View Full Version : Silverjet

Pages : [1] 2

TightSlot
13th Sep 2006, 08:44
The Silverjet Thread

oneroam
29th Sep 2006, 14:07
HI,

Just wondering if anybody has been offered a job with 'silverjet'?

I received an email yesterday saying that they still have my cv on file and that they are holding interviews in November and they would like me to attend one of the dates. The training course is for February.

Has anyone else received an emails inviting them for an interview in November?

Any thoughts on the company so far as you all have been very quiet!!

Let us know

tart1
29th Sep 2006, 16:54
oneroam I had an interview date in August but I couldn't go to it as I had 'flu. I was offered another date the week after but I was due to be away on holiday then so I gave up on the idea completely.

A couple of days ago, I received an email from Amanda Muir to say that she had kept my details on file and, if I was interested, they were interviewing in November for the 'second intake' to start training in February.

I think I might give it another go. I would also be interested in hearing about anyone who has been offered the job and also about the training when it starts. :ok:

Mefly
29th Sep 2006, 17:58
Hi

I've been offered a position with Silverjet. The training is now starting in november. I'll let you know how it goes once we get started.

:)

JETTERAWAY
1st Oct 2006, 21:30
I was offered flight manager but turned it down. I was told training would start in October and now I see it's November-bet it doesn't start in December. I couldn't afford to wait, especially as it might never actually 'take off' ( sorry!)

FLYING_HOSTIE
2nd Oct 2006, 07:52
I had an email from Amanda aswell informing me of more interviews... Not sure what to do about it, I really dont want to rack up a list of airlines on my CV, and as great as it would be to start an airline from day 1, and it to be sucsessful its a huge risk.. Think I may wait to see how it goes before I make any decisions.. Also I want to know what the uniform is like! lol.

Fuel Crossfeed
2nd Oct 2006, 13:21
Flying hostie - Silverjet have bought out Flyjet if that helps with any decisions.

teachin
2nd Oct 2006, 19:02
Anyone know where their offices are at Luton?

I am adding this bit this morning:
I submitted my CV late last night, well beyond office hours and I got a reply within 15 minutes, my details are to be passed on and they will be in touch! Impressed by how quick they responded! Promising.
Teachin

lollytosser
8th Oct 2006, 08:16
Hi everyone
I'm new to this site, so it was with interest that I read your comments on Silverjet.
I was invited to an interview in August and had to go a long way to get there, which was fine as it was my choice. My observation was that if you are "mature" like me forget it. NO one on my interview day who was say 35 plus got through, plus anyone who seemed to have any hint of an accent. I've since heard rumours that they don't want to employ anyone over the age of 30. I did find Martin Barnes rather unusual in so far as that if he didn't like a question tht was asked or didn't think it relevant,he set about trying to make a fool of that person.Not what I would call professional. Anyway would be interested to hear how people are progressing with them. Thought the concept was good.

SuperBoy
8th Oct 2006, 12:33
I did find Martin Barnes rather unusual

Hehe, he's actually called Martyn Bridger. :8 He must've made quite an impression. :p:p:p:p

Lollytosser consider yourself lucky is all I can say. MB has quite a colourful history and none of it's good.

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
8th Oct 2006, 18:45
Can I make a suggestion that people wo are so scathing about this concept start up a 'Silverjet Slagging' thread? Some of us are very excited about the jobs we have been offered and are looking forward to starting. I am well aware before you all start that you are entitled to opinions but can you please consider others before saying things like 'lucky escape' etc.
For your information, people over 35 have been employed and there are also Polish, Italian and other varying nationalities of crew starting on the training course so I'm afraid that theory is blown out of the water.
Silverjet have acquired Flyjet and Skylease, hence the slight delay to the training course but it is is all confimed now for a November start, anticipating a January launch date.
Once again I'm well aware of people rights to opinion but please be considerate of the people who are excited about their new roles and the constant slagging off of the company is getting tiresome.
Thanks.

SuperBoy
8th Oct 2006, 19:08
Some of us are very excited about the jobs we have been offered and are looking forward to starting.

Great, it does make life easier when you enjoy your job.

I am well aware before you all start that you are entitled to opinions

If your are aware of this then why don't you let those who have them make them.

'lucky escape' etc.

For some it was, which I understand can be quite disconcerting for those who have chosen to take the oppurtunity they were given.

I really do hope it all works out for you and I must say it is quite refreshing to see someone standup for a company which very few have any faith in.:D

Ps. I'm not bitter over not getting the job, in fact I was offered a position and turned it down.

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
8th Oct 2006, 19:14
I'm perfectly happy for people to express an opinion but using phrases such as 'consider yourself lucky' is particularly harsh and it is not nice to keep seeing the company being slated so harshly before it's even started. I don't care if you express things, it would just be nice to be slightly more considerate of the people who are happy to have got the job.

It doesn't make me lose sleep but I just get annoyed to keep seeing people on and on with their negativity.

:ugh:

Oh and I haven't found any of the comments 'disconcerting' as I am perfectly capable of making my own decisions and I think it is going to be an exciting opportunity, I won't let the whingers on here stop me being excited about it. As I've said before, with anything new there is a risk, but I'm prepared to take it, if things go wrong, they go wrong there is other airlines, but is they go well then I'm in from the start and in good stead for my career.

BestonBoard
8th Oct 2006, 19:27
Evening folks... I also am an employee of Silverjet, and it does seem taht wherever we turn at the minute, we Soon to be SilverService deliverers are facing a lot of slander and underhanded comments... Can I just say, The company is confirming the launch date within the next couple of weeks, and will be taking bookings with effect from that day. The launch aircraft is secured from Flyjet, we have an AOC, an international licence, Training facilities supplied, moving in to our head office October 16th, the 30 min check in lounge is now being built in the private jet terminal at LTN. Silverjet only recruited 60 crew this time round, they are interviewing for a further 80 as of November once training has begun, they now have a lease of 5 aircraft altogether, with the next being delivered March 2007. If any of you work for Thomsonfly at present, you will see this news on your intranet... I'm informed. Martyn Bridger has nothing but respect for his employees, as does Laurence Hunt CEO... so to be honest, with most of the execs coming from BA, Excel Airways and other very well established UK Based Airlines, they must be doing something right! Lets keep an open mind eh folks? You don't know if yoi don't try!!!:ugh:

SuperBoy
8th Oct 2006, 20:10
BecauseCIDSsays_so!

Good for you!!!

BestonBoard
10th Oct 2006, 22:20
Stewies and Stewesses, check out Silverjets all interactive on line booking website! First flight 25th Jan '07! Luton to Newark... I guess I'm biased being part of the inaugral crew, but you can't deny it all looks VVVVEEEERRRYYY professional... Recruiting now for SilverService Crew for the next A/C delivered in March... 80 needed! Daily flights to New York, 36 Hour stop overs in swanky hotels, in the big apple itself! 762... 102 Sicma Aeroseat Flatbeds, 1 IFm, 2 Psrs and 5 crew per flight... it sounds too good to be true, but it's not! It's fact... ok, so we now own flyjet, skylease and skypeople... guess the business men at the top have got their thinking caps on!!! I hope you'll consider applying, send your CV, One full length Photo and one passport photo to pleasehireme@silverjet .com... wot have you got to lose??? A little faith goes a long way... this also applies for 76/75 type rated F/D too... nothing ventured nothing gained! :)

BMED LHR
11th Oct 2006, 07:53
Stewies and Stewesses, check out Silverjets all interactive on line booking website! First flight 25th Jan '07! Luton to Newark... I guess I'm biased being part of the inaugral crew, but you can't deny it all looks VVVVEEEERRRYYY professional... Recruiting now for SilverService Crew for the next A/C delivered in March... 80 needed! Daily flights to New York, 36 Hour stop overs in swanky hotels, in the big apple itself! 762... 102 Sicma Aeroseat Flatbeds, 1 IFm, 2 Psrs and 5 crew per flight... it sounds too good to be true, but it's not! It's fact... ok, so we now own flyjet, skylease and skypeople... guess the business men at the top have got their thinking caps on!!! I hope you'll consider applying, send your CV, One full length Photo and one passport photo to pleasehireme@silverjet .com... wot have you got to lose??? A little faith goes a long way... this also applies for 76/75 type rated F/D too... nothing ventured nothing gained! :)

I agree the website does look nice .And Congratulations on getting silverjet a few people I know have got the job . Most of them BMED !! , You must be excited . What's the interview like ? And did they tell you what the money would be like etc . Tell us more very excited !;)

CandyBender
11th Oct 2006, 08:40
Martyn Bridger???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The man solely responsible for tha last BA cabin crew strike and many c/crew leaving Maersk/Duo when he arrived there......

Good luck with the start up but beware when you are up & running :)

BMED LHR
11th Oct 2006, 09:13
All I can say is look at Virgin Atlantic ,
It started in 1984 , With one Aircraft to New york (EWR) . And look at them now , They are the 3rd largest Airline in the Uk . Also Maxjet is doing very well on the route , They will never loose passenger's on such a good route .

And how Silverjet treat's it's Cabin Crew. Well let's all wait and see , And if your looking for a Airline that pays well . Well of course it's BA LHR EF/WW , As I can see there are not many member's/ pages for BA LHR ...They must be all out there spending there cash .

Brian Fantana
11th Oct 2006, 13:34
BMED LHR, all I can say is look at Freddie Lakers Skytrain.
Will be interesting to see what happens with the routes and the buy out. There seems to be a lot of competition across the pond.
Hope things go well.

BMED LHR
11th Oct 2006, 14:03
BMED LHR, all I can say is look at Freddie Lakers Skytrain.
Will be interesting to see what happens with the routes and the buy out. There seems to be a lot of competition across the pond.
Hope things go well.

Freddie Laker went bust , Because BA made there fare's the same or less then skytrain . And there where problem's at the time with the DC10 Aircraft and people did not want to fly on them . Also Virgin Prides itself on being the the same Airline as Laker Airways .And Don't forget the Dirty trick's issue that Virgin won , Let's just wait and see and be happy for the new Airline .

I don't think BA can sell club to New York for £800 , most the Passenger's use miles to upgrade and silverjet , Is an Airline which is for people like myself who would love to go to New York for £800 for a weekend break . I paid £650 return hotline tickets for W+ . it's much cheaper and its business class , I say good luck silverjet !!!;)

PS . I do like the fact you know Laker Airways , I like someone that knows there info .
good conversation , Take care

SuperBoy
11th Oct 2006, 14:26
I don't think BA can sell club to New York for £800

They could but they won't :p However there is alot more to the club brand than there is to just doing flights there and back. Like you said it is great for people who do a there and back ie. w/e in nyc.

most the Passenger's use miles to upgrade

Not necessarily true, yes some do use miles to upgrade but the club cabin is responsible for the majority of BAs profit

At the end of the day you can't compare the products the airlines offer as they are so vastly different. The best one can do is to appreciate it for what it is. ;)

BMED LHR
11th Oct 2006, 16:24
Ok Mr Brain fair point !!
Hope your well :)

CandyBender
11th Oct 2006, 16:53
As an example BA's cheapest LHR-JFK-LHR midweek in Feb is just under £2100 return inc taxes, or £4350 fully flexible....8 flights a day to JFK and another 2-3 to EWR, and they are busy with high yeilding apax....it's the bread and butter route that pays the bills. Off season you may well get an upgrade on miles, but at peak times forget it.....

Max Jet created a new market for themselves & it appears that SilverJet are doing the same - BA/VS/AA traffic to JFK has barely been dented by Max Jet & Eos from STN.....the frequent flyer programmes & corporate accounts will keep most customers with the legacy carriers.

Best of luck to you all in carving out a new market but do watch out for MB, as he will be watching to see where he can put the knife in.

teachin
14th Oct 2006, 13:26
Janauary now, not November, hmm, Now Airlines comes to mind, will it happen? Today on the news was a report on longhaul carriers,Zoom was mentioned, nothing about Silverjet...One just wonders why it wasn´t mentioned as it seems there should be PR people there gagging for publicity.

Teachin

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
14th Oct 2006, 18:28
Oh...here we go again, we had a few positive comments and someone has to go on again don't they! :ugh: :ugh:
Teachin- it's January because they are doing things properly, we are getting proper training which takes time, the aircraft are being totally gutted and refitted, which takes time and things are going very swimmingly at the moment. Can you not just think that they might be taking their time and not rushing it to ensure that things are done right? Just becuase they weren't mentioned in a news article doesn't mean they are doomed. Zoom is doing low-cost flights, no frills, not full business class, yes we will be doing low cost business class but it's full frills and no corner cutting. Hence the time they are taking to put everything in place properly. They have all the certificates and licenses, they have the funding and they have aircraft. The seats are on sale now and the launch date is set. I believe you had posted on here that you sent your CV, if you're so negative, it makes one wonder why you bothered and I hope I don't ever have to fly with you as I like to have positive crew to work with.
Please give us a break- why can't people just think positively. We are kept very well informed by the company and everything is going to plan. Just becuase the training and launch dates have changed once or twice doesn't mean it's all going to fail. I worked at a children's day nursery many years ago before I flew and we changed our opening date 3 or 4 times due to building and paperwork delays- 5 years on its going strong- give things a chance PLEASE!
Rant over.

BMED LHR
14th Oct 2006, 18:38
:D :D :D
Your got my vote , I think Silverjet has a great concept and the website is great . I'm looking forward to seeing your Aircraft / Uniform's etc ...

Good Luck to the new crew of Silverjet !!!

SuperBoy
14th Oct 2006, 20:33
Rant over.

BEFORE I say anything I'm not being negative in any way shape or form towards Silverjet.

If all these posts are bothering you so much don't read them. There are alot of people who have been around the block and some, believe it or not, may actually know a little more about certain people and certain events than you do. This is a forum and these people are aloud to air there views regardless whether you like it or not.

You have said yourself the company is keeping you informed and you are blissfully happy. So leave it at that.

I really hope it works out for you. :)

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
14th Oct 2006, 20:58
I did not deny anyone an opinion I simply expressed that the reasons for the negativity were unjust, just because a training and launch date has moved a couple of times does not spell doom.

If these people are entitled to an opinion then so am I.

I would also say that I look at the forums in the hope there is something nice to read or someone asking something constuctive that I could answer.

I also see that certain people are going onto threads of other new start airlines saying they are doomed to fail to and I think it is unfair to those people who are working or going to work for these companies to have to keep seeing it over and over again. If these people can prove their business expertise as a finiancal or business advisor with copious aviation managerial board level experience then I could understand, but I'm pretty sure it's assumption and on the basis of hearsay and gossip and that I find very difficult to stomach.

