PDA

View Full Version : DURHAM AIRPORT - 3

Pages : 1 [2]

DTVAirport
3rd Jan 2007, 14:17
If the route starts in summer 2008 as the rumour suggests, then by then the facilities will have been upgraded.

GrahamK
3rd Jan 2007, 14:34
And I thought XLA weren't going to be using any 744s this summer :rolleyes:

DTVAirport
3rd Jan 2007, 14:52
Well Jethros is showing XL as not having 744s due anymore, so maybe that plan went out of the window?

onion
3rd Jan 2007, 22:07
Ok to put you all straight MME is more than capable of handling a 744 on a weekly basis. They are currently handling military flights with A330, 747, 767, DC10 on a weekly some times more than weekly basis so a 744 is not going to cause a problem.
Heslop2006 MME catchment area is bigger than NCL so to argue that one is just silly. If it is advertised right by travel agents etc it would sell if it was at MME.

Ops Guy
3rd Jan 2007, 22:42
They are currently handling military flights with A330, 747, 767, DC10 on a weekly some times more than weekly basis so a 744 is not going to cause a problem

Is that with the military entering the terminal or a tarmac transfer on to a bus straight back to Catrick???:rolleyes:

Lancelot37
3rd Jan 2007, 22:47
Heslop2006 MME catchment area is bigger than NCL so to argue that one is just silly. If it is advertised right by travel agents etc it would sell if it was at MME.

I was told by a travel agent years ago that they got a bigger bonus for selling flights from Newcastle than Teesside. (Durham TV)

onion
5th Jan 2007, 15:40
Ops Guy they do pass through the terminal, the only tarmac transfers I know of is the para troopers that go on exercise from MME in Hercs.
Lancelot I too hae heard that rumour but cannot confirm it. What I do know is that if you enter a travel agent in Darlington and ask for a holiday to Palma they will often put NCL as the first prefrence. I have actually been offered NCL, LBA and MAN in that order before i brought it to the attention of the agent that MME was far closer and far more convienent. So yes travel agents for some reason do favour NCL and others over MME.

Lancelot37
5th Jan 2007, 17:26
Is that with the military entering the terminal or a tarmac transfer on to a bus straight back to Catrick???:rolleyes:

The three times that we've been at MME the army personell were routed through the terminal not direct to the a/c.

SWBKCB
7th Jan 2007, 17:25
On another front can anyone enlighten me why the BRU morning flight wasn't showing on the arrivals/departures page of the airport website during the festive period?was it operational or did EZE cancel the route as they often do at this time when business pax aren't travelling as much?
Probably canx - as I found out to my cost last week, the period between Christmas and New Year are officially non-working days for the EU Commision and so might well have been public holidays in Belgium as well...
:{ :{ :{

mmeteesside
7th Jan 2007, 17:33
Out of MME, Eastern have only been flying the last 2 ABZ and the afternoon BRU flights over the festive period. A lot of their routes (probably all of them) have had less flights than they would normally. All back to normal from tomorrow I believe.

Continued on: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=260239