PDA

View Full Version : Southampton?

Aussie Andy
11th Sep 2006, 09:49
What's the deal with Southampton these days? A friend of mine (Sam, aka Trafficcontrol) wants to fly into Southampton in a C172 to meet some friends and possibly take them flying as well.

I recall hearing that they pushed out based GA a/c, so was wondering if they are still "friendly" towards visitors in light aircraft? Are the landing feees exhorbidant? AIP indicates mandatory handling required for all non-GA so sounds like its probably OK, but interested to hear if anyone has recent expereince of the place.

Many thanks!

Andy :ok:

airborne_artist
11th Sep 2006, 10:13
Try this PPrune (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=233140&highlight=southampton+bournemouth) thread.

BRL
11th Sep 2006, 19:52
Hi Andy. Check this place out, it is brilliant!

Lower Upham. (http://www.lowerupham.com/contact.htm):ok:

RonAir
12th Sep 2006, 21:51
I flew in there in PA32 at the weekend to pick up friend, go flying then returned to drop him off. Phoned in advance for ppr and no problem. Marshaled to stand 12, next to ops, free ride to/from terminal. A bit pricy at £36, but it was convenient.

Aussie Andy
12th Sep 2006, 22:17
Cheers all, thanks.

Andy :ok:

TCAS FAN
13th Sep 2006, 11:01
Southampton are GA friendly, they often do not have anywhere to park GA. Due to a severe lack of apron parking space, Southampton has been PPR to GA for the past few years. If you do want to fly in there you need a PPR number from Airfield OPS (02380 627102) or go for the executive service and park on the Signature Flight Support Apron.

If you get the PPR number its a landing fee and free transport to the Terminal.
If you go the executive route its a landing fee and loadsa money for a handling charge, although you should get free tea/coffee and biscuits. Signature can be contacted on 02380 627039.

Signature have more spare space, but at a price.

If you are thinking about trying to get into Southampton between 15 -23 September, get your bid in now. Its the annual Southampton Boat Show when every spare inch of parking space is taken up with visiting aircraft. Signature have even been seen to turn prospective customers away during Boat Show week.

trafficcontrol
13th Sep 2006, 15:13
Just to say thank you very much for all your details.

I Am not sure when it is going to be planned for, but when i do it will be an important meeting so have to arrive in style :ok:
I must say i am very much looking forward to it, Thank you again for the information presented.

- And to you Andy mate for looking into it for me! Ta!
Cheers All!!

Sam