Give us a chance, if we do fail, then say 'I told you so' but it looks at the moment to be a possible big success and I wish people could just be constructive.

If there was a glaring problem that suggested trouble then I could understand, but moving the launch date and not being mentioned in a news article, I can not.

If would like to clairfy this further SuperBoy then please PM me.

And once again, I apologise if I have upset anyone with my opinion which is based on current, up to date info from the company itself.

SuperBoy
14th Oct 2006, 21:06
You are entitled to your opinion, as are we all.

There is alot of negativity wrt silverjet. Don't let it bother you as you are clearly of the opinion that you have made the right decision for you. As I have said I hope it works out for you.

No clarification needed, thanks.

Ps. We might all eat our words ;)

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
14th Oct 2006, 21:08
Thank you.

The negativity niggles me but what bothers me is I am aware that a lot of people new to flying look at these posts and if they are starting with Silverjet then they may be scared off by everyones assumptions.

You may eat your words, I may eat mine, nobody really knows, its the same with every new business, but thinking positive and being encouraging doesn't hurt.

teachin
15th Oct 2006, 13:23
BecauseCID,
I didn´t come here to argue, just an observation, Now Airlines got so very close and didn´t happen so I am just wary, that´s all. If you get up and going, I will be pleased for you. I saw a lot of disappointment at Now, lots left jobs and then got lumbered with no job. So I wish you all the success in the world. Luton needs something just like Silverjet, so I am all for it.
Teachin.

swashbuckler
16th Oct 2006, 22:44
Hi peeps,
For those who attended a selection day w/ Silverjet in August, could you please tell us about the working conditions within the company ? How many hours will you guys have a month ? What will the roster look like ? How long will the rest time in NYC be? ( Someone said something like 36 Hours, is it accurate ?) Will you get many standbys ? What salary is offered ( I read on other forums a salary in the vicinity of 2000 £ per month? does that sound plausible ?) Any extra benefits at the company's discretion ( like Industry Discounts valid on other airline companies too, Medical Insurance, the possibility to join a pension scheme ???) Will it be possible to commute from continental Europe ?
Sorry if I sound a little bit curious or inquisitive:O
Thanks for sharing anyway :ok: :ok:
Peace

Blastoderm
17th Oct 2006, 05:07
Hi,

Yes more info on pay and conditions would be great please. Would also be useful to hear about the selection process / tests etc.

Oh and I really hope it works out for you guys to.

Thanks.

pebbles4308
17th Oct 2006, 10:14
Hi Everyone

I starrt training with Silverjet on the 27th November!!! I am very excited..... I have very good feeling about this one.

I have been reading many of your posts why are people so negative??? all of my dealings so far with Silverjet have been great they are very proffesional and always there to help with any queries or concerns that i have had.

SILVERJET IS GOING TO BE A GREAT SUCCESS AND ALL I CAN SAY TO YOU MOANERS OUT THERE IS THANK GOD THEY DID NOT EMPLOY YOU BECAUSE IF I HAD TO SPEND 36HRS DOWN ROUTE WITH YOU IT WOULD DRIVE ME STIR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blastoderm
17th Oct 2006, 14:38
Hi Pebbles,

Could you give us any insight into the selection process i.e what did you have to do?

Remember: There's never a crowd on the leading edge! So don't worry about what anyone else thinks. It might work out or it might not but if you feel good about it that's the main thing.

D

BestonBoard
18th Oct 2006, 13:30
Afternoon Ladies & Jellyspoons...

I'm starting training as of Nov 27th, to answer a couple of your queries...

Selection day: Pretty much run of the mill morning, a presentation on the company, what the uniform will be like etc etc... (all black, contrsting black & silver striped shirts/blouses) and tailored suits was what we originally told, no ties/scarves etc as we're are aiming for the relaxed business man approach...
Followed by a group session... prioritising things in order of importance etc etc...
Then sent for a break while they make their decision...
If your successful then you have a 2 to 1 interview, which they tailor around you and what job specs you are looking for... I thankfully have been employed as a service coordinator due to previous experience so I'm well chuffed...

Salary ranges from 10.5k main crew up to 19k line trainer, with approx 10-12k flight pay per annum, (trps are around 50 hrs a time, 2.30 p/h flight pay n about 7-8 returns a month)

Reward scheme based on service excellence, and i think its approx 5% contributory pension by the company.

Don't quote me verbatim on any of these... just a little heads up!

Hope you find it useful :ok:

Blastoderm
18th Oct 2006, 14:29
Very helpful -Thanks. I hope it goes well for you. Are you able to ellaborate on the service co-orinators role?

BestonBoard
18th Oct 2006, 15:28
your guess is probably as good as mine at the moment... In the interview it was described as the galley operator as such... as it's an all business class service you will have a co-ordinator in each galley... As meals are on demand, pre-ordered entertainment and menu etc I believe it's the coords responsibility to ensure the pax receive what they want, when they want it... presume you will be responsible for 50 pax each and the silvercrew will deliver what you have prepared for them (plated up meals, warm bread rolls, 4 course dinners and the works, you know how it is!)

I'm just guestimating here, but thats the gist i got!

tart1
9th Nov 2006, 15:54
I had an e mail today offering me an interview on 20 November.

Has anyone else heard anything??

It has all gone very quiet around here re Silverjet. Have the first intake started their training yet, I wonder? The first flight is to operate on 25 Jan I believe, so presumably training must be underway (or soon about to be). :)

Mefly
9th Nov 2006, 18:41
Hi. I'm on the first lot of training which is starting in a few weeks. Good luck with your interview!

Bandit_70
16th Nov 2006, 16:57
Anybody know what the Salary for the Inflight manager is? I know i should really wait until the interview to find out from the presentation but i cant be arsed to drive all the way to Luton for an interview when it may not be financially worth it..

Many thanks..

SuperBoy
16th Nov 2006, 19:18
Money:
Line Trainer: GBP 19000
IFM: GBP 17000
Service Co: GBP 14000
CC: GBP 10500

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
17th Nov 2006, 18:11
Plus £2.35 per hour from sign on to sign off and the Service Excellence Reward Scheme (bonus for good pax feedback)

Haminha
18th Nov 2006, 10:18
I have a question concerning the salary. It´s 10,500 per annum plus 2.35 per flight hour, ok. How much is it per month? I am Spanish and cabin crew salaries don´t work that way in here, I don´t understand it sorry:rolleyes:

tiggerific_69
18th Nov 2006, 12:03
firstly it would depend on how many hours you did in a month to work out your flight pay.then you would also need to figure out tax.
so
£10,500 per year = £875 per month

say you did 6 trips a month,each trip being 50 hours

6 x 50 = 300 hours

300 hours at £2.35 per hour = £705

so...
salary of £875 + flight pay of £705 = £1580 per month BEFORE TAX

tax deductions would then depend upon whether you are resident of the UK or spain,and the tax rate on the hourly flight pay.

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
18th Nov 2006, 12:07
Thanks tiggerific I was just sitting here working out how I could explain that and you beat me to it and in a much clearer way than I had got going!!!!!

tiggerific_69
18th Nov 2006, 12:30
no worries :ok:
im looking at silverjet myself,i emailed them a few days after 3rd november when their last closing date was for applications and explained my predicament (i am BA Connect crew) but they wouldnt accept it :( but will keep my cv on file for the next round,apparently to be in early 2007.
it sounds like a good outfit,would i be right in thinking so?i know it hasnt started ops yet,but is all so far so good?

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
18th Nov 2006, 13:09
Tiggerific

Its certainly looking good at the moment. The developments are all very positive. They are now linked with a cruise company doing flights to connect with transatlantic cruises, which is another good thing alongside buying out Flyjet and Skylease which hopefully shows they're fairly secure financially- it also secured the AOC and the worldwide route license so that helped speed things up a bit.

The communications from them so far have been great and it's all looking good at the moment, of course you can never tell but I think it's looking very positive.

Start training next Monday which I can't wait for and the launch flight is on 25th January. Training course looks good and the service and products onboard sound like they're going to be great aswell, all that's on the website.

I think it's definately worthwhile considering, I'm sure you'll hear more once we've all started training etc but it will be pretty exciting.

I would imagine the recruitment will open agan reasonably soon as there is 2 more aircraft coming next year so it shouldn't be long!

Good luck and I say go for it! PM me if you wanna know anymore! :)

tiggerific_69
18th Nov 2006, 16:27
Thanks for that,do you know how many aircraft theyve got at the moment?had a look at the website start of this week,the whole operation looks fab.keep us updated with the training,id appreciate it muchly!

flying-again
18th Nov 2006, 19:39
I was having a look at the Silverjet website and really impressed with who the directors etc are and operations director and marketing etc, all with a wealth if experience of starting new things and having impacts on routes and growth for some very influential airlines that have come along way like Virgin. I know that some airlines have flopped straight away like Now airways but then if anyone went for the assessment there that was no big suprise. I think that with the gap that they are trying to bridge in aviation and location etc I have a feeling that it is going to be a huge success and really exciting for anyone that is joining them - well done everyone that has been offered positions

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
18th Nov 2006, 21:56
Tiggerific- they have one 767-200 from the take over of Flyjet at the moment and then there is 2 more joining the fleet next year from Thomsonfly, at least one if not both in the early part- around March time I think.

And Flying-Again, thanks for your comment it does sound great I'm really excited- as if you can't tell!! Who knows what's going to happen in the future but if you don't know you don't try!! :)

Take care everybody!

Silvergirly
19th Nov 2006, 15:07
Hi everybody....

I am from Germany and got invited at the end of november to an interview...I am very happy I got invited although I am quite scared. I've never taken an interview in Great Britain and I would like to know if you guys have any 'formal' rules. I also speak American English and I am a little afraid of the British accent... Maybe you guys could give me some hints for the interview? Will there be any tests? I worked for other airlines before, and they did tests about basic knowledge of the country,language, math. Also I read about the 2 on 1 interview in this forum...How's that gonna work?Anything special to watch out? I'd be happy if sombody could help me a little. Thank you aleady....:)

Preppy
19th Nov 2006, 19:10
Your financial calculations appear to have overlooked one very important regulatory issue. Don't forget the max legal flying hours per annum is 900 for Cabin Crew & pilots. The round trip to New York in a 767 will be near enough to 15 hours; thus the maximum number of trips per year will be 900/15 = 60. Or 5 trips on average per month.

Removing leave (4 weeks per year is UK legal minimum, for details see http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2004/20040756.htm) your max would average 5.5 trips per working month). In any case 60 trips per annum will be your absolute legal maximum and may be difficuly to achieve.

If the average trip duration is 50 hours (bet it is less) then the maximum flying allowances per year will be 60 x 50 x £2.30 = £6900 or only £575 per month!!

Thus the absolute maximum monthly salary before tax could be only: £875 + £575 = £1450

tiggerific_69
19th Nov 2006, 19:50
sorry Preppy,it was only a brief calculation to try & explain to Haminha how the duty pay would work,with the average number of trips per month taken from a previous post in this thread.

pebbles4308
20th Nov 2006, 10:44
Hi every one exactly one week to go till training starts how exciting!!!!!

I was just reading a few posts about pay etc at the interview they said to me that we will take home another £10,000 a year on top of our basic??? i suppose we will have to wait and see.........

Well good luck to all of you who have got interviews i heard they recieved 100's of applicarions this time round so you have all done great already!!!

Well hope to meet some of you next week

Happy Flying

oneroam
20th Nov 2006, 14:30
At last I have secured myself interview for the 1st of December!!! Yipee

I have had a look at the web site and it looks fantastic!!

Also I have read all the post which have been placed on this thread however I do have one question? So if anyone out there can answer it for me I would be much appreciated.

Basically, I applied for a position as IFM as I have much experience in this area, however the email I received from Kate did not state which position I will be interviewed for.
Do I need to email her and ask her which position I am being interviewed for or will they already know this?
Sorry if this a silly question but if I need to get incontact with Kate before the interview date then more notice I give the better.

Best of luck to you all!:D

Mefly
20th Nov 2006, 14:31
Preppy I don't know where you're getting your facts from re annual leave. Why do you think it's 35 days? The minimum is 4 weeks ( 20 days ) plus 8 bank holiday days which makes a total of 28 days.

SuperBoy
20th Nov 2006, 16:02
Oneroam,

I can't say forsure how it will work now but the way they did it last time round was regardless of which position you applied for everyone were interviewed together and when you do your 2 2 1 interview you tell the interviewers which position you would like to be taken into concideration for. Then they decide whether you are suitable or not. Hope this helps.

teacoffee
27th Nov 2006, 15:25
Hi there how did the training go today anyone?
Have an interview on weds & would be really interested how it went!
Thanks

pebbles4308
27th Nov 2006, 19:49
Hiya first day at training today, went very well learning about how the company is growing daily with some fantastic marketing on the way. had our uniform fitting all very smart. Looking at reaching 4 destinations with 6 aircrafts within 14 months. all staff seem lovely, extreamly helpful. good luck with your interview.

teacoffee
27th Nov 2006, 21:12
Thank you sounds very promising & will give it my best shot on wednesday:)

pebbles4308
27th Nov 2006, 21:34
Thats ok very best of luck with your interview, just relax and be yourself and you will be fine... let me no how you get on.

teacoffee
27th Nov 2006, 21:50
Thank you!
BTW where are the 3 other routes?:)

Airside London
28th Nov 2006, 07:23
Ewr , Ord , Jnb And Dxb .

Elizabeth1
28th Nov 2006, 10:44
Hi, I was wondering if you could ellaborate a little more on the selection process. I have an interview on Friday with Silverjet and I have no experience of Cabin Crew so I'm unsure of what the interview will be like; will there be a maths and english test? Will they measure candidates? I have many friends who are Cabin Crew for Virgin and I have heard that the selection process is very intense, does anybody know if it is similar to Virgin?

Many thanks :)

I'd be so grateful if you could help me
Afternoon Ladies & Jellyspoons...

I'm starting training as of Nov 27th, to answer a couple of your queries...

Selection day: Pretty much run of the mill morning, a presentation on the company, what the uniform will be like etc etc... (all black, contrsting black & silver striped shirts/blouses) and tailored suits was what we originally told, no ties/scarves etc as we're are aiming for the relaxed business man approach...
Followed by a group session... prioritising things in order of importance etc etc...
Then sent for a break while they make their decision...
If your successful then you have a 2 to 1 interview, which they tailor around you and what job specs you are looking for... I thankfully have been employed as a service coordinator due to previous experience so I'm well chuffed...

Salary ranges from 10.5k main crew up to 19k line trainer, with approx 10-12k flight pay per annum, (trps are around 50 hrs a time, 2.30 p/h flight pay n about 7-8 returns a month)

Reward scheme based on service excellence, and i think its approx 5% contributory pension by the company.

