PDA

View Full Version : no clearance in RESTRICTED AREA

540DEGREE TorqueTurn
5th Sep 2006, 23:10
ok some time ago when i worked for a mustering company in the N.T ,australia .we would on a daily basis fly tree top height if not less (because most of us have a height problem any way)straight through restricted airspace the delemere bombing range and so on. mustering while jets roared around / ,over /and in between ,,, nothing was ever mentioned
I even one day popped out of timber and thought where the hell am i , seeing alot of biult up dirt pyramids crossing a airstrip in the open ,later finding out they where targets .....
Can radar pick us up if no transponder equiped if we get down low and go go go :E

bottom rung
6th Sep 2006, 07:36
Life must be boring for you since Airfix shut down.

Barnaby the Bear
6th Sep 2006, 08:24
It would depend on the RADAR. I would be more concerned if the SAR could find you as they don't know you are there. :=

No Further Requirements
6th Sep 2006, 11:00
Yes, the F/A18's radar can look down and shoot down.....is that what you meant?

:}

ATCO2
6th Sep 2006, 21:13
540DEGREE TorqueTurn

Yes, radar can pick you up if you are within range of PSR and there is line of sight between you and radar. If you are out of range of PSR and you are not transporder equiped, no chance to see you on the radar. Normal range of PSR is 40-60 NM, depends on type of.

Good luck flying there.

topdrop
8th Sep 2006, 03:20
Reminds me of the chopper pilot during one Pitchblack exercise who rang up day before (as required) to advise where/when he would be mustering cattle - this is so the knuckleheads can plan their low level activities away from that area. They forgot to put it in the program. Pilot called up for clearance and was eventually told he could operate over water not above 100feet!! :mad::mad::mad::ugh::ugh::ugh:

No Further Requirements
9th Sep 2006, 12:44
Mustering Dugong perhaps......:}