PDA

View Full Version : Silverjet

Pages : 1 [2]

vyseb
25th Jun 2007, 23:08
Hi all,
I just found out about this post and it is quite interesting:)
I 've just been invited for the 2nd round interview with SJ this coming Friday, any thought/tips or tricks for the day?;)
1 more question to ask the experience guy(s) and gal(s) here:
how long would it take to know the outcome? would that be straight away or have to wait for a couple of week(s) or month(s)

Thank you and have a good day:O

standardbrief
26th Jun 2007, 15:38
hi
the second day is quite informal, you will have a presentation in the morning an they will tell you a bit about the company then we all introduce ourselves.
After that we had a group exercise, split into groups of about 8, and they watch how you work together.
Then if your successful at that stage they then go onto give one to one interviews, about half the people who went got through to this stage.
Its quite a quick interview and have told us they will let us know by monday 2nd.
They all seem really nice and its quite a relaxed day so dont worry, and good luck! :)

vyseb
26th Jun 2007, 16:44
Standardbrief,

thank you so much :ok:, your answer made me feel less nervous now. I will let you guys know how it goes later this week.

ta:D

Bear132
27th Jun 2007, 10:37
Thanks for the info, i too feel less nervous now - sure that will change come Fri!!haha!

Fingers crossed, and for you too vyseb!x

Conny_T_Nental
27th Jun 2007, 17:24
Well done on getting to round 2 peeps... that's fab news! :D Conny x

Banzai Eagle
30th Jun 2007, 08:39
Eos and MAXjet approach big airlines over partnership or sale

US all business-class transatlantic airlines Eos and MAXjet have approached a number of European carriers looking for a partner or possible buyer, The Times newspaper reports today. Both airlines operate flights from Stansted Airport to the US.

The airlines are believed to be looking for access to the marketing and procurement power of the larger groups, with the newspaper's sources saying they have approached British Airways, Air France and Lufthansa.

Eos is understood to be talking to private equity groups and institutional investors about selling the business, the newspaper added. It is reported to have ruled out an initial public offering (IPO) in London. Meanwhile, it said MAXjet is believed to have proposed a merger with UK business-only rival Silverjet. Both are listed on the UK Aim market with capitalisations of around £100m. MAXjet raised £47m via an IPO earlier this month.

Both BA and Virgin have announced plans to launch their own premium-class only flights (probably first and business, rather than just business) from European cities to the US next year, which would put the existing airlines under pressure. At least one investment back is also reported to be considering entering the market.

Business and first-class seats are the most profitable parts of running a transatlantic service and both BA and Virgin are concerned that the new carriers could cut into their margins.

A spokesman for MAXjet told The Times it was not in negotiations, while BA declined to comment. Dave Spurlock, founder of Eos, told the newspaper: 'We do not discuss our financing activities.'

ianbeale
2nd Jul 2007, 17:37
Have applied to SJ for the position of IFM approx 10 days ago. Havn't heard anything , not even an automated response. Any ideas on how long it takes for the company to get back to me ? Whats the best way to folllow up my application with the company ?

Also , a bit concerned as ex BA crew , are they still not really recruiting us ? (dont want to get my hopes up too much !! ) or is this not really taken into account ?

many thnks for any help

IB

Conny_T_Nental
4th Jul 2007, 17:29
Howdy IB,
Not sure where this Ex-BA rumour comes from, as far as I know SJ don't discriminate against anyone (not even me!)
Have you had a reply yet? All I could suggest is to send a mail to [email protected] and ask about your progress. I know we're only advertising for crew and s/c's on aviationjobsearch, but our site says different... good luck to y'all who apply, and maybe see ya in the Silver Skies!