Don't quote me verbatim on any of these... just a little heads up!

Hope you find it useful :ok:

teacoffee
28th Nov 2006, 16:07
Thanks Airside- it sounds very promising :)

teacoffee
30th Nov 2006, 16:14
anyone had any news yet?:)

wannabeingoal
30th Nov 2006, 20:51
Teacoffee

Had my interview on Monday and they said it'd be the end of next week before I heard anything. Others told they'd hear before Christmas so don't know what's going to turn up. Fingers crossed anyway. Good luck.

Ash_06
4th Dec 2006, 21:12
Hey guys if any of you had recent interview with Silverjet did you get any news from them because I am still waiting I had my interview last week.

Ash

oneroam
5th Dec 2006, 19:34
Got email today stating that I was unsuccessful.

I kind of knew it after the interview as mucked up on a couple of questions and also thought that the guy was a bit up himself too. Seen him at the Air New Zealand interview earlier this year so he kind of put me off straight away!!!:sad:

Well least still have a job!!!

Lets us know how the rest of you got on who attending the recent interviews!!

Best of luck!!:)

teacoffee
5th Dec 2006, 20:17
Got the No thank you email today as well.
Good luck to all of you who did get it-sure you'll have endless nights of fun in New Jersey!!!:rolleyes:

shinners
6th Dec 2006, 19:17
Hi!
Silverjet contacted me for the next selection on december 19th

I'm already a FA (for 1 year) and I'm not a native englishspeaker.

Can anybody give me some info?

About everything! Interview, contract, duty, pay etc....

Please help me!

In this airline are there many people coming from outside England or not?

BestonBoard
7th Dec 2006, 17:58
The first pictures of G-SJET are now posted! Last day of week 2 of training tomorrow and all's going well! Good luck for all of you are having the interview soon! :)

essextaff
7th Dec 2006, 19:53
got to agree with oneroam thought the initial presentation was great liked Martyn Bridger thought hes was very sarcastic but honest with it. 1-2-1 interview awful thought that guy was right up his you know what with no real idea of the airline industry let Martyn Bridger know in an e-mail but know reply yet. Think that Silverjet is a great concept with good management shame about the interview but glad I was not the only one who thought 1-2-1 rubbish.

BestonBoard
7th Dec 2006, 21:01
Unfortunately the recruitment team for the initial interviews are outsourced to a freelance agency, they guy that interviwed you I believe is ex air new zealand. I don't believe e-mailing Martyn was a great idea... he does appreciate feedback, but negative comments on an interview??? I wish you all the best, if you truly want the role, maybe see you on-line in the new year...

got to agree with oneroam thought the initial presentation was great liked Martyn Bridger thought hes was very sarcastic but honest with it. 1-2-1 interview awful thought that guy was right up his you know what with no real idea of the airline industry let Martyn Bridger know in an e-mail but know reply yet. Think that Silverjet is a great concept with good management shame about the interview but glad I was not the only one who thought 1-2-1 rubbish.

wannabeingoal
7th Dec 2006, 21:06
Got the "Dear John" e-mail a couple of days ago. Oh well, their loss...
NEXT!:eek:

teacoffee
8th Dec 2006, 07:52
If hes sarcastic at the interview what would he be like to actually work for?
Lucky escape I think!:)

ATCNetwork
8th Dec 2006, 12:28
Film of the first B767 GSJET leaving maastricht aachen airport yesterday
http://www.l1.nl/?sendurl=%2Fl1%2Fnl%2Fhtml%2Falgemeen%2Fnieuws%5Fbericht%2Fb ericht%2Epshe%3Fnieuws%5Fitem%3DP4T62M0023M1422SINME%26mod%3 D1

click on the little video camera to see the film

Iconic
8th Dec 2006, 16:55
Is anyone still waiting to hear about recent interviews? I went for an inflight managers position on the 21st November and are still waiting to hear an outcome. My friend who also attended the day has been sent a 'no thanks' e-mail. From what I have been told no news is good news, anyone else in the same boat???

:bored:

essextaff
8th Dec 2006, 17:14
Did find him sarcastic but honest would like to have worked for him in another light. He will be a hard but fair boss not bitter as got Qantas so made my decision for me. Good luck to all of you there 65% loads in eight months go for it!!!

swashbuckler
8th Dec 2006, 22:45
Is anyone still waiting to hear about recent interviews? I went for an inflight managers position on the 21st November and are still waiting to hear an outcome. My friend who also attended the day has been sent a 'no thanks' e-mail. From what I have been told no news is good news, anyone else in the same boat???
:bored:

still waiting too...my interview was on the 20th of november..yet they said that we'd get an answer mid-december...so let's be patient ;-)

:ok:

joshua1
9th Dec 2006, 22:38
:) Hello everyone i've just found out today that i have got the job with silverjet so so surprised...good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear..:ok:

swashbuckler
10th Dec 2006, 12:19
just got an email offering me the job too...good surprise ! the training is to start the 12th of February !

good luck to everyone & be good !

come_flyin
10th Dec 2006, 20:33
what is the pay SilverJet are offering? Leave? etc

tiggerific_69
10th Dec 2006, 20:39
look through this thread and you will find the answer to both.

Iconic
10th Dec 2006, 21:12
Hi guys, same here, just had offer of position today.

Start training on the 12th February. Look forward to seeing you all.

Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear!!

silentbutdeadly
11th Dec 2006, 17:36
Well done to all of you who have just found out about your start date!!!

The interview system sounds terrible - are Silverjet not involved much at all? Who is this guy from Air NZ? Is it all agencies?

I didnt think that there were any agencies equipped to recruit and interview cabin crew - I maybe wrong?????

Is the training conducted by Silverjet personnel or is this outsourced as well?

Cheers.:hmm:

swashbuckler
11th Dec 2006, 20:30
Hi:)
Sometimes you really don't have to believe what you read on the net...it's just a mere rumour !!! the interviewers are all Silverjet people....
good luck ;o)

Mefly
15th Dec 2006, 14:15
Hi. Just want to say congratulations to all those who have been offered a position. I'm training at the moment and everything is going well. Everyone is lovely and the trainers are great. Will be starting the service training soon!

tiggerific_69
15th Dec 2006, 14:32
Mefly,what training have you done so far?glad all is going well :)

Eddy
18th Dec 2006, 21:27
Has anybody here been given the job of Inflight Manager yet?

A friend of mine is thinking of applying.

vodkaholic
19th Dec 2006, 12:06
i have heard that the role of in-flight manager is not like it is on any other airline. apparently you dont really get 2 leave the galley, just preparing food etc.

tiggerific_69
19th Dec 2006, 15:54
i believe thats the service co-ordinator position,not the in flight manager

Eddy
19th Dec 2006, 18:02
My friend (mentioned above) has applied for the job. She's very excited but also very impatiend. She won't sign up to Pprune because she's rubbish with computers but has asked me to ask :

How long after submitting an appliction did most of you hear back?!

BestonBoard
20th Dec 2006, 17:24
The IFM is the inflight manager. As expected they are required to assist in service, however the galleys are mainly the domain of the service coordinators. Due to the service required (and believe me, there is no airline out there that even offers anything slightly similar) The IFM will be assisting the sc in the rear galley for the meal services. IFM's are being recruited directly... but the chance for promotion within is good! It's a new airline so they can't base things on seniority, prove yourself and it is noted! Everyon has now broke up for Christmas, course no 3 starts 2nd Jan, and we will return shortly after. Courses 4 and 5 are starting in February as far as I'm aware! If you're interested all I would say is contact Silverjet. They have nothing to hide... and are looking for exceptional, different thinking crew! I can honestly say It is all so exciting! I am so proud to be part of the team!!!!:)

vodkaholic
20th Dec 2006, 19:25
i believe thats the service co-ordinator position,not the in flight manager
ahh ok sorry my mistake. good luck to everyone who is currently training with silverjet or will be starting in the new year. hope it turns out to be the wonderful opportunity you've all been waiting 4

matt_01
22nd Dec 2006, 09:04
Ewr , Ord , Jnb And Dxb .

Hi....could you clarify whether EWR, ORD, JNB & DXB are destinations SilveJet are flying to?:confused:

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
22nd Dec 2006, 14:33
Matt

EWR is a definate as it is the first route and the inaugural flight goes out on 25th January.

DXB, JNB, ORD are the ones they are hoping for over the next year or so but have NOT been confirmed yet. The company have got at least another 30 ideas of possible routes where they have ascertained there would be demand for the service, having had a briefing from the CEO there is endless and very positive sounding possibilities- we have another a/c joining next year now bringing us to at least 4 by November so things are moving fast...watch this space.

Hope that helps!

Morissette
22nd Dec 2006, 19:19
hello CIDS,

now that you have a foot in the door, would you mind telling us about what the rosters will look like ?
Also, i don't understand one point which I hope you will clarify :)
There's the basic salary + the flight pay...Besides that, are they any other allowances ? like per diems, food and uniform allowances.
What kind of hotels will you guys sleep in and how long will the NYC layover last ? Is the training paid too ?
Looking forward to reading you ;)

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
22nd Dec 2006, 19:38
Hiya

I'd love to tell you what the rosters look like but we don't really know ourselves yet. We've all been rostered initial flights but as its the end of January it all kicks off its hard to see a pattern. Also the Director of IFS needs to review the rosters and make a final decision as to how they will work so its all TBC at the moment.

Money- basic+flight duty pay every hour from sign on in LTN to sign off in LTN plus the 'Service Excellence' reward scheme which as yet has not been finalised an we know nothing about really. Hotel includes breakfast, I think the money works out fairly well, we'll be working quite hard so the money will be good. They said to expect 10-12k on top of basic- but until we have proper rosters and a proper months money it's impossible to say.

Sorry its all very vague, but thats what you get with a new airline but its great fun everyone from directors to crew are lovely and we are just taking each day as it comes and seeing what happens.

Tom x

Morissette
23rd Dec 2006, 15:35
Hi Tom:)

Thank you for your response.
Please keep us posted as soon as you have further information regarding the rosters and the so-called "Service Excellence" reward scheme... I'm wondering if pax will really bother to give positive feedback though...Generally, they write to the company only when something wrong happened to them !
You said :
I think the money works out fairly well, we'll be working quite hard so the money will be good.

I read a few posts saying that you guys will do around 8 trips a month. Is it 8 round trips or 4 round trips ? 8 round trips seem quite a lot to me ! & i'm wondering if you won't end up exceeding the max of hours a year... please, enlighten me !

Can't wait to read you!

Morissette

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
23rd Dec 2006, 20:35
I'll let you know about the trips. They said at first we would be doing c.8 trips a month i.e LTN-EWR-LTN on a back to back style so for those of you unfamiliar....

Day 1- LTN-EWR land approx 1300 local
Day 2- EWR-LTN late departure
Day 3- Land LTN 0720
Day 4- LTN-EWR Land approx 1300 local
Day 5- EWR-LTN
Day 6- Land LTN 0720
Days off

BUT...it has not been confirmed, I wonder if it will be like that for a while before more crew come online then as we get different routes etc the pattern will have to change...realistically with leave/days off etc we won't get 8 trips a month in, I'd say 6/7 MAX. It could push our hours but once more crew are in it will even out. It may be totally totally different to this, it is yet to be decided!!

The company are very switched on and I'm not just saying that because I'm new and eager lol there is a wealth of experience on the management team and they are very clued up so far, so I'm sure it will all be OK! Watch this space! And before the bashing begins, I'm not being naieve or dumb I am just being positive and optimistic, we might all end up on 'high hours' because of a rostering c**k up but thats another risk we have to take being in at the beginning. I'm more than sure that it won't happen but who knows!!

Service Excellence I really can shed no light as very little has been mentioned, I think it may be based on feedback collected onboard during the flight, thats a guess, I really don't know!

Watch this space is all I can say and if you're hesitant then don't apply until the company is more established, a lot of people need the security of knowing exactly what they're going in to but some like the 'adventure' if thats the right word...and so far it's been a good one!

Tom

teacoffee
23rd Dec 2006, 22:06
sounds great fun!!!:rolleyes:

Morissette
24th Dec 2006, 18:59
:) Hi Tom

thanks again for your post and I appreciate the fact that you bothered to answer.
I understand that everything looks quite vague at the moment as it's a new "adventure". So keep us informed as you get further information /"To be continued" as you rightly mentioned .
I'm still interested in the company, I just think i'm just too much of a "chicken sh*t" :uhoh: to leave my current company for something that is not established yet... Nonetheless, I have a gut feeling that Silverjet is gonna be a massive success. I'd like to apply but yeah, i guess i'm too afraid of losing my current advantages & salary. Yet if things evolve & become clearer, i'll definitely apply...

Thanks again & Joyeux Noël :ok:

easygalleyfm
26th Jan 2007, 15:10
any news, how was the 1st flight etc....??

BestonBoard
28th Jan 2007, 13:33
The first flight went very well so I hear, had a friend on it! lot of hard work with the cabin service involved, but our customers were pleased. Have my first trip out to EWR in the morning, can't wait. Everything (touch wood) seems to be on schedule. Course 3 of crew are nearly completing their training now, and courses 4 and 5 start feb 12th, so business is booming. Next a/c delivered by end of March, online beginning of may! and we do have plenty more secrets up our sleeves! lol :D if you check out youtube you can see images of the silver lounge in luton, and th respray of our a/c. Inaugral crew have been treated like kings, hair cuts by Nicki Clarke for some, visits to top notch restaurants in london for service training. Uniform is very clean cut, charcoal grey, silver wings, white shirt, with blue silver and purple stripes. Brand named cabin bags and suitcases the works! Don't mean to blow our trumpet, but so glad I could be part of it from the very beginning!

FlyingDoK
28th Jan 2007, 13:52
Media video showing lounge and aircraft interiors is online at

www.prnewswire.com/mnr/silverjet/26686/ (http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/silverjet/26686/)

Looks very nice. Am looking forward to trying this out in February

The Royal Family
28th Jan 2007, 15:28
Don't forget your 1200 ciggies :=

Litebulbs
28th Jan 2007, 16:34
I am genuinly happy to see someone excited about their job and how they are being looked after by their employer and how this will reflect on the services they give to their customers!

I am sure the cynics will be along soon, but I really hope it works out for you, because it might just roll out to the rest of the industry.

warwicks
29th Jan 2007, 07:56
Listening to Radio 1 this morning (Mon 29th Jan)
Ricky from the Kaiser Chiefs mentioned that he flew to New York on a new airline Silverjet and would recommend the airline to anyone as it was one of the best flights he had ever been on.

