PDA

View Full Version : Replacing a log book before its finished

Alvin Steele
12th Sep 2006, 12:39
I still have my original Jeppesen PPL Log book.....having learnt in the US, and want to update to a 'UK style' one..........however, I still have some way to go before finishing it (probably bout 2016):O
An examiner told me I can update to a new log-book (before the other one is finished) provided I keep it and the new one with me.
Whats the form on this?
Responses eagerly awaited.
Cheers

Tim

DFC
12th Sep 2006, 13:16
Total up the page and make a note that the totals are carried forward to Logbook number 2.

Draw a neat diagonal line across unused pages to avoid confusion.

You are required to retain Logbook number 1 for at least 2 years after the last entry. However, I expect that like most pilots you will retain it for longer than that.

Regards,

DFC

Alvin Steele
12th Sep 2006, 16:51
Many thanks for that DFC, I didnt doubt the examiners advice, but rather wanted a second opinion to be sure and to guard against 'shifting goalposts'

Regards

Tim

On-MarkBob
21st Sep 2006, 23:35
Second opinion is the same as the first, just carry the totals to the second. Furthermore, my advice is to record entries on every other line and finish each log book as soon as you can, then file under S for 'Safe'. Don't use big log books. I lost one of my log books when my flight case was stolen. Don't let that happen to you!!!!

Bob.

DFC
22nd Sep 2006, 08:17
........my advice is to record entries on every other line and finish each log book as soon as you can...........

Bob.

Your name isn't Bob Pooley by any chance is it! :}

Regards,

DFC