Conny x

ianbeale
5th Jul 2007, 08:41
Hi conny ,thnks for ypur reply . I did exectly that and havn't heard back . I also emailed the general enqUirey email addy , and was told there is a backlog of applications at the moment.
Lets hope I hear soon :ok:
Thanks again
IB

silverflyer
5th Jul 2007, 15:12
New to the forum, but have been interested in peoples comments about silverjet and same as most airlines you can't please everyone. Cabin crew is all about team work and its the crew that keep most airlines going and the reason most crew come to work (and the pay packet of course).
Had an interview with silverjet on the 26th and heard by mon 2nd that they had offered me a job. Must say i replied straight away as really excited about the future of silverjet. Can't wait to be online and work with those crew that are positive about the future too.:O

Airbourne-Adamski
5th Jul 2007, 15:12
Anyone seen this Silverjet Ad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgYDohoobOw

imogen
5th Jul 2007, 15:56
Any idea when Silverjet will be recruiting again? I was advised by HR it would probably be in July - any info appreciated thanks

silverflyer
5th Jul 2007, 16:14
They said they need 40 cabin crew per month till next Feb so very shortly i would imagine.

Airbourne-Adamski
5th Jul 2007, 16:24
Silverjet are still advertising on cabincrew.com for cabin plus on their website.

40 per month, Blimey, I know you are expecting your second a/c any day but to be looking for 40 crew a month is some expansion.
Is it 40 to be recruited, or 40 candidates interviewed a month?

silverflyer
5th Jul 2007, 16:30
They said they wanted to employ 40 per month !! I think they said they would have 5 a/c by then and more routes but not 100 % on that.

silverflyer
5th Jul 2007, 16:34
Don't quote me but i'm sure they said they will have 5 A/C by then.

Airbourne-Adamski
5th Jul 2007, 16:48
I heard from LTN ATC when i popped up for a visit that SJ aircraft will be moved to there own dedicated area which is the Harrods aviation ramp by the harrods terminal.
If you not sure where that is, it is where all harrods private stuff park near/next to the old easyland HQ.

wannaflyagain
7th Jul 2007, 11:21
Dear Ian,

Just read your post. They took about four weeks to get back to me once I applied on line, then it was quick, quick, quick! I had my interview on 26th June and was offered the job on Monday 2nd July for a 30th July start date. I too am ex BA - longhaul crew (and over 40!) so no prejudice there. Good luck with everything and sit tight. You will hear something soon.

Boofers
9th Jul 2007, 18:02
Calling all SC's!! I have just been offered a job with Silverjet as an SC (they said I didn't have enough experience to be an IFM). Was just wondering if there is anyone out there who is an SC and wouldn't mind PM'ing me. I've got to make a decision this week and would like some help in making that decision!
Many thanks!!!:ok:

jbflyer
13th Jul 2007, 22:03
Hi All,
I am a Cabin Service Supervisor with Virgin Atlantic and wondered what the salary for an IFM at SilverJet is. Currently I earn 1350 GBP per month after tax plus allowances of approx 300-500 GBP per month (tax free). Would an IFM earn more or less than this? I do 5 flights per month on average.
Also, I have been flying for 8 years with VS, 2 as a Supervisor, does this qualify me for the IFM role?
Thanks for any help.

Boofers
14th Jul 2007, 19:09
Hi, well I have been flying for Virgin for 7.5 years and 2 years as CSS, but Silverjet wouldn't take me on as IFM as I didn't have enough 'management' experience and not on the correct aircraft (ie B767). They have offered me a position as a service coordinator though which is less money. However, I think the pay structure is a better one than Virgin's as you get £2.75 per hour from the point of check-in to the point you get off the aircraft and go home. This means you are paid for any delays - unlike Virgin! Hope this helps? Have you applied yet?

LGW21
17th Jul 2007, 12:39
Cant believe you didnt get IFM with all your experience, the majority of our IFM's are from airlines such as qantas uk, ANZ uk & Emirates and I wasnt aware those airlines had 767's, very few of any of our crew have previous 767 experience. However congratulations on your SC role its just a shame someone with your experience who works for such a highly regarded airline can not join our IFM team.

highheels
17th Jul 2007, 14:34
I applied to Silver Jet for the role of IFM and have been told that I do not fulfill their criteria for IMF, however, they will consider me for Service Co-ordinator.

I have 12 years flying experience with a major charter airline, 8 years as an Inflight Manager. Also 8 years on and off with the Training Dept, and have been checked out on the 767 for 12 years. Before flying I was doing a Management Degree, before that I was in retail management. I assumed that I did not meet their criteria due to my lack of Business / First Class flying.