Nice to see that the praise is starting already. Good luck to everyone at Sliverjet- your obviously doing a great job.
BTW the aircraft look great as well ;)

Ancient Observer
29th Jan 2007, 11:49
All the very best to the F crew, the C crew, the managers and Directors. At last, a British based airline that might remember that customers come first.

This forum is so sick of customers that it call them Self Loading Freight. Mod.s must be from BA....so all the best to the new team. Watch out for the dirty tricks!

an ancient observer from the sector.

TightSlot
29th Jan 2007, 12:41
This forum is so sick of customers that it call them Self Loading Freight. Mod.s must be from BA....

:hmm: Wrong!

Diver_Dave
29th Jan 2007, 16:56
This forum is so sick of customers that it call them Self Loading Freight. Mod.s must be from BA....so all the best to the new team. Watch out for the dirty tricks!

Err.
I believe SLF is actually derived from the Military Slang.

Whilst not being the greatest fan of BA (Company not Flight / Cabin Crew)[1]
I believe your comment does BA, and other airlines crew a disservice. :ok:

Regards

DaveA

[1] Only due to forcing me back onto Air Malta due to intransigance over baggage allowances and not honouring a committment they gave to match the AM 40Kg for my diving kit. :ugh:

EDIT: TYPE ENGLISH DAVE, ENGLISH!!!!!!

Ancient Observer
30th Jan 2007, 06:46
The point was best wishes to Silverjet! The side comment was not the main point.
I hope that they all make a great success of it!

Morissette
30th Jan 2007, 23:14
Hi there,

to the people who started their flights to NYC, could you please tell us more about the journey ? ( specially the service offered throughout the flight : catering, wine types, food, on board high tech systems) Do the cabin crew do the safety demo or is it played on a tv screen ?
Could you also please describe your monthly roster ? how many days off after a trip ? how long do you stay in your NYC hotel ? how many flights are you scheduled to operate in a month ? Is the hotel in NYC of top quality & downtown ( do you have time to do some shopping ? )
i read somewhere that Silverjet could fly to Bermuda, is it true or just a rumour ?
looking forward to reading your posts !!

Morissette

BestonBoard
31st Jan 2007, 08:16
Hi Morisette, fyi... have just got home after landing at 7 this am... o/b service involves pre-boarding drinks with warm nuts, before our silver crew take post take off drinks orders, after distributing menus... After take off drinks are served, orders taken by service coords n IFM's for starters and mains... lunch served starting at 12, 5 course dinner (choice of appetisers and entrees), fully plated up in a bistro style, this is accompanied by warm bread, 2 choices of red, 2 choices of white.... (appetiser, entree, desert, cheese & port, coffee).... afternoon tea is served during the flight... this is a surprise tho, no cucumber sandwiches here! alongside bar service on demand, personal IFE etc... Demo is personal! i.e Manual, the a/c has been refitted, no PSU's here! All customers have their own personal IFE system, which is powered by the seat (alongside their laptop if they want to use it), no call bells, no air vents!, Personal reading lights are multi phasing, at the touch of the customers control, at their own seat!

Inbound starts the same, evening meal served asap... 5 courses offered again, but we aim to max sleep time, so customers can choose exactly what they want to eat... british meals and specials o/b, US meals n specials I/B... the cabin is a quiet zone! No PA's, no call bells, no lights! PAX sleep until Top of Drop, when they are served with breakfast, which they can carry off, if they like!

Typical stopover approx 30 hours, crew have a top class hotel in New Jersey, approx 30 min train journey from NYC, but everything is there if needed, crew discounts on bar and food, complimentary breakfast etc...

Private terminals both ends, so our customers never have long to wait (30 minute check in!) I'm a service coordinator myself... won't deny a 7hr 30 flight goes very quick when you maintain these standards! Already have some high profile customers on board, some of the nicest people you can meet!!!

Where did you hear about Bermuda???? you'll have to tell me more! Rosters at the moment are averagin about 5.5 - 6 trips per month... as far as flight pay is concerned it's quite healthy!

Crew are amazing! You can tell why they selected us, I think we all have the exact same personalities and manerisms! It feels like we're one big family already, and we're ever growing! I'm so excited to be an inaugral member of the silverjet team! They know how to look after their crew, F/C, C/C and all the top management all are on en even level as regards to feedback! Heck there's people here who have started up multi billion pound companies now, and they still greet you with a warm handshake, smile and treat you as if they've known you for years!

I appreciate there will still be sceptics out there! But I honestly believe SILVERJET is something that even HRH Liz herself will be soooooo proud of! :)

If you want a more indepth look, check out this link... it's available on the web now anyway... only gutted they cut my head off when I was serving champagne! :{

http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/silverjet/26686/ (javascript:ol('http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/silverjet/26686/');)

BestonBoard
31st Jan 2007, 08:20
O... and 1 final toot on the trumpet... we have the best crew to customer ratio going.... 1 crew member for every 10 customers (i know.... airline terminology they should be PAX) but SJET training instills the value of looking after the people you care for in the air! Our customers are who we aim to please... after all, flysilverjet.com... we recreate the magic of airtravel as it once was!:cool:

BestonBoard
31st Jan 2007, 09:52
For some reason that link doesn't work...
http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/silverjet/26686/

please accept my sincerest apologies, thru my own fault have been awake over 24 hrs! happy viewing!

Morissette
1st Feb 2007, 00:03
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate muchly . How many rest hours do you have til your next trip ?!
The service seems to be extraordinarily exceptional ! I must confess I'm very impressed :)
(The only hitch though, would be that cabin crew do the safety demo! )
The rumour dealing with Bermuda was evoked on cabincrew.com forum! if it happens to be real, you guys are so damn lucky :eek:

I wish Silverjet every good fortune !
Merci BestonBoard :ok:

Morissette

T4Turtle
1st Feb 2007, 00:34
I saw the images in the link; am I right in assuming that the seats are NOT flatbeds? I can't see Silverjet making that much of an impact on the business market if the seats do not lay flat. :confused:

Sa341
1st Feb 2007, 00:55
Have flown on one of the first flights and the crew were a credit. Yep i also knew about Bermuda - the old Flyjet charter...

HHB
1st Feb 2007, 08:02
Hi Bestonboard ! - Your job sounds fab, I have an interview with Silverjet for s/coordinator next Tues so was fascinated to read your post, I am so nervous as really want this job, I am an experienced flyer & have done single operation business class flying so have some relevant experience. I was wondering how many crew you carry ? I have done all my research on the company so am as prepared as I can be ! - I used to work for Flyjet several years ago, - wondered if that would help or hinder my chance? I didn't leave on bad terms (thankfully!) - are there many crew that have come over from Flyjet ? - Also the photo of the crew shown on the prnewswire website - are they real crew ? - my husband thinks they are professional models hired to dress up as crew as they are so beautiful & slim !

wingsLV
1st Feb 2007, 12:12
Dear "Silverjets" guys and girls!
Is it nessesary to relocate to UK, or is it possible to shuttle ????? I am from Germany

teacoffee
1st Feb 2007, 14:49
Dont believe all the HYPE!! :bored:

Morissette
1st Feb 2007, 17:37
Thanks Airside- it sounds very promising :)

Got the No thank you email today as well.
Good luck to all of you who did get it-sure you'll have endless nights of fun in New Jersey!!!:rolleyes:

It's funny to see how Teacoffee was all excited til (s)he got his/her interview and was finally said " F*CK OFF, You just s*ck big time".... Since that day, (s)he's been constantly discrediting and negative about Silverjet...How is that pathetic ?

Dont believe all the HYPE!! :bored: Yeah right, get a life or a job dear ! you can always apply for cesspool airlines such as easyJet, Ryanair or Flyzoom... Get over it dear ;)

:p hugs:p

Tommietola21
1st Feb 2007, 17:52
Hi Everyone

First off, good luck to all you new guys at Silverjet, it sounds like a fantastic oppurtunity for you all!!

Secondly, Morrisette, have some dignity please! what are you worried about who say's this and that? YOU GOT THE JOB!!!

I would agree that the 3rd reply you highlighted from tea and coffee WAS a bitter slight of tongue, although I think your reply was more so, as you wern't able to rise above it.

Which airline have you just moved from??

I think you should apologise to all EasyJet, Ryanair and Zoom UK employees to save face, you made a very rude and inappropriate remark.
ALL cabin crew work hard, be it all-economy, all-business, longhaul or shorthaul. We all have the same aspirations, and no, no everyone aspires to fly london-NJ serving high-end customers. Some crew have important commitments, like family, disabled relatives etc, and may need to come home after a short 2-sector day to cook dinner for others! who know, just don't post in anger.

Ultimately, you have got YOUR dream right? it's not anyone else's, an you need to respect that. Oh, and by the way, I'm waiting to be told whethr I have a job with
ZOOM UK (but it's fine, you haven't offended me personally, hence hy I'd advise you to apologise incase you did anyone else!!)

:) Enjoy it!! And I wish you and all the est at Silverjet the best of success!!

teacoffee
1st Feb 2007, 17:58
Thanks Morrisette
I have both a job & a life.
Peoples opinions can change & that is what happened to mine.
When you grow up maybe yours will too! :)

corsaman
1st Feb 2007, 19:55
Well said, Tommietola. "Cesspool airlines" is a little strong, Morrisette. I am currently at EZY, very happily I must say, and have been for 5 years. 12 years with BD and BA before that. That uniform, glitz and glamour make some of you tick, and for others it's no big deal. Ezy gives us a rather good income, gets us home at night and employs some wonderful people - which is what some of us want. Give it a few years, and perhaps your priorities will change too. Not a rant, an observation!:)

diesel862
2nd Feb 2007, 10:59
Well done all Silverjet cabin crew, galley FM shouting nothing but good tidings for you all.

FJE take note on how to setup and airline and keep crew informed and feel wanted.

Mikel-EK
2nd Feb 2007, 12:03
Hi, Firs of all Cobrats to all SilverJet crew!! Have Fun guya!!!
I have some questions!! How much is the basic salary? How much per flying hour?? Do yo guys get allowence in US dollars cash to spend in NY??? How lon is the training?? Many guys cabin crew?? all the crew is british??? Thanks for any info!! Take care

johnezy
2nd Feb 2007, 16:08
Just to re-itterate a piont from corsman.
Morrissette: you really shouldn't bad mouth other airlines, we all work hard wheather we work for a low cost no frills airline, a long haul airline or a specialist airline dealing with buissness class passengers.
i would like to piont out that the training you did for silverjet was co ordinated and managed by an ex easyjet training manager, and i know your views don't represent that of your collegues as easyjet staff get a good discount with your airline! I know alot of crew who have taken up this offer so your next lot of customers may just be easyjet crew.
My collegues and myself are under the impression that silverjet is a wicked comany and we all love your aircraft it looks very smart parked up on the stand so please dont formulate opinions about other airlines when there is certainly no just reason. nuff said!

ChocksAwayUK
2nd Feb 2007, 16:20
easyjet staff get a good discount with your airline!

Interesting... I'm yet to start with ez (roll on March!) so don't have any info on this. Could you let me know what the deal is?

johnezy
2nd Feb 2007, 16:26
hi well done for getting into ezy and good luck with your course. when you start you be given access to our internal intranet in there is a whole load of info about deal you can get with easyjet, flights, holidays, insurence, loads of stuff you'll be able to look through it for yourself. I don't exactly know what our deal is with silverjet i think it may be 20% off can't remember!

ChocksAwayUK
2nd Feb 2007, 16:38
Great.. thank you!

Morissette
2nd Feb 2007, 20:24
For your information, I'm NOT working for SILVERJET !:ugh:

I was just interested in knowing what product they offer and reading comments by Silverjet crew who did the inaugural flight to Newark.
I was also interested in knowing their working conditions because I might be interested in applying. I'm a flight attendant for Netjets in Brussels and most of my flights are with high end clients. The only disadvantage is that I am most of the time alone and I believe being part of a flight attendant team would be much more fun. ;)
What I was trying to emphasize is Teacoffee's volatility and inconstance just because (s)he was not selected by Silverjet.:uhoh:

With regard to easyJet, Ryanair, FlyZoom and other "low cost low brain airlines", I reiterate and persist : those are cesspool airlines. :yuk: I worked for 2 months for EZY and decided to get the h*ll out of the Luton Guantanamo camp so I resigned. It was horrible in every aspect: horrible uniform, horrible working conditions, horrible salary, horrible unclassy unhygienic brain dead colleagues, horrible uneducated boisterous customers with no manners...I'm not exaggerating, really it was sheer purgatory:eek:

Everybody's entitled to their opinion but mine is based on personal experience...so I know what I'm talking about because i've been there.

Anyway, I wish Silverjet good luck.:ok:

exmax
3rd Feb 2007, 04:13
...how to win friends and influence people:eek:
To Morissette; Working for one airline for 2months (does that include training?) hardly means you are an expert, you haven't worked for the other airlines so it's a good idea to remain silent when you don't show foundation for your comments. If I might add, knowing what you know about EZY and those conditions you mentioned, why did you work for them in the 1st place? If you did a bit of research on the company beforehand, then you would have avoided the experiences and people you rant about, no?

As for your comments about your colleagues, that's not very nice. Anyway, good luck to all at Silverjet, looks like a good airline.
Peace & best wishes.

Tommietola21
3rd Feb 2007, 10:14
In a nutshell, Morrisette, I believe you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Furthermore, you have not worked for the other ''cesspool'' airlines, and I'm certain that you have not flown with one in particular, as they have yet to launch a route??

I think you need to get down off of this pedestal you seem to have put yourself on, and when you realise that not EVERYBODY flies on private jets, and you get a job in a team environment - THEN you can start finding fault with other's social grace and attitude. Yours is certainly very bad. One thing that crew should NEVER do is slag off colleagues, particularly on a public forum.

I'm glad you left EZY, or I'm sure you would have been pushed. It must have been very uncomfortable for you being hated with an attitude like yours! And I'm certain they're not crying for you to return to LTN.

I've also drawn a conclusion based on your posts that you are probably better off working on your own.

BestonBoard
3rd Feb 2007, 12:55
Guys & Gals.... What is this all about????

First of all... everybody is entitled to an opinion.... the freedom of speech is something that nobody can take away!!!!

Morisette.... Cesspool???? That is a little inaccurate.... Wizzair have their own niche in the market, there are few and far between that offer such a regular service to Poland and easterrn Europe for such a value price... judgement is not required!!!!

EZY... you guys have been given a cheap rep... which is not true! there are not many low cost carriers that fly to your destinations... believe me! My old home town was 45 minutes from both of BMI BABY's major departure points, and they cannot offer what EZY offer! Ryanair comes close, but if you are in the industry their recruitment procedure precedes themselves....

