do not bother replying to comments like yours”

-your obviously used to it then but thanks anyway you condescension is illuminating

“your zeal for your cause”

-because I disagree with you I have a cause!!!! I’m either with you or against you. Now where have I heard that before?

“you know less than nothing about me”

- having gone through some of your previous posts YOU describe yourself as a “committed Christian” (whatever that is) , “British to the core of your being” (I love my country too but I don’t feel the need to tell the world about it!), you’ve provided a link to video footage of a gunship attack in Afghanistan and describe yourself as Ryanairs biggest critc, and that’s just the first few pages!!!!!……so I do know more than nothing about you and a picture starts to emerge

If you think you can describle “Ryanair roaming round the world”, “to “pick up pilots”, “with some form of flying licence”, and try to tell me that wouldn’t be IMPLIED as anything other than derogatory, then you are CLUELESS. If I substituted the word Ryanair for Easyjet into that how would you feel? If I inserted British instead of Eastern European into your post, how do you think it would read? (Try it!)

You conveniently ignored the fact that Thomsonfly as stated on a previous post accept or have accepted FAA ATP with a 737 Type Rating before you launched into your “Easyjet is not Ryanair” piece.

“pilots from Ryanair who have difficulty with English”

-Pilots from dozens of airlines have difficulty with English, why the Eastern European and Ryanair fixation?
I operate into LHR, LGW, MAN regularly and for sure the standard of English is poor at times. But ATC there (the best in the world) deal with it get on with it and overcome it (their patience amazes me) like most of us do when confronted with the myriad of problems that confront us on a daily basis in this profession. Your whinging about what goes on in another crew’s cockpit?

You’re entitled to your opinion NSF which in fact states very little but implies rather a lot. An opinion seemingly based airline wise on very limited short haul intra European experience. They would LOVE you in the Middle East.

...now where did I put that Campari

Monarch Man
4th Oct 2006, 15:27
Pilots from dozens of airlines have difficulty with English, why the Eastern European and Ryanair fixation?

Because NSF is relating the facts relating to R/T traffic with RYR call signs, and I agree with him, in point of fact more than half of the RYR calls I heard yesterday were next to intelligible:hmm:
This is a big issue in the UK, as it is recognised as a serious problem leading to level busts, runway incursions, and clearances that are not complied with, so cavelino in order to have a context to this part of your argument, mayby you should operate into LHR, LTN, STN, or LGW everyday, like a lot of us do:=

If you think you can describle “Ryanair roaming round the world”, “to “pick up pilots”, “with some form of flying licence”,

This is an accurate description, having had a reasonable amount of contact with the various agencies involved, this is a very accurate portrayal of their remit:=

having gone through some of your previous posts YOU describe yourself as a “committed Christian” (whatever that is) , “British to the core of your being” (I love my country too but I don’t feel the need to tell the world about it!), you’ve provided a link to video footage of a gunship attack in Afghanistan and describe yourself as Ryanairs biggest critc, and that’s just the first few pages!!!!!……

Oh dear, starting to sound like a hypocrite to me :=

And as if to prove a point

You’re entitled to your opinion NSF which in fact states very little but implies rather a lot

So just to clarify here for a moment cavelino; You cant find your Campari, you dont think that NSF is right to state his opinion...and yet you claim he is entitled to it, being a critic of Ryanair and being British to the core are things that should be kept to yourself, you extrapolate a difference of opinion to mean NSF is comparable to GW Bush, and finally, you assume that because of all this NSF would be loved in the Middle East.
If you dont mind me saying Mr Cavelino, you seem a little out of touch, and a little sensitive to what are accurate observations:ok:

Nice Touch
4th Oct 2006, 17:18
I love earlies-because I can hate NSF for longer.

Monarch Man, or should I say Norman and all the other supporters NSF posted an inflammatory accusation against an operator with a 100% safety record-just like easy.

All some poor sod asked was for info. regarding joining-thats all.

NSF post are long and empty and ALWAYS end up with sound bites and recycled retro from easyland-he is not party to any privileged information and certainly knows nothing about Ryanair or any other airline he has not worked for. He is always wrong wrt FR and his arguments weighted with opinion. Not balanced or otherwise.

Supporting him makes you him and advocating his position when he has quite clearly passed a "cheap shot" just coats you with the same smell. Dare to be different.

To the original poster-join Ryan or easy, up to you-both web sites tell you what you need. Make you decision considering geographical location and quality of life-beyond that don't make it complicated. Good luck.

A4
4th Oct 2006, 17:43
Giorgino,
To calm things down a little ......... Oz = Australians, Kiwis = New Zealanders.
Come on guys..... calm down. Sorry if any gals are reading - most non PC! :}
A4 :O

Monarch Man
4th Oct 2006, 17:59
Monarch Man, or should I say Norman and all the other supporters NSF posted an inflammatory accusation against an operator with a 100% safety record-just like easy

Would you like salt with your foot?

I am MOST certainly not NSF, my employer IS my namesake....I suppose an apology is on its way:ok: Nice touch

Nice Touch
4th Oct 2006, 18:12
Look Mon. Man that was below the belt-calling you Norman-I mean-so yeah I'm sorry dude-just lost it-can we be buds now?

airamerica
4th Oct 2006, 19:37
Ask a question about a company and the thread turns to S***t.
And you guys call yourselves professionals.
At least Ej have not given out visas, guaranteed or part converted licences via a back door scheme either.Everyone at Ej is traeted the same.
You do not read on here about flap 10 landings, steep turns below 500 feet, captains mental incap or poor atc, so quit whilst ahead with mine is bigger than yours etc etc.
Easyjet's rhetoric is to hire trainable individuals and turn them into true professionals, not just crew the aircraft and hope for the best.

Kilo-club SNA
4th Oct 2006, 20:36
In regard to the ORIGINAL THREAD.
You mention that you are unwilling to spend the mopney for the LST/LPC

The main thing is...do you have a EU passport (ie right to live in the EU?) if so, shell out the money! If EZY doesn't want you someone else will! It's pretty mad out there. There might be other companiers that are more willing to speak as well (but you have probábly already thought of that)

RoyHudd
4th Oct 2006, 20:50
He/She can be a pain, but IMHO he/she seems intrinsincally honest. Which I respect. I have had my disputes on this site with NSF, without resolution. And felt frustrated.

Nevertheless, stop the personal stuff, against an honest writer. Fight logic with logic, not hysteria. (My comments apply to a number of you).

Right, you lot have control.

f/spninx
5th Oct 2006, 07:14
Airamerica
If you want we could talk about an easyjet pilot being arrested for being 5 times over the drink driving limit reporting for work in Berlin.
Dont forget there are many ex-easyjet pilots at Ryanair with lots of dirt So dont throw stones if you live in a glasshouse!
As for NORMAN STANLEY FLETCHER he should keep his post to his own company.

Kraut
5th Oct 2006, 11:52
I believe this thread is running out of control!

Can we come back to the basics of rational discussions!?

ecam actions 320
5th Oct 2006, 22:25
Hi everybody,

I had to expartriate a few years ago to fly the Airbus 320 in another continent.
I now would like to come back to my native Europe.
I was thinking about Easyjet.
But does anyone know some details about that company ??
*First of all, what about taxes over salaries ?? I know that taxes in germany are as high as 50%. Does that mean that I have to divide those numbers by 2 to get the real wage ??
*And I saw they fly 5 days early/3 off and 5 days late/3 off.
But does that mean they only fly halves days ??
*And then how much hours/ month do a pilot make ??
*After how much time can I expect to command ??
*And of course what about general working environment ??

Thanks for answering.

giorgino
6th Oct 2006, 18:47
At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!somebody answered my question.....

Dear A4 thank you very much indeed!!!:D:D:D

AbeamPoints
7th Oct 2006, 09:47
Umm, no. This whole thread degenerated because it was mentioned that Ryanair will and do take pilots from all over the place as long as they have a JAA licence. This is evident whenever you hear a concentration of Ryanair callsigns as a great many are in faltering English with a heavy accent, often Eastern European. Not to mention the sheer volume of their Eastern European cabin crew you see walking to work in the mornings and later hear making their interesting PA's.

Knock low level.

Paris go around.

Stansted RVR.

Rome bank angle.

Skavska landing.

I don't need a crystal ball.

AP

Kraut
7th Oct 2006, 17:02
Amen!

What was the originator of this thread realy asking for?:confused:

Rallye EI-BFP
7th Oct 2006, 21:13
Hi everybody,

I had to expartriate a few years ago to fly the Airbus 320 in another continent.
I now would like to come back to my native Europe.
I was thinking about Easyjet.
But does anyone know some details about that company ??
*First of all, what about taxes over salaries ?? I know that taxes in germany are as high as 50%. Does that mean that I have to divide those numbers by 2 to get the real wage ??
*And I saw they fly 5 days early/3 off and 5 days late/3 off.
But does that mean they only fly halves days ??
*And then how much hours/ month do a pilot make ??
*After how much time can I expect to command ??
*And of course what about general working environment ??

Thanks for answering.

Dont know bout Easyjet, but if you are B737 rated Ryanair may be a good option. Captains get €130,000 a year. Their website has a good description of whats on offer. A few dozen airports you can base yourself at too.

Kraut
8th Oct 2006, 10:45
RALLYE-EI
Its your right to praize RYAN, but I think ECAM was asking for AIRBUS/EZY conditions?

-we, EZY, are not flying half days. In fact, our days are most on high FDT.
- no, you are not paying 50% tax in Germany, because we pay our tax primarily in the UK
- general working conditions are a personal point of view. Some (more) like it, some (less?) hate it. Sorry, but what you mean by "general working consitions"? T&C´s are written firm.
- we are not flying 5/3/5/3 in fact soon 5/3/5/4

but if you search on our website EZY.com and in this forum, there are (nearly) all infos about EZY dicussed.
NORMAN STANLEY FLETCHER is answering this questions usually in a very precise style over and over again
Have a look at his profile.:ok:

approach320
8th Oct 2006, 11:42
Ecam actions, I know conditions at EAsy are pretty good... Pretty enjoyable and good people to work with..

Anyway...I would like to know more about where you flew the BUs320 before..and how you got there...You can PM if you like..:)

Happy flyings!!:ok:

ForzaLazio
8th Oct 2006, 13:41
easyJet is not Ryanair - we are not roaming round the world looking for anyone who has some form of flying licence. I have the screening document in front of me that will be used to assess your application. You, alas, will not get past that phase if they know you have an FAA ATPL. If you mislead them and turn up at an interview without the necessary licence your assessment day will stop there and then - you will not be asked back. They will be seriously hacked off if you have taken up one of their valuable slots at an assessment day when you are not employable. I personally would strongly advise you against applying until you have the correct licence.

what about Thomsonfly then? on their website they accepted resume from 737 rated pilot with an FAA ATP

Nice Touch
8th Oct 2006, 19:17
FL-exactly the point made ten thousand years ago when this post started.
Seriously if ever a company existed that put stupid ideas, ill thought-out initiatives and the incessant orange bullish**it before profit it is easy.
Look at some of the "professional attitudes" that have stood as the voices of reason-beaten and licked they have retreated without a word-NSF-MM and others-their silence presumably a measure of there maturity and professionalism. Christ what hypocrites. I have had the honor of watching some of the best 73 pilots operate in the time I have been at Ryan. Russian-Hungarian-Croatian and the fantastic Brazilians and all the rest of europe. Many train, have backgrounds NSF and side kick MM, and I, could only dream about-bring them on -they can fly my wife and kids any day.
This has nothing to do with bigging up Ryan-simply if you make the grade-your welcome-there are issues with Ryan-but inequality-opportunity and a challenge that a motivated pilot would thrive under is not one of them.
Apply now and ********* to easy's screening document.

ecam actions 320
8th Oct 2006, 19:47
Thank you guys for all those informations.