If I were to consider the role of Service Co-ordinator what is promotion like within the company once you have proved yourself? Or is there no promotion from within only direct entry.

Airbourne-Adamski
19th Jul 2007, 12:34
I saw your sparkly new 767 the other day.

Whats the rotations now with the new a/c?

Iconic
19th Jul 2007, 16:28
The new aircraft is now flying to new york and is a very swish sight to behold inside, especially the new ladies powder room! :p

We are going to be flying double daily to new york in a few weeks and our new route will be announced in just a couple of weeks!

Exciting times ahead :ok:

Airbourne-Adamski
20th Jul 2007, 15:28
New Route.............

So many rumours are already flying around LTN,
J.Berg, Dubai, another US State.

flyca86
22nd Jul 2007, 17:48
hi guys
i ve been invited for an interview with Silver Jet for the end of the month.I m a BMED-BMI cabin crew heathrow based.I would like some information form you..who already work for SJ...rosters,salary.allowance....ecc ecc...any information will be very very appreciate.
thanks
safe flight

lucyj1984
24th Jul 2007, 11:25
hello i am looking to apply for silverjet this month as i hear they are looking to emply another 100 members of sfatt
don't no how true this is

can someone please let me no what chance i stand
i do not have any cabin crew experience but have customer service to a supervisors level

what are the intervies like and is this worth me applying if i have no experience in this field if you could please get back to me many thanks

i am 23 years of age would this affect my application
lucyj1984

lucyj1984
24th Jul 2007, 11:32
hello

was looking for a bit of help new to all of this

i am looking to apply for a cabin crew posistion with silverjet

is there anyone who has been offered a posistion from silverjet with no previous experience of flying

i come from a very strong background of customer service to a supervisor level and am very keen to get on the ladder for cabin crew

am i wasting my time or should i apply to silverjet

what is the interview like and does anyone have any tips on how to achieve my goal

is there a different airline i should go to without the experience

i am 23 years of age would that effect me in any way

please email me if you can answer any of my questions on here or at [email protected]

thanks

lucy fletcher

lucyj1984
24th Jul 2007, 11:43
hello

i don't have any experience in the cabin crew field come from a strong customer service back

am i wasting my time going for a interview

what happens in the interview can you please give me some advise

many thanks

Mefly
25th Jul 2007, 15:19
Hi Lucy

I work as crew for Silverjet and have been with them since the start. As with most airlines it is not necessary to have any experience with a previous airline. I myself had never worked as crew before but have always worked in customer services roles which is the most important thing. We have a mixture of people who have never flown before right up to people who have been flying for 16 years or more. There is also a good mixture of ages. I'm 29 but we have people as young as 19 and also people in their 40s so age doesn't seem to matter.

I hope I've answered all your questions.
Good luck :ok:

blueskybird
25th Jul 2007, 19:04
hi mefly :O
im seriously considering applying for silverjet. it's as tho they've given airtravel a boost of glamour again...no trollies, no going a hundred miles an hour on the service because you've got a few hundred monkeys onboard, behaving like children, waiting to go to palma!
however, could you fill me in please on the wages side of things. i've read what the basics are, but what have you been taking home since you've started? are you cabin crew or css or ifm?
also, do you think its possible to live in birmingham and commute? im just thinking about how expensive rent etc would be down luton way??
also, (sorry about the gazillion q's :rolleyes: ) do you actually get to go around new york or is it pretty much get to your hotle, sleep and then get back to the airport again?
has there been any talk of capetown as an option for one of their new routes?
i would really appreciate any info you could give me, us here on pprune. many thanx,
x x blueskybird x x :ok:

lucyj1984
26th Jul 2007, 08:00
Thank you for your email back nice to see something positive about silverjet as everything seems to be so negative on this site
i am getting my pictures done on sunday so will be forwarding my cv on monday
is the picture got to be done in any certain way or just a picture of me standing there and a passport one of my face
Can you give me any help on what happens from when my application goes forward
whats the selection process and what happens when you go for an interview anything i need to brush up on or just be myself

thanks for your help

Mefly
26th Jul 2007, 15:14
Blueskybird: In answer to your many questions! Yes you can commute from Birmingham. Most of us commute. I don't want to be too specific about pay but obviously it depends on how many flights you do per month as to how well you do. I'm just CC but have been doing quite nicely so far although the next few months are going to be quieter for us.
Yes there's plenty of opportunity to go into New York. The train takes about 45 mins but once our second flight starts we will be using two hotels and the second is much closer.
We don't know where the second route is going to be as it's all top secret. Various different places have been mentioned but they're not giving anything away yet!

