PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 421C Information Required

Oxeagle
22nd Sep 2006, 11:52
Good afternoon guys,
I'm trying to put together a projection of running costs for a Cessna 421C. Could anyone who owns or operates one of these aircraft give me an estimate of the running costs involved? Please feel free to PM me.
Many thanks,

Ox

Flyin'Dutch'
23rd Sep 2006, 08:12
There is a current 421C driver on the flyer forums and PPLIR site and an ex-driver on here (2Donkeys) who hangs out on here and the flyer forums.

You could PM them.

Nice aeroplanes.

blue up
23rd Sep 2006, 17:56
Barry Eustance (possibly Virgin FO?) and Balpa rep ran one for a few years as "Aerienne" out of EGHI. Might be worth a try.

If you speak to him, can you ask him for my £124 back?:hmm:

Oxeagle
23rd Sep 2006, 18:06
Thanks for your leads guys, and I certainly will blue_up :)

Cowboy-76
25th Sep 2006, 19:08
Great aeroplane but getting expensive to run these days due to the price of 100LL and the new SID maintenance inspection which will cost you around £45,000 to complete.

I have spent many happy hours flying Golden Eagles all over Europe and as piston engined machines go it's the best there is.:D

They are really nice aeroplane to fly and very nice for passengers to with a lovely quiet cabin.

If you can go for a later one with trailing link landing gear it will make all your landings silky smooth:ok: and it is much nicer when taxying.