PDA

View Full Version : CRM training in Australasia

Lostagain
6th Sep 2006, 22:44
I'm a 737 Captain doing an aviation degree in human factors and I have an assignment on Australasian CRM training.
I am trying to conduct some research into the effectiveneess of CRM training programmes in Australasian airlines.
In particular, I would be interested in comments on the following questions:
1. Does your CRM training programme involve:
a. A cyclical system of different subjects
b. A little bit on a lot of subjects each time
c. A programme which principally reviews specific incidents each
time.
2. How much CRM training do you get? (2 hours, 1/2 day, whole day?)
3. Is it your perception that CRM training actually improves safety?
If anybody can provide me with a link to any statistical data which reflects improvements in safety due to CRM training then that would also be very much appreciated.
Many thanks

Tigs2
14th Sep 2006, 15:42
Lostagain

There is a CRM developers group on yahoo. You should find it ok. If you post your questions there you should get some replys. I know there are plenty from Ozland use the site. the email is [email protected], but i can't remember if you can mail before you join. Good luck.
Tigs

Hawk
2nd Oct 2006, 09:57
I'm a 737 Captain doing an aviation degree in human factors and I have an assignment on Australasian CRM training.
I am trying to conduct some research into the effectiveneess of CRM training programmes in Australasian airlines.
In particular, I would be interested in comments on the following questions:
1. Does your CRM training programme involve:
a. A cyclical system of different subjects
b. A little bit on a lot of subjects each time
c. A programme which principally reviews specific incidents each
time.
2. How much CRM training do you get? (2 hours, 1/2 day, whole day?)
3. Is it your perception that CRM training actually improves safety?
If anybody can provide me with a link to any statistical data which reflects improvements in safety due to CRM training then that would also be very much appreciated.
Many thanks

Good luck with your research. However. you need to get the permission of the Site owners to access PPRuNe's data base for research purposes.

Thank you