PDA

View Full Version : Miss Home..

capson
12th Sep 2006, 13:20
:) hey Guys/gals...
Been away for so long..now i think it's time to come home.:)
Just like to know what is the market like. Been reading a lot in here..
AC is picking up..and few Co's going belly up..
What are the chances for someone with over 3000hrs mostly on 727, and
MD11. Contract is finishing next year..
just looking at few options :} :}

Mostly Harmless
12th Sep 2006, 22:48
I would say odds are very good. Depends on what type of work you are looking for and what kind of pay you are willing to accept. You're going to be at the bottom of a union pile, starting all over again. If you are okay with that, I would bet you have very good odds of landing a heavy job.
This should help narrow the seach a bit.
http://pilotcareercentre.com/ACDSearchTypeCatFilter.aspx?TypeCatID=6&CountryID=1

capson
13th Sep 2006, 06:02
Hey thanks for reply Mostly Harmless,

Well looking at the link and going by what you said...well i need long hard think:ooh:

Also how much i really miss home...:confused:

thanks for the reply..:)

GreatCircle
13th Sep 2006, 21:40
Capson

check your private msg and let me know...

Mostly Harmless
14th Sep 2006, 02:54
I hope things work out well for you no matter what you choose. Good luck.

Willie Everlearn
17th Sep 2006, 22:24
capson
Whilst my advice is entirely FREE, it isn't always what best suits the individual who asks such an inviting question.
But, here goes.

If you decide to return to Canada, despite the fact you're homesick, you'll probably regret it beyond your wildest expectations. Aviation here is in the cess pool, never mind the toilet. No one cares whether you've flown MD11s or 727s. You're still coming in on the bottom whether you join West Jet, Air Canada or (fill-in-the-blank). Salaries for 'beginners' are stagnant at the 40K mark (50 if you're lucky) despite the fact the COL has risen over the last 20 years. Never mind. Employers have found pilots in Canada to be a dime-a-dozen and eager to work for these wages. Many of whom are unwilling and very reluctant to try their luck abroad so we've reaped what we've sown, which is 40K to start. :ugh:

Having experienced what you're going through I can tell you coming home has been one of life's greatest regrets. :{
This is a great country, but if you're a pilot, it ain't that great. :=

However, if you wish to return to Canada as something other than a pilot you may just find your nervana. :rolleyes:

Whatever you choose, best of luck?
Willie
:ok:

TakeUsInJames
18th Sep 2006, 13:04
Good luck Capson,
I'm in the same boat as you. Aviation in Canada isn't paradise but I look forward to coming home. Sometimes it isn't all about money, but lifestyle(stop laughing guys!). There are other options though, for instance flying for a stable asian carrier with a base in Canada sounds like a very good deal.