Silverjet is not in this league I am afraid.... that is not being conceited! We are a low fare all business class airline, based in the UK! EOS have a very simlar service to ourselves, however, they do offer a different quality (which does need a little tweeking) and so charge a higher price. A 757 with 48 flatbeds, dual seated, conference facility, etc... it is very good, but they still offer old airline methods.

MAXJET, offer a very similar config to ourselves... 767, with 100 seats, however MAXJET are all extra legroom, typical erm... maybe XLone or MYT Premiair Gold service... at a reasonable price matching ours more or less....

SILVERJET, offers a boeing 767-200 ER a/c... 100 6'3" flat bed seats on board, they are slightly angled, but the SICMA aeroseat is award winning for comfort and position... you can adjust any section of the seat, including a massage function as required. I am sure you have read my previous post regarding the service on board???? We are not about the product... i.e. how pretty silver spirit or the future silverjets will be, but the personal service we offer! Our customers are greeted by name every time we talk to them. We hang their coats in wardrobes... If they have flown with us before, we know what drink to have ready for them after take off, how many cubes of ice they would like, if they would prefer lemon or lime! Typical airline (not mentioning any names) for business class would offer servings on a china plate, spong-ing etc... but how would you feel to have healthy choice of starter, followed by a choice of 3 main courses on board (many more if you order on-line in advance - only 24 hours before your flight) all pated up in the galley... professionally... in a bistro bowl, restaurant sized meals, not dolly cutlery... followed by a hearty desert, your choice of English cheeses O/B and US cheeses I/B, then complimented with Freshly pressed Tea and Coffee.... whilst watching your own personal entertainment system, with the top programmes/movies from both the uk and the states.... water bottles delivered without even asking, followed by warm sandwiches, sweet tasy things, more coffee, comlimentary toothbrushes, face wash, moisturiser, a ladies only washroom on board... 1 crew member for 10 customers, a gin and tonic served in a glass that is the same size you would expect in any bar around the uk.... all on a 7 hr 40 minute o/b flight...

Our service differs on the way back! If you haven't eaten already in our private terminal in EWR, then pick and choose what you want to eat from our menu.... you will be guaranteed to sleep.... no call bells in our cabin, crew patrol constantly... if you have read our press releases, you will see we have had dancing lessons... to be as light footed as possible in our cabin... our aisles ar only 20" wide.... no normal trolley can get through.... everything is delivered by hand.... if we do perform a large service, we use a traditional hostess cart. On a night flight, maximum sleep is our main aim... Breakfast to go! Bagels, fruit, smoothee, Tea, Coffee, all served in a take out cafe style... if you don't want to eat so soon, then please help yourself to a full cooked English breakfast in our Luton SilverLounge, of course after you have taken your shower and checked your e-mail...

SILVERJET is not trying to compete with first or business class service on any other airline... we are responding to the business/upper class leisure market demands.... what you want, when you want it....

Forget the attitude or hipocracy of airline competitetiveness, we merely aim to give our customers what they require, nothing more, nothing less...

For comments like "it's not a true flat bed"... it's a bed with a 6'3" pitch.... I'm 6'0"... and I can rest comfortably...

We are not in competition with anyone...

Yes there are US carriers that offer business class service between the states and London...

If you have flown out of JFK, you will know that LHR doesn't even compare with taxiing and slot times (the length I mean)

Stanstead is a very major Divert Airport... if you are crew, you will know why!

LTN...has one of the largest private Jet facilties within this country... heck... take a wonder up airport way to the Holiday Inn... you could count at least 20 by the Signature Hangar on a bad day....

EWR is maximum 45 minute tfr from Manhattan.... we offer Helicopter, Limo, chauffer drive etc... you couldn't want more comfort!

with a 30 minute check in (45 minutes if you want to check luggage into the hold!) (which our silver concierges will do for you,... walk into the sliding doors into the lounge and your bag is taken straight away!)

100 customers on an a/c that is designed to hold 290... Hand baggage is not an issue... stick to the security guidelines for BAA etc and you could arrive at the silverlounge at 9.30 GMT and take off at 10! (give us a chance to give you a glass of champers, OJ or h2o with warm nuts first!)

If you have an interview with the worlds first Carbon Neutral Airline, and Englands only low fare Business class airline, Good luck to you!

Leave your prejudices at the automatic doors of the Holiday Inn at LTN... Everybody has their own place in the travel Market! Snobbery will get you nowhere!

If you want to provide the best customer service that you can, and realise that Quality is only associated with effort.... Come, re-create the magic of airtravel as it once was!

try flysilverjet.com!

BOB x

Tommietola21
3rd Feb 2007, 13:11
Well said Bob!!

Although I think the point of argument was more about Morissette's attitude towards crew of other airlines - and considering he/she doesn't even work for Silverjet, I am wondering what brought about such a rant of abuse?

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
3rd Feb 2007, 15:34
Wow! I just logged on and couldn't believe what I was reading...Morrisette I feel disgusted to have answered your questions.

As everyone has said already...different people choose different airlines for different reasons.

I started my career with easyJet and I loved it, in fact I had applied to go back before I got my current role with Silverjet but decided to go for Silverjet to try something new and do a bit of long haul. I went to fly with a company that everyone seems to strive to get into at LHR and I hated every minute. It was prestigious, had a reputation as the best way to fly...wrong! I had more complaining, unhappy customers, and even moreso unhappy, moaning crew, there than at EZY! The guys and girls I worked with at easyJet were fantastic, and from what I hear (from a colleague at Silverjet who left EZY in a very high position)..still are!! They work hard and they do a great great job. Well done guys and please be assured that you actually have a very high reputation in the industry and a lot of respect for the work you do. Keep it up, and btw the new uniform looks great and I'm sure will boost morale even higher as you will all look so professional as well as being it in person!!

If I ever got to the point where long haul was no longer for me, the first place I would apply to is back to easyJet, fab place to work!

I won't go on to 'big up' Silverjet too much (although I could write pages!!) as it has all already been said, suffice to say.. it's great, the crew are great, the product is great and most importantly of all...our customers think it's fantastic, and we know because our management team (who are excellent, really pro the crew and communication etc) give us regular updates on customer feedback.

So the 'Hype' tea&coffee, is not just 'Hype' it is reality...and reality of outstanding quality at that!!! If indeed to gain this opinion you have flown the airline and fed back your problems to our Customer Experience Director then it would be interesting to know your reasoning..but my gut instinct is that you haven't and simply a little disgruntled at your 'no thanks' email.

Happy flying to everyone whether you're doing a LTN-AMS-LTN-AMS-LTN-AMS or a LTN-EWR..we're all still there for the same reasons..a job we love.

Take care! :)

TightSlot
4th Feb 2007, 16:20
Back on track everybody please - this thread is about Silverjet.
...cesspool airlines...horrible unclassy unhygienic brain dead colleagues, horrible uneducated boisterous customers with no manners Such comments reveal rather more about the true nature of the person posting than about the subject at hand: They are therefore best avoided.
For those of you that do work for Silverjet - we can all understand your enthusiasm with a new start-up, but please try and resist the temptation to simply re-package Silverjet PR releases on this thread. The acid test of the success of the company will be load factors, not now, but in a year, or two, or five years time. If there is enough money to be made, the airline will last - if not, it won't

highlifeboy
8th Feb 2007, 17:38
God I have been sitting on the fence during this thread and my god what is it coming too????

I have been flying now for 11 years and dont work for either Silverjet or Easyjet...

No one in aviation likes to see the demise of any airline as we do the same job but just wear different colours and have different contracts...

I hate it when bitter people start slagging off certain airlines, any airline is a great airline if its what you want and fits into how you want to live your life...

Low cost airlines are not cesspool airlines just look at easyjet they must carry 30+ million pax a year you could say Silverjet would have to be in business 10 years to even come close to that but who cares if there crew are happy....

Im sure easyJet will be around in the uk far longer than most other UK airlines but hey thats my opinion

So come on guys/gals play nicely and all the best for Silverjet for your future and I too agree your planes and products look first class

teachin
9th Feb 2007, 11:35
As for the way SilverJet looks over CV's, well they don't, I got a footnote which was accidentally included in my email back from them, a polite "standard" no thank you but at the bottom was a simple and trite "NOPE" from a Mr Martyn Bridger like a CC that the email had been forwarded on, ignorance is also at the head of SilverJet.

lgwechobravo
9th Feb 2007, 18:51
diesel862, your quote;

"FJE take note on how to setup and airline and keep crew informed and feel wanted."

Couldn't agree more. None of us in the FJE part of the same company know what the hell is going to happen. 3 bases, 2 aircraft and very dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced crew but no communication at all. Good work to all our Silverjet counterparts, wish we could be given the resources to do the same at FJE. It could be a reputable, decent and profitable airline, given half a chance at MAN, NCL and LGW! However, crews are leaving in droves and getting sick of trying to get things happening. Feel sorry for the pursers every flight their reports must be like war and peace!

Good Luck Silverjet!

MarcJF
10th Feb 2007, 18:44
Looks great, can't wait to try the service later in the year. One observation, skirts look a little short, i'm not complaining :) but are they practical?

tash55
10th Feb 2007, 20:03
Good Luck to all you boys and girls at Silverjet!!! can't WAIT to sample your Silver Service, it looks FABULOUS!!! With regards to the title of my post, I realise you have someone at the helm who used to be Head Of Cabin Services where I currently work. I just hope he learned from his mistakes and does a much better job than he did previously!!!.....Safe and Happy Flying and Best Wishes....:)

oldflyboy
11th Feb 2007, 10:23
Good luck to all at Silverjet, lots of positive press, in Times again this weekend, Mrs Oldflyboy and I plan to try you out this year rather than battle staff travel in our own company.:D

Just found out the Bridgerman is involved with you! OUCH!!!!!:}

Did you know he has a record of failure? Cocked up at BA which led to crew striking in 97 and his decision to bring in non flying managers directly led to poor industrial relations which led to recent threat to strike over there. Also involved with DUO, BHX based airline that went bump coupla years ago, guys I fly with who worked for him turn the air blue at mention of his name!:ugh:

Still, perhaps he has mellowed!

As I say best of luck and will see you in September.

Matt101
11th Feb 2007, 12:04
Well done to you guys at Silverjet I was temping at BA this summer and was very tempted to apply to the compnay but had deceided to sit back and watch for a while and from what you say it really does seem to bring back a bit of the glamour in flying for your PAX. Some of you sound like you should be doign the PR for your company which is testement to how you feel about the compnay you are working for.

Ignore anything bad said think your product and your idea sounds wonderful though I feel your aircraft livery though quite pretty does make the 767 look a bit liek a ginormous condom....sorry one thing on the mind.

Good luck guys doubt you'll need it as if I was a Business passenger think I know where I'd take my fares when I heard about Silverjet.

Airbourne-Adamski
12th Feb 2007, 08:49
Hi Guys

I thought I would jump in to this post and just say to Silverjet Best of luck. I am based at LTN with the Ezy guys and gals. And I think the concept and business model Silverjet offer is a fantastic idea. I really do hope it all goes well and grows as it wants.

Mefly
12th Feb 2007, 17:33
Marcjf: Our skirts are knee length so definately not too short. If you saw the picture of the crew by the plane then that's not our uniform and they were models!!

Eddy
14th Feb 2007, 00:48
I had to fly out of LTN a couple of week ago and had a few hours hanging around before my flight. Out of interest, I headed over to the Silverjet terminal to 'observe' and I was very, very impressed with the operation. Immaculate staff, a gorgeous new terminal, professional car-service and what looked (from the outside) to be a well run business.

They've got it bang on, from what I could see.

Hot-bit
19th Feb 2007, 11:46
I had a interview for In-flght Manager 2 weeks ago and i still haven't heard anything. I was wondering if anyone else who had had a 2 to 1 with S.J has waited this long.. This is the worst part of the process as i just need to know now.. if i have it.. fantastic, but if i haven't i would like to be able consider other options. I think they have a great concept, and feel excited about the prospect of working for them, but being in limbo is a nightmare. Alot of the communication between myself and S.J has been done through email, is this how they let you know if you are sucessful or not..? or is it the case of waiting for the postman to arrive with a letter? i'd be grateful if anyone could tell me their experience ... thanks

BestonBoard
19th Feb 2007, 16:50
Hi Hotbit, in my experience (was recruited as inaugral crew) I had to wait a month for my answer, until they completed the full recruitment campaign so they can find the best of the best for their needs. My response was a personal e-mail from Martyn Bridger congratulating me. I would guess you're response would be an e-mail too... All I can say is try and remain positive... No news is good news as the saying goes :)

Hot-bit
19th Feb 2007, 17:48
Hi BestonBoard thanks for your reply, I guess i'll give the postman a break then.. I just want to hear something.. but, like you said no news is good news.. hope i get to fly for S.J.. fingers crossed

Dom Perignon
28th Feb 2007, 12:49
Can you Silverjet guys & gals tell me if you have to live within a certain distance to Luton, or can you travel?
Does any of the current crew have children, if so, do the rosters work well for you?

kiwilad747
28th Feb 2007, 19:35
Hi Dom

They do like you to live close by as do a lot of airlines, but I am based in Brighton and I know there are people further away (Manchester, Leeds) not too sure if there are any crew with children

spacehopper
1st Mar 2007, 13:18
kiwilad747 are these people from leeds commuting every flight? What is the standby callout? and what work pattern is it at the moment with regards to days off after trip how many sb's etc soz 20 questions!
Would love to work for them but not sure about commute!

BecauseCIDSsays_so!
1st Mar 2007, 16:07
Hi Spacehopper!

Lots of people are commuting, I think there are only about 10 people living in Luton area actually lol!!

Most people are finding the commute OK although I think a lot of us have to have a quick sleep in the car somewhere halfway home after the night return sector!

We are not in a pattern for days off yet and the amount of days off really varies. We do some back to backs so you land at 0710 then back in the next day but I think you usually get 2 or 3 days off afterwards (shouldn't say it cos I'll end up with a month of them, but I haven't done any yet so can't confirm!). Can vary from 1 day to 3 days off, I have usually had at least 2.

Couple of standbys a week roughly, from 0600 to 1000 and callout is 90 minutes so that is the only snag with commuting, I think some people stay down in the Luton area for standbys and some get up and get ready and wait for the phone to ring then go back to bed when it doesn't!! People also arrange b&b or stay with friends between back to backs aswell.

At the moment the rosters are flexible as we are still getting established and seeing how things work but rostering are good and give you plenty of notice of changes, and most of the time they will let you know of changes asap rather than call you on a standby- most of us have given consent to be contacted outside of standby/duty time to give us extra warning!

