PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

uncle ian
6th Sep 2006, 11:49
Hello again from a (non-paying) customer.

I have to return to your forum to say thank you to the Heathrow Special/Thames Radar desk for their help to me on Sunday last. I was covering the Tour of Britain bicycle race for the beeb.

Whoever was on during the race found a way of getting me into the Heathrow Zone together with "plod" with 500' separation. Absolutely outstanding lateral thinking from a controller who understands why we rotary pilots do what we do. (In this case for both the viewers of a bicycle road race!).

I must ask if you have created a precedent here, sir. (without mentioning precicely the device you used lest it embarrass anyone)

If the individual concerned is not a ppruner perhaps AlanM would be kind enough to bring this to his attention and, perhaps, answer on his behalf.

With very best wishes from a real fan (despite the impression my last visit to your forum gave),

Uncle Ian

AlanM
6th Sep 2006, 13:02
uncle Ian, we often utilise the 500ft separation in the LHR Zone that Northolt are allowed to use. I am guessing that was what was done.

If not, might be best continuing this via PM!! :)

Seriously though, I will pass on yr kind words.

Talkdownman
6th Sep 2006, 13:10
So will I............ ;)

uncle ian
8th Sep 2006, 10:01
AlanM,

It was as you suggest. I think you know who I am and will appreciate that I've been at this old game for decades. I can honestly say that I've not come across the Northolt solution before despite numerous pop concerts, sporting events, public demonstrations and so on.

Nevertheless I was very grateful on Sunday and my appreciation of your (collective) efforts is not dimmed by learning it's not new to you guys.

Thanks again

Uncle Ian

AlanM
8th Sep 2006, 12:14
You had better behave boy. Or you may be subjected to the 500ft sep'n into Northolt in yr shiny jet!!

We just lurrrve Northolt to LHR hops.....

Talkdownman
8th Sep 2006, 16:40
What??!! Thames Radar being helpful??!! ;)Make the most of it while it lasts ;)

Talkdownman
8th Sep 2006, 16:44
I was very grateful on Sunday......Uncle Ian'......One Two' or '........One Eight'?