PDA

View Full Version : Low flying at Chipping Warden

modelman
21st Sep 2006, 20:43
Driving home form work tonight north toward Daventry,I became aware of 2 light a/c at low level heading east possibly toward Turweston or Hinton.Almost looked liked dogfighting with the rearmost weaving about a bit.Thought they looked pretty low and close to each other.Both low wing,poss PA28's.
Looked a bit dodgy to this student pilot.
Anyone else see them?
MM

Flyin'Dutch'
22nd Sep 2006, 00:38
Anyone else see them?

Better than that! Got 'm with the 'ack 'ack

:} :}

david viewing
22nd Sep 2006, 10:52
Did they set off that speed camera in Chipping Warden?

helicopter-redeye
22nd Sep 2006, 13:47
Could be RAF Tucanos. Low wing, fly low and like "dogfighting".

h-r ( a frequent victim...);)

max roll rate
22nd Sep 2006, 15:15
I am not a student, it was not dodgy, but with a 60k headwind at 4000 ft it was much quicker lower down, no rules broken 2 very experienced pilots no problem

Cowboy-76
24th Sep 2006, 09:13
They can't take this flying lark very seriously.

They should be a member of the 'Cowboys Flying Club' ;)

drambuster
24th Sep 2006, 17:44
Modelman - your post sounds like the frigging thought police. I go flying to get away from people with that kind of attitude. If you were a CFI or other high hours then such an observation is fair enough if they judge it was too low (contravention of Rule 5)..... but as a student I think you should keep such comments to yourself ! I have no doubt they were above 500' and if they have the ability to fly in formation then good luck to them .... what fun! Who are you to judge? I strongly suggest you concentrate on your own skill development and think twice before ratting on fellow pilots (when you become one that is)

shortstripper
24th Sep 2006, 17:53
Awww don't be mean! Modelman was only making an observation and judgement is just that ... I'm sure if he thinks about it, he'd judge that they were well over 500' away (don't forget slant angle). isn't that right modelman? :ok:

SS

modelman
24th Sep 2006, 19:05
I don't recall saying anyone was too low or breaking any rules.I stated that I was a student pilot ( by definition 'a learner') in the hope that I might learn something to be able to fly like these guys.
I stand not in judgement but in awe-don't believe I ratted on anyone.
I'm no thought police-especially after the real police have sought to curtail my other activity-motorbikes.
MM

drambuster
24th Sep 2006, 19:14
Looked a bit dodgy to this student pilot.
Anyone else see them?
MM
.... looks like ratting to me :ugh: Just be careful how you 'praise' other pilots in future then. Suggest we drop it now

modelman
24th Sep 2006, 19:26
Out............

NeedaJet
24th Sep 2006, 20:07
All's well that ends well then!
Glad I'm a fully signed up member of the Cowboys Flying Club! Yeehaa!:) :) :)

max roll rate
25th Sep 2006, 09:41
Now where did I put those spurs? :ok: Modelman I did feel a slight inference of wrong doing in your post hence the short reply, you will find during you flying career that there are people who will always be quick to judge others, sometimes without knowing all the facts and Relevant information of an incident, so try not to become one of these types and you will find that the more experienced of the flying fraternity will talk to you more openly of more daring deeds and pass on much great knowledge from there flying experiences. I hope you continue to enjoy your training and if you ever find your self at Turweston and come find me and I will be more than pleased to show you around.
Max Roll Rate