Basically if you don't mind commuting, it's do-able, and it's worth it!
Hope that helps!

Sorry, just noticed that was addressed to KiwiLad, :) didn't mean to step on your toes!! ;)

spacehopper
2nd Mar 2007, 19:54
Thank You for all that excellent info !

Have applied so fingers and toes crossed for me please!

apaddyinuk
2nd Mar 2007, 20:03
Hi guys,,, Notice a few of you mention that you commute to/from work with Silverjet.
Have they provided you with a quiet room somewhere in your crew centre??? Please please be very careful when driving home, even stopping on a layby somewhere can be dangerous. Just make sure you do not get in that car with fatigue falling over you. We have far too many sad stories here at BA regarding that.
Best of luck to you all, must admit that Silverjet does sound rather tempting but the commute from Dublin to Luton wouldnt be as easy as LHR! LOL!

Airbourne-Adamski
3rd Mar 2007, 15:50
Hi Silverjet Guys

Was at work this morning Sat 3/3 (EZY at LTN) and noticed a thompson Fly 767 pull up on stand just after 7am, and a silverjet bus pull up and take the pax to the terminal and there was no silverjet a/c on the ground at that time as normal. Then at 1pm when i finished there were people waiting to collect pax from the 7.10 flt from that morning

What Happened?

Just being nosey :8

BestonBoard
5th Mar 2007, 09:16
Hey Adamski,

not sure what the situation with the silverjet bus being used to the thomsonfly a/c... the inbound flight on the 3rd was delayed due to a medical emergency divert back into Newark in the early hours of sat am... our flight took off again just before 3, so we had a slight delay, due to turnaround times though we made the time up before the return flight that night... nothing major to report I'm afraid, just one of tose inflight situations...

sunnygirl
5th Mar 2007, 14:34
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=258712&page=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUuirIuquvE

Looks Good !!

Airbourne-Adamski
10th Mar 2007, 14:39
Nice funky Video.

Sorry SJ Guys but I have a moan for SJ.
This is not exactly crew related, but it is SJ related.

My wife applied to SJ 4 weeks ago for Silverjet ground supervisor, she had a reply that they had recieved her email. She even spoke to them on the phone to confirm her CV was sent ok, and they confirmed it was and she would here back from them soon with regards to the position.
Then the other day she gets another emailing saying 'Sorry but we are not recruiting for ground staff at silverjet'

Now I think this is out of order, they advertise Jobs and not actually intending on taking on staff for that job.
The job is still currently advertised on the web site. :mad:

Not very good service for a aitline that is currently priding themselves on service.

Ranting Finished.

2ndchance
12th Mar 2007, 21:39
I want to apply to Silverjet but am a bit thick when it comes to all things computer related! I understand that I have to email my CV using the link on the website but they also ask to send some photographs, full length and passport sized - how do I get these to them?! Do they expect them to be scanned or something? If so I'm afraid it's beyond me!!! Would be grateful for any advice from others who have applied. Thanks :)

SuperBoy
13th Mar 2007, 01:49
You could send the CV via the link and send the photos via post FAO Martin B.

2ndchance
13th Mar 2007, 23:18
Thanks SuperBoy - I'll do that. The main thing is to get the CV off I suppose and then if they think they would like to interview me after that I'm sure they'll be able to wait for the photos!

haamdhanimaid
16th Mar 2007, 14:24
WOW Morrisette - sounds like you should stick with your single operation aircraft because if you are so quick to diss other flight attendants in another company - how would you be with your own teammates? Just an observation - not intended in any way as an attack.
It really upsets me how, when a thread starts happily, upbeat and all good, there is always one who has to lower the tone.
It's so true what they say about us flight attendants - we either become sick, bitter and twisted or we end up with a wicked sense of humour and the patience of saints - lets hope the majority of us are the latter!:D

Im shocked I think I'm a bit of both ...
But you are so so right we all do the same job
and we should really respect each other and not try and score points .

Thank you for the wake up call :ok:

Airbourne-Adamski
16th Mar 2007, 16:35
Does not matter if we are low cost, Domestic, Long Haul, Private Jet Or first class only ect ect, I agree with the previous last 2 posts, As cabin crew in all areas we work bloody hard from making our pax happy to team work and so on.
We may have opinions about other airlines, but should not abuse those crew who work for them.

sunnygirl
23rd Mar 2007, 16:04
I expect most of the money for the pay rise is going to be at the expense of the LGW FlyJet crew who have just been told that they are all out of jobs at the end of April and now Silver Jet are trying their utmost to get out of paying them any redundancy pay.

judder-100
25th Mar 2007, 13:54
thank you for your kind words...........:yuk:

bluefreedom
26th Mar 2007, 07:31
Hi All,

Am new to this site, I will be joining Silverjet shortly and have a few questions re: rosters and days off please could someone provide me with info- Thanks

BestonBoard
27th Mar 2007, 15:08
Hi Blue freedom,
Welcome aboard. What would you like to know? :)

And for the previous 2 posts, the leaking of confidential information and the use of names, isn't that a big no no too? :=

Please don't air your frustrations at Silverjet Crew, after all, we are an innocent part in all of this. As a whole, Silverjet Cabin Crew are not informed about Flyjet, or their operations, we were recruited as a completely seperate long haul entity. If you have issues, may I suggest you take it up with the people involved directly???? thanks

bluefreedom
27th Mar 2007, 15:19
HI Bestonboard,

Thank you for the welcome : )

Having been crew before (shorthoul LHR) I was just wondering how the rosters are looking ?

Is there any swap or bidding facility ?

is it a case of 3 say trip 2days off or are there back to backs?

:O

It is a shame to see fellow crew angry with Silverjet we all do a great job and all try to achieve the same thing - happy passengers

x

bluefreedom
29th Mar 2007, 14:51
Hi,

Does anyone have any info on the rosters ? I would like to know how the trips are planning out i.e

are they 3 days followed by two days off is there a pattern?

Is there a swap system/bidding system ?

Would love to hear from a silverjet crew member?

BestonBoard
31st Mar 2007, 09:11
Hi blue freedom, sorry for taking so long, have just landed this morning. To be honest at the moment there is no set pattern as such. I have operated a trip, one day off, then another trip, rest today and then day off, then fly again monday. Then I have 3 days off before my next trip. You may do back to backs (i.e. fly monday, land wednesday am, 23 hours rest then fly thurs am... you would then land saturday and have a minimum 2 days off)... Crewing requirements change a lot to be honest. You may be called to operate downrank or uprank if required (you will be remunerated for working uprank though)

Sby's average between 5 - 7 duties a month. As we only have one flight a day going at the moment. SBY duty normally is for 4 hours only. Normally I do say, I do have a few 6 hour sby's in april.

Regarding a swap... you sort that out between yourself and the other crew member if you want to swap, just give ops at least 7 days notice and they will change it for you! (They're a good team)

Regarding bidding, this hasn't come into play yet, but you can request days off... so if you know when you want off, you pretty much know when you're gonna fly.

Hope that helps... look forward to seeing you online in the near future!
BOB :)

bluefreedom
2nd Apr 2007, 10:07
Hi Beston Board,

Thank you soo much that answers a lot of my questions, not long to go now until I start- cant wait

Thank you for you help xxx

atmosphere
2nd Apr 2007, 11:21
What are the loads like!?

How well are Silverjet doing? any news on new routes?

bluefreedom
2nd Apr 2007, 17:21
Hi,

Was just wondering - on average how many days off a month do silverjet crew get? Is there a minimum ?

How is the jet lag ?

Many Thanks

: )

Morissette
3rd Apr 2007, 13:14
Hello,

Wow so much anger and frustration from some of you people, that's charming!
I would like to thank you guys for your comments about my incapacity of flying with a crew ! if you must know, working for NetJets does not mean you don't qualify for working with people. And I do work with a crew i.e The Flight Crew but anyway!

I'm deadheading to EWR in a couple of days and I can't wait to experience the atmosphere and the service with Silverjet.

hope to be pleasantly surprised !

Stay Tuned :-)

Boofers
22nd Apr 2007, 22:05
Hi to all Silverjet Crew! I have provisionally been accepted for the next batch of interviews in July for September recruitment. I currently work for Virgin Atlantic and wondered if there are any ex-Virgin's out there, now working for Silverjet? Would be interested in PM'ing you for more information. I've worked for Virgin for over 7 years, so am interested in the Flight Manager role. Can anyone help?:) :ok:

Boofers
26th Apr 2007, 09:55
Thank you for replying! Yes, please do let me know what it is like at Silverjet - its sounds like an exiting new airline and I'm sick of the constant pay battles at Virgin!! Good luck and let me know how you get on! :)

imogen
26th Apr 2007, 11:16
I have been told I will be contacted for a sj interview in July as well. I used to work for Virgin but now fly out of Scotland. Is it possible to commute from Scotland with sj they sound like a fantastic company but feel it would be pointless to attend the interview unless it was feasible. Any info be much appreciated!

BestonBoard
27th Apr 2007, 13:06
Hi Imogen...

That decision really lies in your hands I'm afraid. We are still having a few sby's each month which is an hour and a half report time. However, we do have a good ops department who will normally let you know in advance if you are required. You can see our exact flight schedules (basically one departure at 10.00 am and as of 2nd July a second departure at 16.45), you have to report an hour and a half before duty...

The ony concern I would address if you are commuting is the fac that we do have deep night flights back, the comute back home will be a very tiring one! Not to put you off! Come and see for yourself, I'm sure you'll be very pleasantly surprised!

Any more questions, please feel free to get in touch!

regards

BOB:)

imogen
28th Apr 2007, 19:47
Thanks again have never heard so much positivity surrounding an airline and look forward to getting confirmation of my interview date! :)

737chick
2nd May 2007, 13:53
Hi All,

Many of you have been interested in this new and exciting airline we call Silverjet. i have read many comments on here mainly positive (thanks to BestonBoard) about the airline which is good as overall Silverjet are a great airline with a great product and its a shame that a few things let the whole operation down from a cabin crew perspective.

I have been with the company for a couple of months now and I must say that the crew (most of) are fab and even the passengers are great to talk to. i really expected something different here....maybe my expectations were way too high. We all know about the 'over promise and under deliver' phrase and Silverjet have certainly lived up to that!!!!

Firstly our onboard management teams ie the IFM's and the service co-ordinators.....with the exception of a few, DON'T HAVE A CLUE. How is it that an IFM who I found out actually lied to get his position is actually still allowed to operate even after the management team found out about it ?? Sep knowledge is ridiculous ...please forgive me if I am wrong but is it not the fact that we should all be confident with our proceedures especially the IFM's ??? Afterall we are all trained to the same standard so there is no excuse why the IFM's should be unsure with their proceedures . Inconsistency is the magic word at Silverjet. Everytime I fly, the SEP proceedures change and for a small airline with an estasblised sep department (Flyjet) why is this so hard to achieve. We have great Sep trainers but is seems that most people (IFM's) want to feel important so they make up a new procedures each flight!!!

There was an Ifm I flew with last month who had to refer to notes every time a briefing question was answered...not just for guidance but for the actually answers. The hesitation displayed by this person in question was utterly embarassing. Are these our onboard leaders ??? What if there was a situation onboard where I had to turn to my leaders for help?? Adding to this there are a few S/C's who do not qualify for their position ie either have not flown before or have only flown for six months I hear . Now from a service point of view anyone could be in those positions but surely from an SEP point of view there must be rules and regulations about this ???? Please enlighten me if I have misunderstood things.

It seems the company recruit and put people in positions based on who they know and as a little hint , it always helps if you have worked for one of the middle eastern carriers (mentioning no names but come to Silverjet and its obvious) Ok, surely Silverjet cannot have interviewed thousands in the UK and still be so desperate for crew that they now have to go to Dubai for Staff.....what is that all about. Middle Eastern airlines have a good service reputation but good cabin is definately down to the invidual and not your airline background surely????? In my opinion, UK crews work very hard and there are some very good crew out there that are getting rejected. Ok, we all interview badly sometimes, however, the ratio of successful candidates is pretty low in comparison

ok, lets say Silverjet are looking for 'Special ' and 'Unique' individuals to achieve thier goals ....then whay is it that the company is slowly moulding itself to the old skool ways of back stabbing ??? I have experienced lots of bitching, gossiping and hard politics. I heard about people on my training course , however, when I had met these people there is more often than not a different picture. It's not what you know it's definately who you know in this airline!!!!

I have had not pay slips (although I have only had one or two salaries but that is not the point,) no bonus scheme in place as advertised, uniform a mess and not practical (grooming trainer hasn't go a clue)no specific crew food, never enough water...oh and I got told off for taking a small bottle of water off as I was so dehydrated!!! What do I do when security at luton will not allow anymore than 100ml liquids onto the aircraft.....am I to sacrifice my health for these petty rules and regulations ?? Silverjet is meant to be fresh, bright and intelleligent. On the contrary, the crew are being treated very 2nd class .NEW AIRLINE, OLD WAYS!!

Now I really do hope this gets read by the right (or should I say wrong) people and if you have considered joining then by all means form your own opinion. My opinion is you can paint an aircraft to look good and do all the glamourous press shots ,however , the key to a real sucessful airline is looking after their staff and maintaining your company values in every aspect.:ugh: :D

Pandora's Box
2nd May 2007, 19:17
737chick,

Very interesting post. It's good to hear a differnent view of the company, especially as we just keep reading fantastic reviews from BestonBoard who im sure is getting paid extra to promote the airline on here....Only jocking:ok:

As regards to good crew getting rejected....I experienced this. I have been flying for 7 years, a senior for 3 years, yet i was'nt good enough for Silverjet. My friend also went for an interview, she has been flying 11 years, again not good enough for Silverjet. At my assessment day, got chatting to someone who has been flying years and a trainer for a big charter airline, yet he did'nt even get through to the interview with Silverjet. I just hope they hav'nt taken on a load of inexperienced crew just because they look good :ugh: :=

I do wish Silverjet all the best though, especially as my hubby has just joined them.....He's in the pointed end :)

beautifulsky
2nd May 2007, 19:59
Hello everybody! I´m so new in this forum but i think it´s so cool. I´m spanish and im living in UK in this moment. I have an interview next 18th of May with Silverjet. I would like to know some information about the inteviews. What does it consist? I´m will be really pleased if somebody could help me with that. Because i´m really interested in this company and i would like to do my best in that interview. Thank you very much.;)

TightSlot
3rd May 2007, 16:46
You should both be capable of having a discussion without personalising your disagreements. In most cases, the truth lies somewhere in between the extremes of argument - most people reading PPRuNe understand this: Proving, or attempting to prove somebody else wrong does not necessarily validate your own position - in short...

