PDA

View Full Version : Isle of Man Register?

The Real Slim Shady
17th Sep 2006, 14:10
Can anyone shed any light on the plan for the IOM to set up it's own register and Authority?

There was an ad in Flight a while back for a senior neddy.

Ronaldsway Radar
17th Sep 2006, 16:17
Last I heard it's happening sooner rather than later, and the actions are in place to prepare for it....but not heard anything about it for a while now sorry!

Will see what I can find out :) .

Cheers,
RR.

jabberwok
21st Sep 2006, 06:12
The Department of Trade & Industry, in conjunction with the Civil Service Commission, is pleased to announce the appointment of the first Director of Civil Aviation for the Isle of Man.

The post, which has been created specifically to progress the establishment of an aircraft register in the Isle of Man, is to be filled by Brian Johnson, an aviation professional with a wide experience in civil aviation regulation.

I tried to ring Brian yesterday but he's on holiday and so the phone call got transferred to the IoM Finance Dept. No one there had a clue what I was talking about.

So, for now, it's just one bloke setting up an aircraft register - nothing more. The IoM business community cover the subject on a few web sites and it appears they are targeting the corporate jet market but I can't find out if this is exclusively the case.