View Full Version : Reverse Thrust - Advice Please

TightSlot
15th Sep 2006, 20:47
Please could some kind technical soul offer some good advice on a thread we have running in the PAX/SLF forum, entitled (click for link) Thrust reversers (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243842)

There is a lot of comment, but not all is informed, and so some knowledge would be welcome.

Thanks, in anticipation of your help.

Tarq57
15th Sep 2006, 23:10
I would have thought a lot of the replies on that thread quite informative, and well informed.
Precisely what is it you want to know?

barit1
16th Sep 2006, 02:09
I pretty much agree w/Markjoy. T/R use varies quite a bit depending on the circumstance, idle reverse is quite common (quite quiet too), brake wear is a consideration too.

My only comment is that T/R use is not "free"; although the fuel used is negligible, the vulnerability to FOD & erosion can be rather expensive, especially in sandy environments.

TightSlot
16th Sep 2006, 08:11
At the time of my request here, input to the thread consisted of that supplied by the user asking the question, a PPL, a Frequent Flyer and somebody with at least some degree of technical knowledge. The thread now benefits from some more professional input, as I had hoped and is the better for it - many thanks.