PDA

View Full Version : ME/IR Instruction

Dude~
9th Sep 2006, 22:24
I'm begginning to think about moving onto to CPL/IR instruction. Does anyone know what the minimum experience is likely to be, and will it mean spending more money to do more courses or do people get bonded?

Anyone know of any places looking to take on new CPL instuctors?

Thanks

MVE
11th Sep 2006, 08:02
check LASORS on the CAA website, it's self explanitary.....

Dude~
11th Sep 2006, 11:25
Ok, thanks for the standard PPRUNE response. I've checked LASORS but was hoping for more real life feedback hence the question about financing the training, which of course isn't in LASORS. I'm also looking for information on what employers actually require rather than the legal minimum.

Cheers

Dr Eckener
11th Sep 2006, 11:49
the larger schools may well bond you (oxford, jerez, etc). others will generally expect you to have the ratings. i would suggest a call around the fto's you want to work for to see what their current requirements are. me/ir instructors are in reasonably short supply. cpl instructors less so. if a school is short they may well offer you a deal to do the course with them, but as i say, the only way to find out is to get on the phone or visit.

Willing to sell soul
14th Sep 2006, 11:48
Thinking of the CPL/IR instructor route myself. Sadly as is always the case for someone in my position, money is the deciding factor....would people be kind enough to provide 'ball park' salaries/hourly rates for this type of work.

Many Thanks,
WTSS

MVE
15th Sep 2006, 10:30
Ball park salary is around £20-22000 pa and up at start, hourly rate for part time is around £50 per flying hour, once experienced expect 26000 - 40000.

When you consider you need 30 hours P1 MEP (p1s does not count) to start the MEP teaching course and a couple of grand for both the IR and the twin teaching courses it is a very poor salary, better off financially driving a bus! but not as fun.....There will be no bond if you pay for the courses and hours yourself or tell them to get stuffed if they try to bond you!:ugh: