PDA

View Full Version : JAR IEM's

AFCAS TARGET
14th Sep 2006, 21:27
Tried the old search but can't find out an exact old thread. Where can I read the JAR's Part 2. The IEM's and other bits, the JAA website seems to lead me to a dead end.:ugh:

The Real Slim Shady
17th Sep 2006, 14:08
I think that's a wallet opener: you have to pay for those I'm afraid.

AFCAS TARGET
21st Sep 2006, 09:17
Thanks Slim,

I was talking to one of my captains and he said there is a book out there written by a couple of guys basically interpreting the JARs in plain english, (kind of IEM type talk, what it all really means). His was in French so no good to me. Anyone heard of it, or have a title.

The Real Slim Shady
21st Sep 2006, 15:03
You can't interpret JARs in plain or plane English I'm afraid.

The concept of a single authority was supposed to overcome the variations; however, each Authority still interprets the wording how they chose to.

You only have to look at the interpretation of FTLs from 1 to another to see that and in the UK CAP 371 overrides the JAR anyway.

Just a couple of examples: if your AOC has 10 aircraft listed on it, does that mean 10 airborne or owned or leased? Does it include ACMI or wet lease?

If you go and do a Command upgrade but fail, if your LPC in the RHS is still in date can you just jump back into the RHS without doing another complete LPC?

:ugh: