PDA

View Full Version : About the 'Reminder about advertising' thread.

Dan Winterland
16th Sep 2006, 02:04
It's been locked, so I've started a new thread.

OK, I'm sure everyone understands that PPRuNe has to monitor posts for advertising, but not everyone has the resources to pay for a banner ad for a whole month. So how about a 'Classifieds Forum' where for a small fee, ads could be placed for instructor jobs, headsets, books etc. The cost will generate some income for PPRuNe and shouldn't infringe on the business of the of the banner purchasers who are advertising to a greater audience.

How about it, Danny and the Mods?

Whirlybird
16th Sep 2006, 06:07
Absolutely brilliant idea....if anyone wants my opinion. :ok:

After all, Joe Bloggs' one-man flying school who needs another instructor on a few busy summer weekends isn't going to take a banner ad, is he? Neither is one of Joe Bloggs' ex-students, who liked the course so much he's now doing an ATPL, and wants to sell his Trevor Thom books. Or the ex-student's friend, who bought everything a pilot could conceivably need and then some, but gave up flying when he realised it actually involved work and studying. Or, or..... Yes, please mods, go for it!

Charlie Foxtrot India
16th Sep 2006, 08:10
I'll pass your ideas on to the boss.

I agree a kind of "classifieds" could be good, as long as it was kept separate from the main threads. Not up to me but I'll ask.

Cheers

Charlie Foxtrot India
18th Sep 2006, 08:58
Meanwhile some folks still persist in trying to use this forum for free advertising.

Please don't tempt me to put any of you in the "sin bin"!