PDA

View Full Version : UK Intro Flight - Passport

Leeham
17th Sep 2006, 16:17
I'm 16 and wish to do an introduction flight ASAP, I have the money and found a local flight school - they havn't responded to my email in like...a week..

So can I do an intro flight if I don't have a passport?

A2QFI
17th Sep 2006, 18:18
Leeham, 2 things. If they have received your e mail and haven't responded they don't want your business, I guess! Can you try somewhere else? Purely for my information, what does having a passport have to do with a trial flying lesson?

JetSetJ
17th Sep 2006, 18:50
Hi there Leeham,

From my experience you don't need a passport if you want to fly a trial flying lesson as you're likely to stay within proximity of the airfield.

With regards to them not replying to your e-mail, i would search for other companies, A2QFI says they obviously don't want your business.

Hope this helps, enjoy your trial flight:ok:

JetSetJ

2close
17th Sep 2006, 19:36
Where are you living Leeham?

I'm sure someone on these pages will be able to point you towards a decent school close to home that would be happy to do business with you.

HTH

2close

Leeham
18th Sep 2006, 14:42
Leeham, 2 things. If they have received your e mail and haven't responded they don't want your business, I guess! Can you try somewhere else? Purely for my information, what does having a passport have to do with a trial flying lesson?
I thought they'd need some decent I.D, otherwise they could be letting anyone in the cockpit

Where are you living Leeham?
I live in Stockton On Tees. My family doesn't drive...

rudestuff
18th Sep 2006, 16:13
Passports are for getting into countries.
Even with ID - they could still be letting anyone in the cockpit! Anyway, if someone wanted to do damage they could just get on a bus and grab the wheel at 40mph - and hurt a lot more people. Perhaps they want to do a cavity search too?

jorism84
18th Sep 2006, 18:28
Try Cleveland Flying School . http://www.clevelandflying.co.uk/ Tel 01325332855.
I've had no problems with them (currently doing my ppl), and they have a relaxed, laid back atmosphere. The other alternative is St Georges Flying School, I dont know much about this club. These are both situated at Durham Tees Valley, best thing to do is give them a ring and have a walk round and maybe talk with a few of the instructors in the bar. Good Luck with your flying Mate.
Jon.

Aim High
18th Sep 2006, 21:23
I was recently verbally advised that taking passport numbers for all pilots including those experiencing Trial Lessons helps the authorities in the 'tracking process' should there be a need to trace persons in the future.
It is not mandatory.

slim_slag
19th Sep 2006, 07:01
Well, not giving somebody your business because they missed a single email might be unfair. They might be a good school with bad anti-spam software. Just go round and see what their instructors are like and whether they look after you in person, that's somewhat more important.

Leeham
19th Sep 2006, 17:04
Try Cleveland Flying School .
I've had no problems with them (currently doing my ppl), and they have a relaxed, laid back atmosphere. The other alternative is St Georges Flying School, I dont know much about this club. These are both situated at Durham Tees Valley, best thing to do is give them a ring and have a walk round and maybe talk with a few of the instructors in the bar. Good Luck with your flying Mate.
Jon.
I was going to, but their websites been down for weeks.

planecrazy.eu
19th Sep 2006, 21:37
Just give them a ring. Email is nice and convinient, but things get lost easier on servers than they do in the post. Plus if you ring they aint going to say no, unless they are really well booked for a while...

As for a passport, dont worry about it, when i had my trial lesson, they never asked for any ID what so ever. I am sure that some places do take id numbers down, but i cant see this been a problem...

Give em a ring and get it booked, it will be the best thing you have ever done, but it may hit your pocket money as you will get hooked...