Cool it!!!

P.S. You may believe that you can see through each others user names and know who each other is in the real world. Normally, these assumptions are incorrect - Just in case they're not, I'll remind you that "outing" another user, even if only through carelessness, would result in an immediate and permanent ban.

MissApproach
3rd May 2007, 18:14
Hi Beautifulsky and everyone else for that matter!

I also have an interview on the 18th :) so I will see you there. Let's hope we can get some info on what the day will consist of!

I am keen to join an airline that has the same old fashioned values that I have! I went into aviation/flying 11 years ago because of my customer service skills, and they were recognised and appreciated. I moved back to the UK recently and wanted to continue flying, my only option at the time was a charter airline. I will not mention the name as it may put some people off, it just isn't for me, and I knew it from my 1st flight! The targets seem to take high priority over customer service! The job can really vary, and we all fit in somewhere but not everywhere.

I know a few people that have had interviews for silverjet and none of them got the job. They were all experienced Cabin Crew and more importantly very proffessional, smart & well presented !?!
I just hope it is not a marketing tool, I guess there may be a little bit of that understandably, but I hope I have been invited for an interview because they see me as a potential employee.
Does it really help if you know someone there? I don't know anyone personally working at SJ. I notice a few ex virgins have been invited for interviews :suspect: , does that help? I hope to get the job based on what I can offer as an individual.
Oh and is age an issue? I had heard they were employing only young people! But I am not sure I believe that (or want to believe it!). What about size? Are they looking for ultra skinny crew to fit down the 20" aisle;) !? I know they can't discriminate but what is the feeling from those on the silver side?

Thank you

BA Boi
4th May 2007, 00:34
MissApproach,

having done 11+ years in the industry you should try and reward yourself by trying to get into BA.

we are currently recruiting for shorthaul at LHR (a very, very good position).

why risk so much by going into an airline that isn't completely established yet? who knows where it will be in 6/12/18 months time? it never ceases to amaze me why so many crew (and i know alot personally) who just go from one disaster start-up airline to another and never seem to tire of being majorly let down.

do yourself a favour and go for the red, white and blue. i'm sure you'll get it.

good luck. :ok: .

FlyingDr
4th May 2007, 13:25
Hey everyone - I have been reading comments on this site for the last few months regarding SilverJet and their start up and have been interested to see the balanced comments to which they are receiving.

I am posting now because I applied to SilverJet back in February, interested after reading comments here I felt that a new airline with a slick image was where I wanted to head to. I received an email today with one page of instructions and information asking me to go for interview on May 14th, which is only 10 days away, and didn't give any idea of the process or the format for the day. I have previously flown with Virgin for 2 years and found their recruitment process very considerate and prompt. SilverJet to me on this occassion have taken a bit of a liberty in delaying response for so long, and not giving adequate notice of interview and information for the day. Is this a company which can hold you over a barrell even before you are in the sky?!

I guess what I want to hear is a bit of back up for them, does anyone know people in the recruitment dept? Are they inexperienced and finding their feet, and should I not be making a fuss here and simply let it go without saying?! I would love to give them a shot, I'm young, free and single, and not a Dr unfortunately but its the only name left apparently on this forum! I want to know now how do the crew feel about their jobs and what they enjoy and hate about being SilverJet crew....

I guess we all take a bit of a chance with things like this but hopefully someone will be able to convince me to go to interview and see what the deal is.

Cheers in advance for helping if you can!

maxma
4th May 2007, 22:11
Hi to everybody,
i am new to this forum,i find it really interesting talking about airlines here! Just wanted to ask if somebody knows anything about the salary in silverjet. i am about to be there for an interview on 17th of may. i live in greece and have to spend a lot of money now for them!!!!!

does anybody have the same date for the interview????

Boofers
4th May 2007, 22:49
Hi guys, well I got my interview for 18th May. Unfortunately I am away on holiday that week and cant make it.... I asked if they had any other dates and they said no. Oh well, their loss! I am not sure about working for an airline that don't seem to look after their crew... Of course, its all a matter of opinion as well - I'd be interested to hear about others who are really happy at SJ... I'm sure there are happy and well looked-after crew out there? It'd be great to hear from you so there is a good mix of opinions about SJ! :hmm:

Iconic
5th May 2007, 09:54
Hi Miss Approach,

Firstly good luck with your upcoming interview.

Relax, enjoy the day and I am sure you will perform well.

Previous posts on this thread can tell you of what the day consists of but you will probably find it is quite relaxed from previous airline interviews that you may have attended.

Ok as for age, well I am mid-thirties so living testomany that you do not have to be under the age of twenty one. Indeed some people off my course were in their fifties so absolutely no age discrimination with SilverJet or indeed any other form of discrimination. We have a real diverse and varied team of crew from all nationalities and walks of life.

From my own personal point of view I am absolutley loving working for SJ, its a great company to be with. Also keeps us on our toes as we continually adapt our product from customers reaction, feedback and suggestions. I would say if you prefer a more regimented, traditional kind of crew role then SJ will not be for you. Some people have left because of this reason, having expected it to be something it is not.

You need a real passion for delivering excellent customer service. A keen eye for detail, the ability to anticipate our customers needs and above all remain adaptable.

I for one am still kind of blown away at how well we are doing, taking into account that we have only been up and running since the end on January. Everyone seems to love the service and the product as a whole. I am really glad I made the decision to move here and intend on staying here for as long as they will have me.

Good luck to any other boys and girls with up-coming interviews. Look forward to seeing those of you who are successful online!

Regards

Iconic :ok:

Silver Angel
7th May 2007, 12:33
Does anybody know if Silverjet are recruiting in Dubai only because they now prefer to recruit experienced crew who have worked for one of the middle eastern carriers?

What does that mean for wannabes like me with customer service experience but no cabin crew experience? Do I stand a chance?

:confused:

springroll-2
7th May 2007, 16:52
YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY IF YOU DON,T LIKE IT GET OUT...!!!...YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SELF FOR WRITING THINGS LIKE THAT ABOUT YOUR TEAM MEMBERS ....AND YOU MUST GET A LIFE..BECAUSE TO SPEND SO MUCH TIME WRITING RUBBISH ABOUT OUR COMPANY IT MUST HAVE TAKEN YOU TWO WEEKS TO WRITE IT...YOU MUST BE WALKING AROUND WITH YOUR EYES CLOSED BECAUSE THE COMPANY DO LOOK OUT FOR THE CREW..IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE..YOU SAY ABOUT THE CREW FOOD..TELL ME SOMETHING WHAT OTHER AIRLINE GIVE,S THERE CREW THE SAME FOOD AS THEIR PASSENGERS..!!! NO ONE....AND YOUR SAYING ABOUT THE GROOMING TRAINER...THEY ARE DOING A TOP NOTCH JOB..YOUR JUST JEALOUS..BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALOT MORE STYLE THAN YOU...NOW IF I WAS YOU I WOULD START ENJOYING YOUR ROLE....OR JUST GO AND CHEW ON THE SPRING ROLLS..BECAUSE WE DO NOT NEED PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN OUR PERFECT COMPANY.............AND ON GOOD NOTE I WISH ALL THE PEOPLE GONIG FOR JOB,S WITH OUR COMPANY THE BEST OF LUCK... YOU,LL LOVE IT....:ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:..P.S 737CHICK I RECOMMEND YOU GO FOR A VERY VERY COLD SHOWER..THATS IF YOU HAVE ONE THAT IS......!!!! ..OR EVEN BETTER GO AND CHEW ON YOUR SAUTEED PAK CHOI......!!! SILVER ANGEL JUST GO FOR IT YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE...SEE YOU ON LINE...GOOD LUCK..!!:)

marlowe
7th May 2007, 18:27
Springroll if you think Silverjet is a perfect company then i think you need to go get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TightSlot
7th May 2007, 22:23
I'm sure that Silverjet have a normal well-adjusted bunch of folk working for them - unfortunately, not many seem to make it to the posting on PPRuNe stage. Here are a few reminders of the guidelines for posting on this thread (and others)

Typing in upper case IS CALLED SHOUTING - IT IS DIFFICULT TO READ, IRRITATING AND CONSIDERED BAD FORM ON INTERNET FORUMS, SO DON'T DO IT!

Play the ball, not the player - putting somebody else down doesn't make your case stronger - usually the reverse is true.

Spelling and Grammar matter - they make it easier for people to understand what you are saying - if you cannot take the time to ensure that what you are writing is understandable by other humans, don't be surprised if they don't bother to try and understand.

BestonBoard
8th May 2007, 03:10
Hi,
Dr... regarding the recruitment information. I don't believe Silverjet are holding anybody over a barrel, as far as I'm aware. Our second aircraft is now undergoing refits etc, it is my belief that until a set date for her to come into action was finalised, recruitment had to hold fire... I guess they've now been given the go ahead, and would like to meet you at the earliest available opportunity.
The recruitment team have been in the industry for years, and as far as I am aware, have recruited for such major carriers as Air New Zealand, Gulf, Etihad etc... They are extremely qualified.

To answer concerns about whether the company wants experienced crew... It doesn't state on any recruitment advertisements (e.g aviationjobsearch etc) that flying experience is a requirement... beneficial for a Service Coordinator role, but not compulsory. Customer Service and Life experience are one of the things I believe benefitted me!

If you're interested in the company then please go along for the day if you are invited. It is also designed to give you an insite into the company and what we have to offer.

Good luck to all of you who take the chance!

Regards

BOB!

flylondon
9th May 2007, 19:22
Hi everybody. I have an interview with Silverjet on monday and am very nervous :) Although I have a job as a cabin crew, I still want to work for Silverjet a lot. Has anybody recently attended an interview with them? What do I expect to find in the interview day? Also, does anybody now how is the salary like in Silverjet?

MissApproach
10th May 2007, 08:41
Once again hello to you all!

FlyLondon-Good luck for Monday! I have my interview on Thursday :eek: !

I would just like to ask the silver Ladies and Gentlemen a few questions...

1. Are your stand-by duties in a block of 3 days? (e.g. to cover a possible trip)

2. How long is the training course? And where is the course held?

3. I presume if the training is at LTN the accommodation will not be paid for during the initial training course, am I correct?

Many thanks in advance! You may pm me if you prefer..

MissA

flylondon
10th May 2007, 14:27
Good Luck to you too MissApproach... Let me know how it goes...

Iconic
10th May 2007, 15:05
To answer some of your questions...

Standby's can be odd single days or a block of five. However usually three to cover a trips duration.

The course runs for a little under six weeks. It is quite intense considering your only fleeted on one aircraft but the new 767 we are acquiring will be a variant from the silverspirit.

Also the cabin service aspect of the course will no doubt be more detailed than any previous airline training as we do things quite differently at SilverJet.

With regards to course accomodation remember you are contracted to work from London Luton so you will need to make your own arrangements for this during the duration of the course. I myself stayed at a number of Travel Lodges around the area and if you book enough in advance then you can get some excellent rates.

Hope this info is of help.

Also just spotted the new SilverJet ad on youtube, check it out! :ok:

Iconic

MissApproach
10th May 2007, 20:18
Flylondon - I will let you know how it goes, I would also like to hear how you get on.

Iconic - Thank you for answering my questions. It is just as I had expected really.
I wanted to know if I can commit to the job before I go for the interview! If successful I would be commuting from the Bristol/Bath area :hmm:. Only I can make that decision, so I will have a good think about it over the next few days. Ooh just one more question.. Is there a huge amount of homework for the course? Is it possible to go home at weekends for some 'time out'?

Iconic
11th May 2007, 10:29
lol, Yes home at weekends is good. Thats exactly what I did as you do need some down time. There is some home work for the course and I guess the more you study the easier you make life for yourself.

Also just so you know we have a lot of people living some distance from Luton so it is do-able. You will just need to make sure you have some provisions for your standby's and being able to report in time if you are called.

Iconic

MissApproach
11th May 2007, 10:56
Thank you Iconic! I think I have all my questions anwered now :) .

The new Silverjet ad is fab :D ! It seems they have a bit of the Virgin cheeky sense of humour!

Eddy
13th May 2007, 14:12
I cannot talk with any great conviction about the company, it must be said, but when I attended an interview there I was very, very impressed.

I was offered the role of Service Co-ordinator but turned it down as I didn't want to be stuck in a galley - that's not what I started flying for.

Regardless, the company does seem like a great airline with a fantastic product, and the decision not to go there was a tough one.

Others who were interviewed with me but were sent home early included Pursers with GB Airways with many years of flying experience, so it seems the selection criteria with Silverjet is unusual but quite specific.

Best of luck to all interested.

737chick
14th May 2007, 14:14
Well its been a few days now since my last post and I just thought I'd come on now the dust has settles slightly!!!!:rolleyes:

My last posting on here was not to offend anybody, but merely to voice an opinion which I feel quite strongly about. Still loving my job and the great friends I have made there.:)

By the way, I have just found out that crew members have received monetary payments from management in return for 'excellent service' Surely this bonus should be given to 'all ' hard workers in the company not just the 'liked' few. I have worked my butt off for the last two months and so have a lot of other people I know. oh, by the way, these payments or such scheme has not been officially set in place for all of us to work towards.;)

Dizzydolly
14th May 2007, 14:38
......:ok:I agree , it's a shame that not everyone that deserves it is treated the same. Like others, I have worked hard and had customer reviews...never had a days sick and always been there when needed....what do I get ????? Perhaps next time I will be in the "lucky set" :}

Moshe77
16th May 2007, 12:12
Hi there,
I have an interview this Friday with Silverjet I was wondering if anyone that has already been for an interview this week could share some light as to what to expect on the day. As I am feeling quite nervous.
Many thanks

MissApproach
17th May 2007, 13:06
Hello Moshe77

I can not help you with any more information than what is on here. But I can share your nerves - I have got my interview tomorrow too..:eek:!
I have just finished a night shift so I am sooooo tired....:zzz:!

Does anyone know if there is parking available at the Alteon training centre where the interview takes place?

Cheers!

MissA

Iconic
17th May 2007, 21:55
Yes there is parking available at the Alteon training centre.

Good luck to all who have interviews tomorrow!

:ok: :ok: :ok:

MissApproach
18th May 2007, 21:49
flylondon - How did you get on with your interview?

Moshe77
21st May 2007, 17:24
Hey Miss Approach,
Was lovely meeting you on friday. I totally messed up my 1 on 1 in the afternoon. Have you heard anything yet?

Princess79
21st May 2007, 17:31
Hi everyone, had an interview with Silverjet on Tuesday and just recieved the thanks but no thanks email.

Good news is i can reapply in 12 months.:rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone elso though.

xx

MissApproach
21st May 2007, 17:36
Ditto, and I felt confident that it went well!
Did you think it went well for you?