Lucy: Don't worry too much about your photos. Mine were just taken outside. Try to look smart but you don't need to wear a suit. Make sure you smile though as that's what is most important.
The day is just the usual group exercise followed by an interview if you get through. Mine was all in one day but I believe they ask you to come back for the interview part now.

I think that covers all your questions. My fingers are aching now so I'm going to stop! :)

p.s - yes be yourself. Hopefully your a nice friendly person as that will help.

lucyj1984
26th Jul 2007, 15:59
thank you so much for your help

i really want a job in cc and with silverjet
i think i am very friendly and approachable i just hope i am what they are looking for i am so passionate about being a air hotess i don;t think i would be able to settle in any other job as i feel it would be second best and i would not put in a hundred persent to anything but cc

How many days do you get to stop over in new york and is it enough time to have a shop

thanks

lucy

Silver Angel
27th Jul 2007, 20:30
I have been offered an interview with Silverjet on August 15th. Does anybody know if they are also interviewing the following week as it will be difficult for me to make that date (and I haven't been able to get in touch with HR to try and change it)?

Banzai Eagle
30th Jul 2007, 17:28
Regrettably, Silverjet has had to postpone the launch of the second service between London Luton and New York Newark, scheduled to start on 31 July. The flights affected are: Y70105, departing Luton at 16:45 and Y70106, departing Newark at 21:55.
The start of these flights has been delayed until late September 2007.
If you are booked on the affected flights, we will be contacting you over the next couple of weeks to rebook you on alternative Silverjet services or to arrange a full refund.
Silverjet apologises for any inconvenience caused and we appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this matter.

lucyj1984
31st Jul 2007, 10:29
hello

how long did it take for you to be offered to attend the selection process how long from the time you sent your cv to the day you got an email back

missworld21
31st Jul 2007, 11:31
Hi Guys,

Hope you can answer a few questions for me! i am thinking of applying to silverjey as i had an interview scheduled for BA LHR EF but BA cancelled pending interviews until further notice - which i imagine is going to be a while! SO...... i would like to still apply fo CC but am looking for a company where i will see the world and get paid quite well. i currently earn £1250 a month, would it be anywhere near to this? what are your first few months like with the company? locations, schedules pay etc? is it only nyc? thanks guys, i look forward to all your help and info! xxx

Edited by missworld21 - Today at 12:11pm

ARM
31st Jul 2007, 18:35
SilverJet wrote me an email the week before asking me if I could go to an tinterview the 30 July. At the moment I live in Madrid and the flights for those days were really expensive; so I wrote them telling I couldn't go. I also asked them if the could advise me in advance; but I had no respond.

Could the have add me in a black list??

Thanks you and luck

Silver Angel
31st Jul 2007, 21:32
It took around 2 months from sending in my application, to being offered the interview. Now comes the difficult part...

lucyj1984
1st Aug 2007, 11:38
cause i had an automatic response from silverjet saying they should get back to me within 2 -3 weeks

did you go on the selection day with silverjet or get a interview strat from sending in your cv

Silver Angel
1st Aug 2007, 20:23
I did not get that automated response email, so hopefully that should mean you won't have to wait too long to hear back from them. And I just sent in my CV - I did not attend a selection day. Fingers crossed, eh?

lucyj1984
2nd Aug 2007, 09:00
good luck

thats good cause normally you have to go to a selection day before you get an interview do you have cabin crew experience that might be why you got an interview straight away

the automatic response said i should here back within 2-3 weeks so hopefully they won't delay to much after that time

SCANDIC
12th Aug 2007, 20:22
Hi people i don't think that they should of got rid of Flyjet they should of found some bigger and better aircraft with a bigger range, i think that it might knock Silverjet abit sideways but i wish them good luck for the future.:)