PDA

View Full Version : help please

altalhi
15th Sep 2006, 22:42
Hi all
Gent’s, I am from KSA and I would like to ask you about study on Canada .I am looking for good collage on aviation could anyone advice me please???.:confused:
Thanks for corporation

wannabepilot1531
16th Sep 2006, 16:13
Here's a link that may help you out. But first, are you looking to get a College/university education along with your flight training? or just the flight training?

AvCanada - http://www.avcanada.ca/links.html

altalhi
21st Sep 2006, 05:39
wannabepilot1531 thanks for your reply ,iam looking to get a College/university education along with your flight training? if you have any info;s about cost &good college plz, feed me back thank u

wannabepilot1531
22nd Sep 2006, 02:54
The best flight colleges to my knowledge in all of canada are in ontario. The top ones are...

COLLEGES:
1. Sault College http://www.saultc.on.ca/Programs/AviationFlight.htm .... http://www.saultcollege.ca/Aviation/ (2 different links here)
2. Seneca College http://www.senecac.on.ca/fulltime/FPR.html
3. Confederation College http://www.confederationc.on.ca/flight-mgmt/calendar/default.asp

UNIVERSITIES
1. Western http://www.ssc.uwo.ca/deansoffice/acs/aviation/
2. Waterloo http://www.aviation.uwaterloo.ca/index.html (new prgram, starts in 2007)

hope this helps, let me know if you need any more info on these courses.

Aaron

Wylee coyote
22nd Sep 2006, 03:40
Moncton Flying Club is also good. I know at least 100 or more pilots who learned there that are now flying for majors.:ok:

Panama Jack
22nd Sep 2006, 06:32
Compared to the United States, there are no "good" aviation college programs. Consider that Saudi Aramco sends their cadet pilots to the University of North Dakota for ab-initio training. The Saudi aviation scene is more set-up for FAA licence holders. Plenty of N-registered aircraft operating in KSA, and the Saudi aviation system is modeled on the US one. The entire Saudi Aramco fleet is N-registered.

The disadvantages, especially for a young Saudi studying aviation in the USA these days is the requirement for Transportation Security Administration (TSA) approval on every step of the training process (this does not just affect Saudis or Arabs but rather all non-US nationals), as well as the general suspicion surrounding Saudis studying aviation post-September 11th, 2001. Those Saudis that I have known have told me that they were under considerably scruitiny during their training program. Not exactly a-typical of what happens in KSA, however in the USA, when it directed against a minority and especially outsiders, obviously less than pleasant. Which is probably why you are asking about Canada . . .

altalhi
24th Sep 2006, 18:28
hi
*wylee coyote. thanks for comments
*panama jack.thank u but could u clear your massage more plz .what do u mean of collage programe isn't effective??
#Aaron.
I appreciated your comments &I’ll contact u later after check all sits

Panama Jack
26th Sep 2006, 05:20
Depends on what you want. Are you looking for flight training only or combining that with an aviation-based university degree?

In the US there are many 4-year Bachellor Degree programs from very prestigious universities that have an excellent worldwide industry reputation. I'm talking about schools like Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, University of North Dakota, Parks College, etc.

Canada has traditionally only had 2-year "diplomas." A few years ago some started a 4-year degree program. I really cannot comment on the quality of these, however, the aforementioned US universities have the long track record and industry reputation.

CanAV8R
26th Sep 2006, 10:12
wannabepilot1531 The best flight colleges to my knowledge in all of canada are in ontario. The top ones are...
A typical response from someone who lives in Toronto. Look out west mate in BC and Alberta as you will find some very good schools. Selkirk College in Castlegar is excellent as is Mount Royal in Calgary. The best part about training out west is you don't have to live in Ontario!
:ugh:

dewarg
26th Sep 2006, 13:07
There is also a large part of Canada East of Ontario.

spencer101
26th Sep 2006, 18:59
spoken like a true westerner:}

I do think thoes schools are good though. If I had to do it over again I would have gotten my JAR licence from the School in Moncton. But that wasn't an option when I was in school.

ea340
26th Sep 2006, 20:44
I flown with grads from Selkirk, Mount Royal ,Confed, Sault, Seneca before it became a university program only in it's third year now,Moncton ,UND and Embry Riddle all great schools. In the end it is what you do after you leave. I know several grads from above the schools who never turned a wheel after they graduated it was not for them. Luck timing and net working play just as an important a role. I have visited with friends and relatives most of the above schools and would have no problem recommending any of them. Each has it's advantages . UWO and Seneca now have programs that are not far off UND and Embry Riddle for a fraction of the cost. I started flying before the aviation college program started so no real bias. Pilots in Canada are sending there kids to all of the above schools which just about says it all. If money is no object and you are from the KSA look at Oxford Air Training in the UK and a frozen ATPL. In Canada Moncton and Cabair in the UK work together for JARS licencing at a fraction of the cost. If I were to do it again in Canada it would be UWO or Seneca. Good luck .

FirasAdi
28th Sep 2006, 10:55
Hi there:

I have seen your request regarding looking for education besdies flight training and I would suggest you come to Georgina College. They have a 3 year Aviation Managemnt program plus one year of coop. I have finished the program my self and doing flight traning myself before I return to jeddah inshallah to search for a job.

wannabepilot1531
28th Sep 2006, 22:55
Where is Georgina College? unless you meant Georgian, did you?

saudipc-9
29th Sep 2006, 02:18
Why don't you join the RSAF and learn how to fly at KFAA?

expatcdn
29th Sep 2006, 06:05
Hi all
Gent’s, I am from KSA and I would like to ask you about study on Canada .I am looking for good collage on aviation could anyone advice me please???.:confused:
Thanks for corporation

Just wondering why you would say you are from KSA, and why you wouldn't just say Saudi Arabia....hence the "K" being "Kingdom".:= :oh:

FirasAdi
29th Sep 2006, 10:31
Hi again,

Sorry I meant Georgian College and its located in Barrie, Ontario. They're program is really great and we also have agreement with Griffith University in Australia to get into Masters of Aviation Management and get it in one year.

Lots of our graduates are either big managers working in the Gulf, few with Gulf Air and most here in Canada at GTAA or Airlines.

Hope that helps.

Firas

altalhi
30th Sep 2006, 20:05
Thanks for all
Sir, saudipc-9, that was my dream but unfortunately my weight was less then requirement (51) that time.

My brother Expatcdn, no comment