Princess79
21st May 2007, 17:44
To be honest with you I was surprised I got through to the 2-1, I said about 2 words in the group discussion. Thought the 2-1 went ok. But obviously I was wrong.

Got a job at the moment, so not a real big problem. Plus kinda got a job with Maxjet, just waiting for a formal offer and start date.

Just 12 months and counting till we can apply again. Lol. They might have more routes by then.

xx

Silver Angel
21st May 2007, 22:02
I would like to know if there is anyone else out there who has applied to Silverjet this month, May 2007. I did not receive any confirmation email after sending my application, and they are holding a lot of interviews this month. If anyone has been invited for an immediate interview (except Dubai applicants) I would like to know - then I can assume it's a "no".

Bear132
21st May 2007, 22:44
Hi Everyone,

I have been up and down about whether to apply or not to SilverJet for some time now and I must admit reading this thread kinda puts me off !!!!lol

I am ex BA crew and I have heard that SilverJet do not like us and do not give anyone BA/ExBA jobs?? Has anyone else heard this?

I know quite a few people (well alot actually) with really good experience who were turned down at the interview day. Mind you they did say they were very put off and prob wouldnt have accepted it anyway.

Anyone shed any light????

Cheers

x

Moshe77
21st May 2007, 23:49
Hi Bear132,
I am current BA crew and ex virgin crew and i had an interview last week, I got through to the 1-2-1 stage, but I didn't get the job and I have a lot of flying experience, flying with the UKs 2 leading carriers, so maybe your theory about BA crew not getting the job is correct.

eggorbeans
22nd May 2007, 07:22
Interesting reading- but why would they interview BA staff if they had no intentions of giving them a job. I don't think they need to boost up the numbers attending interview, by the sounds of it! just a thought.

MissApproach
22nd May 2007, 09:37
Maybe to show they exercise 'equal opportunities'!?!
It is a recruitment agency, that also recruit for Air New Zealand - it is a different way of interviewing, they seem to use this psychometric questioning technique!

I had been warned Silverjet seem to take only young people, but I was encouraged to go anyway as there seems to be a few older crew there too. But come to think of it when I attended the interview last Friday I saw the new recruits (training) and they were all young and beautiful!
It is a shame they are losing out on some really great people, although I am not saying the people they already have aren't great - I am sure they are.

I too have many years experience in scheduled, sub and private charter and I am another ex Virgin Atlantic employee. But like one of my friends said "you have to be in to win" so go for it! You will never know otherwise.

Good luck!

flygirl28
22nd May 2007, 10:51
Age definitely doesn't figure, i know people who work for SJ who are in their mid 30's and older. I don't think previous airlines make a difference either, there a quite a few crew who are ex Virgin cabin crew.
All i can say is if you really want it (and from what i can tell, they are a great company to work for)keep trying. 8 aircraft over the next 3 years means they are going to need lots of crew and if their is one thing i have learnt persistance definitely pays off! Good luck

MissApproach
22nd May 2007, 10:57
Well that is good news for those who still have interviews coming up! Good luck all of you inside and outside of Silverjet!

wannaflyagain
23rd May 2007, 09:22
Hi out there,

I was just curious as to how long it takes to get a response from SJ when you apply on line?

I have sent email with cv and photo's pasted onto it (the cv that is!). It's been over a week now.

Are they still recruiting for direct enty In flight Managers, or just for cabin crew?

I have been reading the posts with great interest and it sounds like a superb outfit.

Good luck to everyone who is at the interview stage. To thoses who were not successful, try and get some feedback if that is possible, It may help should you wish to apply again in the future.

MissApproach
25th May 2007, 15:54
Hi Wannafly

I think I had confirmation of my application within a week of applying. In that confirmation email it stated when they planned to hold their next set of interviews of which I had been selelected for.

I had my interview last Friday, during the interview they asked which position I was interested in. So I take it from that they are still looking for all ranks or at least cabin crew and service coordinator.

With regards to feedback - Unfortunately in my 'thanks but no thanks email' it clearly states "we will not be offering individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates" :-(
I would love to know where it went wrong, as I thought it went well :confused:.

Good luck!

bluefreedom
6th Jun 2007, 19:56
Hi all

I am Silverjet crew, I think the thoughts that they are not interested in BA crew are not true, as I am ex BA myself. I have to say this is a fabulous company and very different. There is a very positive vibe and it is refreshing to work with positive and happy crew. The Company is fresh and innovative, this is a pleasant change.

Good Luck to all those who apply and to those who havent been successful Good luck for next time. Keep trying ! :)

I am very happy here and I am glad I took the plunge and tried something new x

cchopeful
11th Jun 2007, 10:16
Hello, just a quick question for those working at Silverjet; I've looked on the Company Website but can't find the information.

What is the salary for junior cabin crew, and how much do you actually take home (after allowances etc)?

Thanks very much

Ah - just after posting this i came across this thread http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243629&page=3
which answers my question.

But i do have another having read that thread - there seems to be some arguement in it about how many trips can be flown - someone is suggesting that the limit is 900hrs flying a year. My question relates to the max hours - i thought that it was 2,000 working hours for cabin crew (maybe the 900hrs are flying hours and apply to pilots?).

It's all rather confusing to an outsider. Can anyone clarify please?

Thanks

Airbourne-Adamski
11th Jun 2007, 18:08
CAA requirements if I have got this right is...................

900 Block hours (Flying Hours) hours in a 12 month period. And that is a rolling 12 months meaning for example I will look at the amount of hours i have done from this month til last June, and next month it will be amount of hours from july to last july and so on.

hope that helps

cchopeful
13th Jun 2007, 08:36
Oh right, so if it's 7 1/2 hrs to New York, the maximum you can work is 60 return trips a year, so rather than the 7/8 trips a month that people talk about it must average no more than 5 per month. Is that right?

Airbourne-Adamski
13th Jun 2007, 10:50
cchopeful

Ok you can do 210 hrs in 28 consecutive days (roughly speaking your rostered month)

But still 900 hrs in 12 consecutive months.

So you can do upto 210 hrs a month but not exceed 900 hrs within a 12 month period. You could in theory work max hours each month but when it comes close to your 900 hrs before the 12 month period rostering will have to cut your flying right back so you dont go over.

Hope thats not to confusing

whatsgoingon
14th Jun 2007, 02:15
Well where do i start.

I think that its pathetic that a simple air-condition pack going down was turned into a Rapid Decompression .
Lets go at it point by point.
1. There are only 2 Air-conditioning packs not 4, why the ifm told the crew there were 4 I don’t know. That wasn’t really the BEST thing to do.
2. Informing the crew that there mite be an explosive decompression, but then not telling them to stow any of the carts or even to stop the service. what were you thinking?
3. Half of the crew didn’t even know what was going on, crew asking other crew is not really acceptable is it?
From what I have been told your not really the BEST Ifm Silverjet have.

ShesGreatintheGalley
14th Jun 2007, 02:46
okkaaaaay then. have a lie down and a becks i think.

Chris Gains
14th Jun 2007, 08:44
To answer the hours question. The 900 Block hours per year rule is for pilots only. Cabin Crews restrictions are 2000 Duty hours per year. There are also the following Restrictions:-

60 Hours in any 7 consecutive days but can increase to 65 hours "On the day" i.e. due to delays!!!
105 Hours in any 14 Consecutive Days
210 Hours in any 28 Consecutive Days.

Hope this helps.
Regards
The Gains

Muttley Crew
14th Jun 2007, 09:47
WTF are you talking about, Holmes?

A pack failure (or even 2/2 packs failing) does not cause rapid or "explosive" decompression... (unless the failure was caused by an SA-8. :rolleyes: )

So anyway let me get this straight: someone tells you to be ready for an explosive decompression and you don't think it'd be a good idea to put the pots and pans away? And somehow this is someone else's fault?????

I guess some people expect the crew to be able to think for themselves, even just a little bit...

Airbourne-Adamski
14th Jun 2007, 15:29
Chris Cains
To answer the hours question. The 900 Block hours per year rule is for pilots only. Cabin Crews restrictions are 2000 Duty hours per year. There are also the following Restrictions:-
60 Hours in any 7 consecutive days but can increase to 65 hours "On the day" i.e. due to delays!!!
105 Hours in any 14 Consecutive Days
210 Hours in any 28 Consecutive Days.
Hope this helps.
Regards
The Gains
Chris I am not meaning to step on your toes with this one, but I have just checked in my manual with a copy of the CAA Flight Time Limitations
and he says........
Cumulative Flying Hour Limits Shall Be A Maximum Of:
100 hours in any 28 consecutive days
270 hours in any 12 consecutive weeks
550 hours in any 6 consecutive months
75o hours in any 9 consecutive months, And
900 hours in any 12 consecutive months.
These hours represent Flying Hours. And also represents cabin crew not just pilots.

I belive what you are refering to is Cumulative DUTY HOUR LIMITS where
you can do 1880 hours in any 12 consecutive months.

Dont forget flying hours covers time off blocks (pushback) to time on blocks.
Duty hours covers the above plus check in's, pre flight brief, de briefes, home standbys, airport standbys, training days ect.

Airbourne-Adamski
19th Jun 2007, 15:42
Well where do i start.

I think that its pathetic that a simple air-condition pack going down was turned into a Rapid Decompression .
Lets go at it point by point.
1. There are only 2 Air-conditioning packs not 4, why the ifm told the crew there were 4 I don’t know. That wasn’t really the BEST thing to do.
2. Informing the crew that there mite be an explosive decompression, but then not telling them to stow any of the carts or even to stop the service. what were you thinking?
3. Half of the crew didn’t even know what was going on, crew asking other crew is not really acceptable is it?
From what I have been told your not really the BEST Ifm Silverjet have.

I was just reading through this again trying to work out what the actual story was or the siuation :confused:

If the Flt Deck suspected a possible rapid decompression they would of done a PA to tell crew to takes seats as they were commencing a emergency decent or whatever your manual says in that situation rather than a briefing.

Secondly if my ifm/senior told me of a possible decompression I would straight away secure galley and toilets and not wait to be asked or told, then I would take my seat and strap in, we all know what happens in a decomp.
Dont forget you are all a team and inicitive comes with it. Maybe the IFM was not the best but did you not think to become a team player and use your inicitive?

PS not having a dig, just posting my views.

imogen
20th Jun 2007, 16:35
I know I have posted before but I did'nt attend my Silverjet interview as I was advised that commuting from Glasgow would not really be possible. I have now heard that there is quite a few commuters and have been offered another interview? Do you know if this is the case. My friend is crew with Netjets and they pay for her commute back to Glasgow - do silverjet have any concessions at all - the company sound fantastic.

marlowe
21st Jun 2007, 08:06
Whatsgoingon whats your problem? reading your post it seems you have a personality problem with the person you are trying to subtlety "out" with your post. The question you have to ask yourself is given the same circumstances would you have done any better? Maybe there was a lack of understanding of what the IFM wanted done? more and more these days crews are flying together with a loose grip on a common language maybe somthing was lost in translation?

flygirl28
21st Jun 2007, 16:50
I think we are moving away from the reason this thread was started - to give information to those who want to join SJ.
Surely instead of airing dirty linen in public, if you have a problem with the way a colleague has handled a situation you should be big enough to take it to your manager and voice it to them?

TightSlot
21st Jun 2007, 20:11
the reason this thread was started - to give information to those who want to join SJ
That's not the reason the thread was started. The thread actually exists for discussion of all matters relating to Silverjet, not as an employment aid for wannabees

737chick
22nd Jun 2007, 18:26
.....I agree, people should be able to voice an opinion based on their personal experiences as long as they are not offensive. I am a lot happier now at Silverjet as things are changing for the better. At the time, there was nobody I felt I could talk to without being judged. New aircraft, possible new routes and promotions so its on the way :oh:

Mr Angry from Purley
22nd Jun 2007, 20:42
Airbourne
Sorry your wrong on the flying hours I agree with Chris Gains. CAP371 24.2 (E) Cabin Crew rules states The annual and 28 day limits of flying hour appertaining to Flight Crew do not apply.

Chris is correct, the 2000 hrs duty hours is a new limit, not sure where your 1880 comes from. This is working time directive, not CAP. This can cause problems I know Easyjet ran into issues with its CC.
If the 28 day limits were applied a lot of airlines would come to a grinding halt, as would your flight pay. With the best will in the world 6 back to back Newarks could be rostered in a month for Pilots, so at a guess 7 for CC.
(7 x 3 days = 21 + 7 days off)
:\

Eddy
22nd Jun 2007, 22:15
"I am Silverjet crew, I think the thoughts that they are not interested in BA crew are not true, as I am ex BA myself. I have to say this is a fabulous company and very different. There is a very positive vibe and it is refreshing to work with positive and happy crew. The Company is fresh and innovative, this is a pleasant change."

I can confirm. I went for an interview with Silverjet (though at the time I mentioned on this thread that it was a friend going for the interview) and am currently with British Airways.

I fulfilled their requirements for IFM and so asked that I be considered for that job. Though relatively young, I have a lot of "life experience" if you will and felt more than capable of taking on the role. Still, it wasn't to be. I was offered Service Co-Ordinator but the prospect of spending all my time in a galley didn't appeal - that's not why I became crew.

I turned down the job but hope to re-apply when I have more flying experience (approaching four years now) and might have more luck in a direct entry IFM position. I am keen to work for Silverjet so I haven't abandoned the idea entirely.

Airbourne-Adamski
24th Jun 2007, 11:37
Mr Angry from Purley

Fair one, I appreciate your feedback.

Flight Time Limitations are not my strong point LOL, I usually only read on my limitations for duty hours per day with regards to discretion if the duty is going tits up lol.

I think I have misread my manual and going to look through again :ugh: :}

wannaflyagain
25th Jun 2007, 10:09
"An employer must ensure that crew do not work more than 2,000 hours in any 12 month period, of which total flying time must not exceed 900 hours.
Periods spent working overtime and on standby duty are captured under the definition of "working time" and should therefore be taken into account when calculating an individual's total annual working time. It should be noted that there was not previously any requirement in law or in CAA guidance which guaranteed a maximum of 2,000 hours annual working time."
This qutoe was taken from the DTI website on Civil Aviation (Working Time) Regulations 2004. Assuming that rostering periods are 28 days, there are approximately 13 periods in a year, one of which is holiday. Therefore, you are available to fly for 12 of the 13 rostering periods. 900/12=75 hours flying duty periods per 28 days. However, this is only an average. You can do more in one period. However, over the year maximum is 900 hours.
Hope that clears up the confusion.

PS. These regulations apply to Flight and Cabin Crew:ok: