PDA

View Full Version : good manuals to prepare the pre-entry test for the flight instructor course?

fredmrs
6th Sep 2006, 13:27
Hello,
I'm going to do the flight instructor course in Uk in few months, so i need to pass a pre entry test. To help me to revise my courses anyone can tell me what kind of test is it, kind of questions ?
If anyone knows a good manual to help me to revise the pre entry test i will be hapy to know it as well ?

Thanks for your help.

Fred.

BillieBob
6th Sep 2006, 16:41
It's an entirely practical test, based on the class rating proficiency check. There is no theoretical knowledge element and, therefore, no manual and no revision. You can either fly well enough to pass or you can't and, considering it's in the FIC instructor's financial interest that you pass, you probably will.

timzsta
7th Sep 2006, 19:23
Where are you doing your FIC course? I finished mine a few months ago. PM if you want some helpfull hints and tips etc. Rest assured it will be the best flying course you have ever done.

fredmrs
8th Sep 2006, 03:48
Hello

Thanks timzsta for your post, yes of course i will be please to get as much as tips as you can give me.
Do i need to revise a lot the theory before doing my course?
You confirm no theorical questions like when you start a type rating for the pre entry test ?
And the most important one, have you found a job now ? is it easy to get an instructor job ?
how does that work for the first 100hrs of instrution as you are FI(r)? are you paid during these first 100 Hrs?
I'm not sure where i'm going to do my course but as i'm going to live in Luton, i think i'm going to do my course at Cranfield airfield that's the nearest airport. Anyone knows good schools at Cranfield or in the vicinity of Luton.
Thanks for all your helps .

Have a nice flight!
Fred

timzsta
16th Sep 2006, 20:52
I would read up on your principles of flight as that is what a lot of the groundschool will be based around. Stuff like lift, stability, forces affecting an aircraft in flight, stalling and spinning. You will spin on the course and its good fun.

If you know what aircraft type you will be doing the course on might be worth a quick flick through the POH if you havent flown it for a while.

Try and read up on the lessons you will be doing ahead of them so you get the most out of it. There is a book written by R.D.Campbell called "The Flying Instructors Manual" which I would recommend.

It really is a good course, you will learn so much and have a lot of fun doing it.

I got a part time FI job about 24hrs after my FI rating was issued. Only thing with FI work is pay is not great. If you can afford to go full time do it. If not settle for part time like I have. Hours wise I have done about 75 in the last 4 months working at the weekends.

Whopity
22nd Sep 2006, 07:54
Or there is an up to date book from these guys:

http://www.ontrackaviation.com/book.htm

as used by the CAA Examiners.