PDA

View Full Version : jar-ops landing within 60% of LDA

trot
18th Sep 2006, 14:48
Folks,

Interpretation of JAR-OPS regs is sometimes difficult. Here is my problem.

Landing within 60% of LDA at destination and alternate. Does this rule only apply to the preflightphase or as well for inflight.

e.g.
I take-off with an ESTLW that meets the 60% rule, but for whatever reason ( wet rwy etc…) I can no longer comply with it. Since the circumstances changed while I was inflight, do I still need comply with the 60% rule.
Reading through JAR-OPS it says” at the start of take-off”, which I complied with, but circumstances in flight caused me to be outside the 60% limit.

This question relates to pure legal purposes and standpoint and not what one would do with common sense or personal preferences.

Thanks folks

Cheers trot

eyeinthesky
18th Sep 2006, 15:23
I thought it was 70%... but that might be a different performance category.

JAR-OPS rules of this kind are all for consideration at the planning stage. If you cannot comply with the plan when airborne, then it is up to you to decide what to do.

Of course, should you end up with your nosewheel buried in the mud at the end of the (wet) runway, and the TAFs from the time you were making your plan showed a good chance that it would be raining at the time of your ETA, you might be in a difficult position with the investigator..

speedrestriction
18th Sep 2006, 19:06
According to JAR:

Jet A/C allowed use 60% of LDA (LDR x 1.67)

Propeller A/C allowed use 70% of LDA (LDR x 1.43)

SR