PDA

View Full Version : Today's weather UK - 13th Sept

5milesbaby
14th Sep 2006, 00:53
Just want to say thankyou to all the pilots and also to TC Southbank after todays manic sessions this afternoon - it was far from pretty and the hardest I've worked in over 5 years but we all got there eventually! Lets hope its a one-off :mad:

MancBoy
14th Sep 2006, 08:41
"far from pretty"

I know you've got some mingers over there but they're not all that bad!

Glad I was on leave then.

5milesbaby
14th Sep 2006, 09:48
Having re-read my first post I realise its a little TC bias and that the rest of TC should be included as I know NE Deps/Lambourne and East took a battering from Clacton (not my bit fortunately bar about 2) and Capital suffered with us not being able to get everything down, level and streamed, so cheers to those folks too :ok:

point5
14th Sep 2006, 10:55
Thanks from LL Deps too to you TC guys. Almost every aircraft I was tryin'a launch couldn't take the SID, especially the BPKs which ended up to the south-east of the field. Good job!

anotherthing
14th Sep 2006, 12:23
'twas an interesting afternoon on south, with KK Clactons and DVRS asking to head NNE etc etc and LL DVRS wanting to head NE as well.

Thanks to everybody for working as a team - Shame that Barron and the beancounters are not present on days like that to see how hard we all actually work and how difficult and scary it can be :ok:

DenhamPPL
14th Sep 2006, 15:34
I was mightily impressed by the co-operation between air and ground on 119.725 last night. The lady ATC kept her cool despite everyone having to turn this way or that for ages to avoid the CBs.

I'm just a (nearly qualified) PPL but I have to hand it to you guys and girls - SUPERB WORK:ok:and without any sort of weather radar:confused:

Andy

PS: I was due to fly yesterday but grounded myself and listened in from the relative safety of my home...