Rallye, I saw about Ryanair, but I´m not typed on 737, only now flying the A 320.

Kraut, Copied everything you said. I will take a look about that.
About general working environment, I mean the atmosphere between Capt-FO, and with the cabin crew.

And what about the time to command for a new entry guy ???

Happy landings.

ChocksAwayUK
8th Oct 2006, 19:54
Can a mod, or Syktrekker (the threadstarter), correct the title to "EZY Questions, Ranting Loonies", please?

Marvo
9th Oct 2006, 09:39
May I suggest to the original poster that you get in touch with the CAA about transfering your licence. I flew yesterday (Ryanair) with a guy who recently arrived from overseas. He has to complete all 14 CAA exams but the caa can give exemptions for experience I am led to believe.

Not wishing to add to the flames, this chaps RT was poor but I found him to be a good operator. I do feel that FR have been trawling for pilots but I think it is pretty unproffesional to judge someones ability purley on there R/T!.

Norman Stanley Fletcher's posts are ALWAYS honest and accurate. He went out of his way to help me personally recently and I believe he treats people as he finds them irrespective of who they work for.

Pixie Pants
9th Oct 2006, 09:45
Hi all! Does anyone know where I might find info on the easyjet interview day? Or if has anyone attended it recently might be able to give me a heads up?

PGA
9th Oct 2006, 15:14
Can anybody please explain what the easy requirements are for a senior f/o. The websites makes it look like its just an ATPL but am wondering if there is more to it then just having an unfrozen license.

thanks in advance

ROSCO328
9th Oct 2006, 15:39
Just about to start with Easy and an atpl is all you require to be upgraded from Fo to Sfo. All the best:ok:

PGA
9th Oct 2006, 15:42
ah thats good news, was just curious since I`m going next year, have my contract with the F-ATPL salary but by the time I move I will have my ATPL with a bit of luck, just wondering how easy the upgrade to the higher salary will be....don`t know if they`re fuzzy if I signed for the f-atpl salary

outofsynch
10th Oct 2006, 10:07
Ecam, it is a very frinedly place, among the crew. So friendly in fact I have wondered, at times, if the Purser was in command.....................

Time to command depends on sim performance etc, but unlikely to be less than two years due to the queue!

Kraut
10th Oct 2006, 21:08
......... they have retreated without a word-NSF-MM and others-their silence presumably a measure of there maturity and professionalism. ...

You got it, NICE TOUCH! Maturity and professionalism makes it mandatory to stop a discussion with you!:=

monkeyboy
11th Oct 2006, 11:39
Quick one.

Been offered a job on the bus (1st choice LPL) but was advised that line training would probably be out of LGW.

Bearing in mind that I'm doing the TRSS route, do easyJet pay for your accommodation if you do your line training elsewhere, or do they simply make your base the same base that you do your line training out of, hence no requirement for "away-from-base" payments?

PS: Have already emailed "the horse's mouth"....and still waiting for a reply.... :)

Ta!

Pizzaro
12th Oct 2006, 13:20
Monkeyboy,

Do you start getting paid only when you've completed the type rating if you are on TRSS? If so how long doed the TR take?

Regards P.

ScandiAviator
12th Oct 2006, 14:53
Monkeyboy - you might have your line training at other bases than your allocated base. In that case EZY will of course provide accommodation and transportation from your base.

Pizzaro - On TRSS you get paid from the day you do the Skill test on the conversion course. approx. 1½ month

Carmoisine
12th Oct 2006, 16:24
Ryanair may be a good option. Captains get €130,000 a year.

Rallye EI-BFP , No they bloody well don't! You are a teenage PPL student, you would do well to stick to the Private flying forums and flyinginireland.com . You know nothing of what you talk about other then the lies you have read on FRs website.

Tim01
26th Oct 2006, 09:04
Well said Carmoisine:ok: