PDA

View Full Version : Decent Hotel near CTC?

green brain
7th Sep 2006, 10:09
I'm Heading down to the NATS 'CTC' near Fareham shortly for stage 2 tests and require an overnight stay beforehand. Can anybody recommend a nearby, cheap hotel? I've seen the 'solent hotel' over the road but it's a little out of my price range. Thanks in advance etc...

Gonzo
7th Sep 2006, 10:13
Be advised, you're heading for CTC (Corporate and Technical Centre - near Fareham) to do the stage 2 tests, which is about 40 miles away from CATC (College of Air Traffic Control - part of DAT&S - Department of Air Traffic Control Training and Simulation), near Bournemouth.

Welcome to the world of acronyms!

Lookatthesky
7th Sep 2006, 13:12
I'm Heading down to the NATS 'CTC' near Fareham shortly for stage 2 tests and require an overnight stay beforehand. Can anybody recommend a nearby, cheap hotel? I've seen the 'solent hotel' over the road but it's a little out of my price range. Thanks in advance etc...

Erm, if you're attending for stage 2, won't NATS pay for your accom? If so, the Solent Hotel is the nearest hotel.

steve_atc
7th Sep 2006, 16:30
As NATS are paying...the De Vere Grand Harbour is fairly average.
Only about 20-25min cab drive away from CTC and well worth it.

green brain
7th Sep 2006, 17:31
Unfortunately NATS will only pay travel expenses; to quote their e-mail: 'Overnight accommodation will not be reimbursed'.

BDiONU
7th Sep 2006, 18:56
Premier Travel Inn (http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=23945) at Park Gate, about 1/3 rd of the way to the CTC from the railway station.

BD

vintage ATCO
7th Sep 2006, 19:03
See if NATS have any deals in the area. The Solent is quite nice and relaxing, and very close to CTC. Just what you need before a stressful day! :)

Their restaurant is expensive but there is a pub in the car park which is part of the hotel so it can all go on the same bill. Reasonable food and decent ales, but don't drink too many. :):)

Good luck :ok:

NorthSouth
7th Sep 2006, 21:22
The Solent is quite nice and relaxing, and very close to CTCQuoted me £200 for a night there next week. No fanx!
NS

White Hart
7th Sep 2006, 21:53
If you're a golfer, you might want to look at the Marriott Meon Valley Hotel. 20mins by car/taxi from CTC - about £113.00 per night inc full English breakfast, plus its got a nice restaurant, and reasonable prices for food and drink. And of course, its got a beautiful golf course.

With electric buggies, and flags, and holes and things...

PS - its also got Tug TV ;):} !!! just in case you're feeling lonely/bored :}

vintage ATCO
8th Sep 2006, 07:42
Quoted me £200 for a night there next week. No fanx!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

If you must ask for a suite . . . . . :)

Why are hotel prices so barmy in this country? :confused:

tired-flyboy
9th Sep 2006, 09:59
If your coming down by air, why not stay at the Travel Inn (or is it the holiday inn express) next to Southampton Airport.

Its Junction 5, CTC is Junction 9, not really that far and at least you would be reimbursed for the 'travel element'

HTH

TFB!

cdtaylor_nats
11th Sep 2006, 12:46
I always stay in the Red Lion in Fareham. Access to lots of restaurants and pubs. Plus real ale on the premises. Good breakfast as well.

eyeinthesky
11th Sep 2006, 14:33
There is also a NATS minibus service from Southampton Airport Parkway station (right next to the Travel Inn and on the same side of the railway tracks) which goes to CTC regularly during the morning and back in the afternoon. It is operated by Airlynx (blue with yellow writing).

I'm not sure whether you need to show NATS ID to board it. If you are planning on using it, I suggest you call reception at the CTC and explain you are coming for an interview and, if they need to, can they send you a letter or some form of proof that you can use it.

Phone no: 01489 616001.