View Full Version : aerial photography

goodlooker
24th Sep 2006, 21:51
I have a question about aerial photography. My friend and i hold CPLs and are part of a group that owns an aircraft on a utility category CofA (i assume thats what i used to call Private CofA). Am i right in assuming that if we wished to advertise our services on the internet as aerial photographers (one flying and the other taking the pictures), we would have to change our CofA to Aerial work to do it legally. Secondly does that have any affect on the other guys who just want to fly it around on a sunday afternoon for pleasure.
I would greatly appreciate any comments as the ANO is making my head hurt!!!

Mark 1
25th Sep 2006, 10:45
Assuming that this is a UK based query, then, besides CofA considerations, you would also need an AOC to do this type of work.

If you don't know what that entails, I would suggest a little more research would be in order. Not inconsiderable effort and expense is required.

goodlooker
25th Sep 2006, 18:38
Thanks for that, i didn't expect to hear an AOC was required as i have flown for companies doing this work who didn't have one as far as i know. I'll keep digging!

Mark 1
25th Sep 2006, 19:28
I think I may have jumped the gun on this one.

I had a quick look at JAR OPS-1, and it doesn;t apply to aerial work with less than 6 POB.

I would think that the maintenance requirements would be covered by CAP 747 (CAA web site).

Insurance would also have to cover aerial work.

It shouldn't have any affect on private use of the same aircraft

goodlooker
26th Sep 2006, 06:38
Thanks, much appreciated, i'll have a look on the CAA web site again. There is a CAA safety sense leaflet on this subject but it seems to give incorrect articles to look at in the ANO. I am at a meeting in the next few weeks that will have a CAA licensing man there, i'll try and grab him for a few minutes as well.