PDA

View Full Version : 2 Week Rosters @ AIH

Scallywag
31st Oct 2001, 13:49
So the Touring Company has put everyone on 2 week rosters due to commercial changes, instead of the normal monthly rosters.

Can anyone out here tell me if this is legal, and have any other companies enforced anything similar in UK. I know we still have our jobs, at the moment, but first the FTL agreement is taken away from us and now this, all without consultation. It does beg the question, what next ??

lostinBRU
31st Oct 2001, 16:17
Scally, not quite with you on your FTL point.

Are you talking about some internal agreement, or the Company breaking the CAA FTL scheme?

FWIW, I don't see anything illegal about a two week roster....... may be not desirable but given current circumstances.......

I hope it all goes well for you, it's going to be a bleak Christmas for many friends and colleagues this year.

Viscount Sussex
31st Oct 2001, 16:46
Scallywag
Sorry, but there's an AIH forum. Don't u think it would be better to discuss it in-house first? Just a thought. Also if u r a member of BALPA or indeed the IPA, they should be able to talk to u about it.

:confused:

maxalt
31st Oct 2001, 18:48
Monthly Roster? You had a monthly roster!!?

Wooooowwwwww! :eek:

Nightmale
31st Oct 2001, 20:22
In a previous life I had a two week roster, and it worked fine. It was issued 4 weeks in advance so you always had 4-6 weeks roster.

Mr Angry from Purley
31st Oct 2001, 21:59
Scallywag. Take note of Viscount Sussex and lost in BRU, you could also speak to your Pilot Manager, why go public, have you an agenda?? If your interested CAP371 states you should have 7 days notice of your days off.

There are people out there loosing jobs now would would be more than willing to swop positions with you if its that bad. Everyone else is heads down and hoping they don't get a redundancy letter in the post, and all you can do is moan about your poxy roster.

Another case of AIH Pilot not knowing how lucky he/she is.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jetgirl
1st Nov 2001, 18:17
we used to get a 7 day roster. Now I dont get any roster at all since I lost my job (2nd time in 2 years) so GET A LIFE.

nightstopmonster
1st Nov 2001, 19:29
Mr Angry from Purley and others have a good point. Keep your head down Scallywag and have a go on the AIH forum if you really have to!!.
(from a AIH pilot also maintaining UB40 avoiding action...)

Bus-Bar
1st Nov 2001, 19:43
Should'nt have signed on the dotted line if you can't take a joke. If you want notice/stability then get a desk job. I'm sure your base Skip will pass your comments onto Crewing.

JB007
1st Nov 2001, 20:20
I did 3 years in "Mosside" Rostering, the chaps there know what there doing.

Isn't it just a case of that time of year, loads of commercial changes, i.e end of Summer programme, Winter programme delayed etc etc...same everywhere mate!

FL310
1st Nov 2001, 21:01
Be lucky to have a 2 weeks roster and able to work it...others got a 4 weeks roster last week and it is all over on Monday....

Scallywag
2nd Nov 2001, 02:07
jetgirl: I empathise with you as I am at the bottom of the list which is why I am so concerned at the lack of communication from the management to guys/girls on the line. That is why I started this thread here instead of on the AIH forum in the hope that others would share their thoughts. FTL scrapped/2 week rosters/skippers being checked out as NON-FLYING in right hand seat only leads me to believe that many of us new blokes are soon for the chop. By the time we get told it will be too late to find a job elsewhere as they will all have been taken. I don’t argue with being first out as I was last in, but would just like a little warning to organise my life and attempt to find employment.

Bus_Bar: As I am probably going to join the unemployed masses in the near future, I take exception to your puerile comment “If you can’t take a joke you shouldn’t have signed on the dotted line”, I don’t find any of this a joke. If you have nothing to contribute, then shut up.

Mr Angry: I have no agenda, just suspect there is a hidden one upstairs which will hit us fairly soon. The pilot managers’ have no information. It is the uncertainty, and worry of providing for my family that forces me to pen this on the open forum, I hope you can understand that.

Nightstopmonster: Nothing I’ve said is “commercial in confidence”. In exceptional times, shouldn't the flightdeck workforce pool its thoughts & ideas on an open forum rather than bitch and moan in private ? Perhaps we could all learn a little more. How many companies are using 911 as an excuse to make sweeping and draconian changes beyond what is necessary to maintain the health of their company.

sincerely, Scallwag :(

757heaven
2nd Nov 2001, 04:18
Hey scally,
I am embarrassed to see a fellow AIH crew member make such statements at this time! As many have just pointed out, we are bloody lucky!
... and no matter what is around the corner nothing you can do will change events. If your fears are that great,shut-up and start looking elsewhere.
TIME-OUT and count your blessings!! :rolleyes: