PDA

View Full Version : Flight School on Montreal - advice

Skydreams
12th Sep 2006, 16:31
Can anyone recommend a good flight school near Montreal that would be good for converting JAA CPL IR to Canadian CPL IFR?

thanks!

rotateandfly
18th Sep 2006, 16:07
There used to be a lot of flight schools in and around Montreal.
Located at Trudeau Intl airport the only school i know of is Dorval Aviation. In my opinion, they would be a superb school to convert your CPL/IR, since there is a higher amount of professionalism and Trudeau is a good place to train in with easy access. My experience there was good and i highly recommend them.
St-Hubert airport CYHU is located southeast of Montreal not too far away. However, i dono which schools there are right now. I know that Pro Aviation just recently closed its doors, Montreal Flying Club moved to Laurentide Aviation in Les Cedres, so that would leave Cargair, Inc. I believe and i heard of plans to open a new school with a Piper Seneca I.
If you've got a car theres the possibility of Laurentide Aviation located at Les Cedres airport to the southwest of Montreal, about 30 minutes from the west island and i estimate an hour and a half from downtown Montreal.
Even further to the southwest there is a flight school in Cornwall, ive only flown there once, so i dont know too much about them, have heard good and bad.

To convert licences, Dorval Aviation seems the way to go, their website is
www.dorvalaviation.com