PDA

View Full Version : Seating the PA Cadet?

newtrainer
8th Sep 2006, 11:04
Hi - Im curious as to how many passengers the PA28 Cadet will seat, is it one in the right hand seat and two in the back, or can you get three in the back?

If three, Im guessing a weight and balance sheet must be filled out to ensure you dont go over your limits?

Thank you

Dave Gittins
8th Sep 2006, 11:52
If it's like the PA-28s I fly it only has 2 belts in the back so that .... plus of course the weight and balance is the restricting factor.

If you need to take more pax - get a Cherokee 6.

DGG

Mark 1
8th Sep 2006, 12:22
AFAIK all the PA28 variants are certificated as 4-seaters.
A quirk in the laws allows infants under 2 years old and not occupying a separate seat to be carried in addition. Probably not a good idea though.

gcolyer
8th Sep 2006, 12:58
If you need to take more pax - get a Cherokee 6.

DGG

yeah..get the old PA32-300 variant. That is a 7 seater and can lift a shed load of weight.

BFMD
8th Sep 2006, 16:32
It would be interesting to try and fit 3 adults in the back of a cadet! Its not the most comfortable ride with 2 in. :)

aluminium persuader
8th Sep 2006, 16:48
The bigger-engined TB's can get 3 in the back. Probably not comfy for 3 adults, but they're wider than a PA28.

distaff_beancounter
8th Sep 2006, 21:28
The bigger-engined TB's can get 3 in the back. Probably not comfy for 3 adults, but they're wider than a PA28.
The 180HP TB10 that I fly has 3 seats in the back. BUT, I have never found five adults that I can get in and still be within W & B.
OK, so I have got too many large friends! ;)