PDA

View Full Version : Orly??

3FallinFlyer
11th Sep 2006, 10:34
Anyone flown into there before? Thinking of flying in next Thursday - IFR in a PA28R. Any advice, comments or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

pistongone
11th Sep 2006, 15:26
I would have thought a big wad of euro's wouldnt go amiss:ok: :ok: Cant see that being a cheap tea stop:sad: :sad:

Final 3 Greens
11th Sep 2006, 16:32
Orly is a biiiiiiiig airport :}

3FallinFlyer
11th Sep 2006, 17:15
You don't think I'll be putting my short field technique into practice then?? :O But seriously, I have a meeting 20KM south of Orly on Friday Morning and the only flight is £450 return from LCY so I may as well spend the cash flying myself. The only other alternative I can think of is Bretigny-Sur-Orge but don't know how accomodating the French Mil will be to a brit flying an N-Reg puddle jumper!

skydriller
11th Sep 2006, 17:23
You don't think I'll be putting my short field technique into practice then?? :O But seriously, I have a meeting 20KM south of Orly on Friday Morning and the only flight is £450 return from LCY so I may as well spend the cash flying myself. The only other alternative I can think of is Bretigny-Sur-Orge but don't know how accomodating the French Mil will be to a brit flying an N-Reg puddle jumper!

What about La ferte Allies(sp?) to the south? If it is 20km south of Orly then Im sure its less than 20km north of there? Your other option is Tousses to the west.

Regards, SD..

Flyin'Dutch'
11th Sep 2006, 17:24
Don't think Orly accept SEPs

May be wrong. Did you 'ave a look at the SIA website?

Edited to say, just looked and SEP seems no problem.

http://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/html/frameset_aip_fr.htm

werewolf
11th Sep 2006, 19:49
Try Melun-Villaroche LFPM (20km SE of Orly), PPR the previous working day by 1400Z by fax 01 64 14 27 33. See VAC and IAC plates on SIA site.

3FallinFlyer
11th Sep 2006, 20:56
Thanks for the suggestions all! I've got a few (less pricey) idea's to work on :) :) I'll figure out where is closest (turns out where I'm going is only 5km south of Orly!)

FormerFlake
11th Sep 2006, 22:16
They normal only give Slots if you have a conecting flight with them, pain in the :mad: .