PDA

View Full Version : Manchester GA Handling

DocLeaf
20th Sep 2006, 15:57
Could anyone advise please - what's the situation for handling GA now - seem to remember this could be done through the club last year ??

pistongone
20th Sep 2006, 16:04
Better off going into Barton if your plane fits! Its nearer the centre of Manchester and cheaper.

DocLeaf
20th Sep 2006, 20:34
Done that thanks, it was ok but wrong end of Manchester for me

pistongone
21st Sep 2006, 08:28
Well in that case i think its Service Air then, or maybe if you want to be south of manchester maybe Woodford? Not sure if they are accepting GA though:confused: The last time i checked, it would be in the region of £150 to land and stay for a day at MCR, but you do get a "FREE" minibus ride to the EXECUTIVE terminal. One other thought is Ashcroft, brians landing? Off to the S/W By 15 miles, but a taxi for that would be MUCH cheaper than MCR:ok: All boils down to money i suppose:{ :{

Whirlybird
21st Sep 2006, 08:32
Give the club a call. I can't remember their name or number, but someone at MAN would certainly know. They were certainly doing it last year - £35 landing fee and no problems at all.

pistongone
21st Sep 2006, 08:40
Which club is that Whirly? I flew into barton last time on business and it would have been MUCH more impresive to take the pax into MCR but i was quoted stupid money by Service Air, any info for future use would be greatly appreciated.

funfly
21st Sep 2006, 08:58
Manchester School of Flying
0161 436 2222

G-BYZD