PDA

View Full Version : Flying (Chartering) in Dubai

worldpilot
23rd Sep 2006, 10:20
I'll be in Dubai from the 16th of October and I would like to charter a plane and fly around. Has anyone been to Dubai and chartered a plane for VFR flights? Any special considerations that have to be taken into copnsiderations? Also, I would appreciate any pointers to FBOs where I could charter a plane.

Thanks

WP

worldpilot
27th Sep 2006, 07:38
It looks like there are no individuals out there that have ever flown (Private Flying, not commercial though) in the Dubai area. I will keep you posted on my findings about this issue during my stay in Dubai.:)

WP

Roundouthigh1
27th Sep 2006, 13:03
Hi, I went to Dubai a few years ago and there was a flying school at the airport, I think it was called Emirates Flying school. It is situated near to the cargo hangars. They needed two passport photgraphs in advance, a copy of your passport and licence. PM me if you want more info,

GK430
27th Sep 2006, 13:23
http://www.jazirahaviationclub.com/index.aspx

Try the above link.
At Dubai itself, the security regime makes it somewhat tiresome to fly in one of their Cherokees unless you are going to be there for a period of time to warrant the energy/time you'll expend trying to organise.

Jazirah Aviation is up in RAK and is a great experience that is not widely marketed. It may not be your thing and you are constrained to flying in RAK airspace. This said, being low over the gulf coastline is exhilarating and flying up in the mountains on a clear day with good vis must be akin to having wings!

It's worth a look and is totally hassle free.

worldpilot
30th Sep 2006, 07:32
Thanks alot for your information. I will check that out and see what possibilities and opportunities are available.

WP