PDA

View Full Version : SVFR in CTR CAS-T with Royal Flight

steve_atc
30th Sep 2006, 17:18
Is an SVFR flight allowed in or out of the Zone when a Royal Flight is Notam'd for the period?

I know the CAS-T CTR (usually Class A) is set up 15mins before/30mins after etc, how does this affect SVFR?

Thanks

BigBoeing
30th Sep 2006, 17:24
CAS-T is notified as Class A so anything flying not under IFR must be SVFR. The normal rules apply to this. So if youve got a VFR circuit up then 15min before the Royal Flight he must have a SVFR clearance etc etc yada yada

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
30th Sep 2006, 17:26
I'm not familiar with the term "CAS-T CTR" so apologies. If ATC is providing separation there is no reason I am aware of to suspend SVFR ops. At Heathrow no such rule existed. The Royal Family and other VIPs using "Royal Flights" frequently used the airport but, apart from affording priority where possible, other ops were not affected and that included SVFR ops by helicopters and fixed wing traffic. However, if a Royal Flight was scheduled at Heathrow, RAF Northolt used to suspend certain of their operations but whether that applied to SVFR in their corridors I cannot recall.

QRX for up-to-date expertise....

AlanM
30th Sep 2006, 17:41
HD

CAS-T is the newish Controlled Airspace Temporary. As said, places like Farnborough have a small zone up to the base of the LTMA (normally a 10 mile radius excluding the LCTR).

Obviously they can only give SVFR clearances as the CAS-T is Class A. We can't chuck stuff at them on H3/Bagshot or Ascot/south without co-ordination into their Class A.

Huge impact for airfields like Blackbushe and Fairoaks of course.

steve_atc
30th Sep 2006, 17:55
Confusion came when reading my notes - they didnt state that CAS-T is notified Class A, but obviously SVFR and IFR are separated, so there isnt an issue.
Thanks for the help.

Talkdownman
30th Sep 2006, 18:57
I'm not familiar with the term "CAS-T CTR" so apologies.ex-Purple Airspace.......
"Huge impact for airfields like Blackbushe"...Nah, not that huge......thanks to the co-op of the girls at EGLF.......;)

SonicTPA
1st Oct 2006, 23:01
Who you calling a girl?

I guess you were referring to the GM who we left on LARS to suffer the tribulations of CAS-T. It was lucky the weather was crap as it's bloody difficult to do it with more than a couple of aircraft.

Approach was very much a male affair!;)

PA7
3rd Oct 2006, 21:48
Sonic, Talkdownman may be talking about the 'missing link' a big girls blouse if ever there was one.....aint that right Jamie!!